The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

FireMountain

Image result for gottem sign

TwilightZone

What even happened to it? I remember part of the last season (hosted by either @James G. or @MickeyMousketeer can't remember well) and then the comp straight up vanished! It needs a revival this summer

Also, right after this post, this thread will reach 100 pages! I wonder what the first post of the 100th page will be?
I was wondering that too. I went back to it for march madness. It used to be semi regular.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Upon further research, the last episode of the last season was hosted by @MickeyMousketeer, it was abandoned in the 2nd/3rd round, sure was a shame, I wish someone were to bring the game back...

Y'know what, you heard it here first, One Sentence Competition, Season 5, June. I'm hosting it.
There was also some burn out happening with a lot of games going on in a row and a lot of the old regulars getting busier. So, activity for the one sentence began to drop. Then, when the original host for episode 4 had to drop out, that kinda hurt what momentum it still had.

I feel like a revival could use some changes. Maybe shorter episodes? Or less focus on gimmicks? Or more gimmicks? I don't know lol

FireMountain

There was also some burn out happening with a lot of games going on in a row and a lot of the old regulars getting busier. So, activity for the one sentence began to drop. Then, when the original host for episode 4 had to drop out, that kinda hurt what momentum it still had.

I feel like a revival could use some changes. Maybe shorter episodes? Or less focus on gimmicks? Or more gimmicks? I don't know lol
Hmm, by that point in June SA will be over, but GMR would be going at that time, but 3-5 sentences a week shouldn't be that tolling for the imagineers.

I'm with you on less gimmicks, the only change should be the theme of the episode (The ones I was in was stuff like travelling to all the Disney Parks and swapping between Disney and Universal) The last episode had a big gimmick on gameplay (2 challenges at once)that wasn't executed well and that's where I think the last episode crashed and burned.

Thankfully I already have an idea for a theme ready for the OSC, as well as another idea for another comp I would like to do when GMR is all wrapped up, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

Outbound

I'd also like fewer gimmicks, something simple to make within 5 minutes. Just as I finished Pi's comp I applied for this, and now despite having a lot of fun right now don't see myself continuing with these longer competitions until say, next fall. They are such an enjoyable yet mentally draining commitment. Would like to make one of those freelance "Disneyland ___" threads.

FireMountain

I would like to do an individual project one day, every previous attempt I made went nowhere! I tried to do a Nintendo Cinematic Universe, I got 1 scene in and gave up. I tried an open brainstorming thread for a Nickelodeon theme park, that went nowhere. I tried a Dream Universal Park that I brainstormed up for months prior, that went nowhere, I once tried a Discussion thread, the only post in it was mine! I would like to revisit those ideas and finish them one day, but that's a long time away.

TwilightZone

Also my advice to switch up one sentence is to include more parks or other things. I think it became TOO disney. I liked how the last one was disney vs. universal. Maybe do something like that, but better that isn't so cramped and doesn't have participants doing two things at a time.

James G.

Talking about One Sentence...I was talked into competing by @D Hindley then asked to take it over by @MickeyMousketeer even though I had only competed in two rounds. I really had no idea what I was doing, but I admit that I took it on willingly to try and help out in a bad situation. I admit that it didn't go well, but I did the best I could do. I'm glad to see that someone is taking this on that has experience and enthusiasm for it, and wish them well. I won't be competing- SA is kicking my butt time-wise, and I need some "me" time, but I wish all participating in One Sentence the best!

FireMountain

Okay, that's weird, cause about two months ago @MickeyMouseketeