The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

TheOriginalTiki

Nickelodeon's been killing it recently between Dora and the Lost City of Gold being shockingly great and Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling being one of the most satisfying 90's cartoon revivals I've ever seen. Cartoon Network is also really on point with Infinity Train. That might not live up to the heights of "Over the Garden Wall", but it gets darn close and has a second season to expand upon things. Disney has also been killing it with DuckTales and a potentially looming Disney Afternoon Cinematic Universe. Nice to see that at least on TV 2D animation is thriving and producing really high quality work.

TheOriginalTiki

Any Disneyland locals know if it's possible to rope drop the cantina? I'm 30 days out from my trip and didn't realize I could have made a reservation a month ago. I've gotten wind of a standby line, so I'm willing to sacrifice a proper "rope drop" in lieu of getting in some time in the morning. Tbh I'm going to be significantly less excited for Galaxy's Edge if I know I won't be able to get in at all. (Of course I'll be checking the app daily to see if reservations open, but there's no guarantees with that...)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Nickelodeon's been killing it recently between Dora and the Lost City of Gold being shockingly great and Rocko's Modern Life: Static Cling being one of the most satisfying 90's cartoon revivals I've ever seen. Cartoon Network is also really on point with Infinity Train. That might not live up to the heights of "Over the Garden Wall", but it gets darn close and has a second season to expand upon things. Disney has also been killing it with DuckTales and a potentially looming Disney Afternoon Cinematic Universe. Nice to see that at least on TV 2D animation is thriving and producing really high quality work.
I hadn't realized that Infinity Train was that fantastic! I'll have to check it out!

TwilightZone

Slight ish update
yes I am alive!
I love dowk so much I now am a moderator of the lodeddiper discord and reddit.
I will probably check in here and there but dont expect me to be like super active or anything. I decided to pop back in because school season is here so most people are now busy and I am super bored.
I also play keyboard now! Which is nice. Still learning.
Uhhh and yeah.

DisneyManOne

D23 Park Updates Thus Far: (This will be updated over time with each new announcement)

-- The Marvel land at DCA will be called "Avengers Campus" and be interwoven with the Paris and Hong Kong Marvel lands with the narrative that the Avengers are recruiting new heroes the world over, and these lands serve as their campuses.

-- The Star Wars hotel being built near Hollywood Studios' Galaxy's Edge will be called "Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser."

-- At Epcot, Innoventions West will be removed to make way for the expanded plaza. As part of the new plaza, a walkthrough called "Moana: Journey of Water" will be opening. More on this development will be announced Sunday, but for now, this is what Disney has said: "This first-ever attraction based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios hit film, “Moana,” will let guests interact with magical, living water in a beautiful and inspiring setting."

-- The Odyssey will play host to "Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience", which will give guests a sneak peek at all the upcoming additions the park.

-- Disney has said that Epcot will be split into "four neighborhoods" -- Blog Mickey surmises that this will apply to Future World only -- but no further information has dropped about that yet.

-- The Future World pavilion logos are coming back.

-- Laughing Place on Twitter shared this photograph of an Epcot model, heavily implying that Coco will be added to the Mexico pavilion. (EDIT: I was wrong about this. No announcement was made for a Coco ride. Gran Fiesta Tour is safe.)

ECny9G7UcAA_TVI

-- Furthermore, Disney also released this nifty bit of concept art:

epcot-overhaul-concept-art-d23-2019-1.jpg

If this concept art is any indication, they are emulating the original Epcot concept art from around the time the park was to open:

EarlyE.jpg

EDIT: Attractions Magazine has uploaded this video, detailing concept art from Epcot's transformation.

What intrigues me about this video is how it gives us a more in-depth look at the new plaza replacing Innoventions. In addition to the new restaurant replacing Electric Umbrella and the new beer garden, we'll also be getting new fountains, unique lighting in the trees and a garden area inspired by Alice in Wonderland. And is it just me, or does the acrobatics group depicted at 3:11 make me feel like we'll see Kristos returning? (Also, seeing how Innoventions Plaza looked in that video, the new plaza will be so much of an improvement.)

As said above, I will update this post with all the information that will come on Sunday! See ya then!

EDIT: It's Parks Panel Day! Here is everything they announced today (BTW, I'm only covering new stuff they announced, and not any elaborations on past announcements -- i;e Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge or Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway):

-- New parade at Disneyland called "Magic Happens", replacing Mickey's Soundsational Parade; featuring a song by YouTube artist Todrick Hall.

-- Frozen land coming to Hong Kong Disneyland, with Epcot's Frozen Ever After and Wandering Oaken's Sliding Sleighs, which basically looks like a Frozen-ified Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Also, Hong Kong's new castle finally gets a name: Castle of Magical Dreams.

-- Cirque du Soleil is working with Disney Animation to make a new show to replace La Nouba, all about Disney animation. In fact, animator extraordinaire Eric Goldberg is working on the project! The story is about a young girl whose father was an animator, and she is sent on a journey of self-discovery through the world of Disney. It will begin a preview session at Disney Springs on March 20th, 2020 and will officially open on April 17th.

-- At Avengers Campus, the Spider-Man ride is still a go; the land's major restaurant will be themed around Ant-Man and the Wasp and Doctor Strange will have a show here. The second phase will bring about the long-awaited Avengers E-ticket. California's Phase One will open in 2020.

-- At Epcot, Future Word will be split into three different areas: "World Discovery" (Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, PLAY!, Mission: SPACE and Test Track), "World Nature" (The Land and The Seas) and "World Celebration." (Spaceship Earth, Journey Into Imagination, Odyssey and new gardens) Add in the existing World Showcase, and you've got the aforementioned four neighborhoods! While Spaceship Earth remains the icon of Epcot, Dreamers' Point will serve as a new central icon, featuring a statue of Walt finally getting to see his new dream.

-- Figment is still a part of the park, I should say. They made sure to mention that Figment will continue to play a part in the new transformation of the park. If they are to do something with Figment's ride, I think they'll announce it when they announce what will come to the park for WDW's 50th anniversary, most likely at the next Destination D.

-- The aforementioned Moana: Journey of Water will focus on the importance of the natural water cycle.

-- The three upcoming films (Awesome Planet at The Land, Canada Far and Wide and Wondrous China) will open in January.

-- HarmonioUS is the name of the new Disney-inspired nighttime spectacular that will replace IllumiNations.

And I would like to end with, perhaps, the biggest news of all...

WE ARE FINALLY GETTING A MARY POPPINS ATTRACTION!

Bert himself, Dick Van , appeared on stage to make this announcement, and they showed a picture of him in the recording booth. The United Kingdom pavilion will be expanded to include Cherry Tree Lane, the starting point of a great adventure. No elaboration on what the experience will be like, but I bet it's going to be an incredible dark ride.

Last edited:

mickeyfan5534

D23 Park Updates Thus Far: (This will be updated over time with each new announcement)

-- The Marvel land at DCA will be called "Avengers Campus" and be interwoven with the Paris and Hong Kong Marvel lands with the narrative that the Avengers are recruiting new heroes the world over, and these lands serve as their campuses.

-- The Star Wars hotel being built near Hollywood Studios' Galaxy's Edge will be called "Star Wars: Galactic Cruiser."

-- At Epcot, Innoventions West will be removed to make way for the expanded plaza. As part of the new plaza, a walkthrough called "Moana: Journey of Water" will be opening. More on this development will be announced Sunday, but for now, this is what Disney has said: "This first-ever attraction based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios hit film, “Moana,” will let guests interact with magical, living water in a beautiful and inspiring setting."

-- The Odyssey will play host to "Walt Disney Imagineering presents the Epcot Experience", which will give guests a sneak peek at all the upcoming additions the park.

-- Disney has said that Epcot will be split into "four neighborhoods" -- Blog Mickey surmises that this will apply to Future World only -- but no further information has dropped about that yet.

-- The Future World pavilion logos are coming back.

-- Laughing Place on Twitter shared this photograph of an Epcot model, heavily implying that Coco will be added to the Mexico pavilion.

ECny9G7UcAA_TVI

-- Furthermore, Disney also released this nifty bit of concept art:

epcot-overhaul-concept-art-d23-2019-1.jpg

If this concept art is any indication, they are emulating the original Epcot concept art from around the time the park was to open:

EarlyE.jpg

EDIT: Attractions Magazine has uploaded this video, detailing concept art from Epcot's transformation.

What intrigues me about this video is how it gives us a more in-depth look at the new plaza replacing Innoventions. In addition to the new restaurant replacing Electric Umbrella and the new beer garden, we'll also be getting new fountains, unique lighting in the trees and a garden area inspired by Alice in Wonderland. And is it just me, or does the acrobatics group depicted at 3:11 make me feel like we'll see Kristos returning? (Also, seeing how Innoventions Plaza looked in that video, the new plaza will be so much of an improvement.)

As said above, I will update this post with all the information that will come on Sunday! See ya then!

I’m actually really excited for this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom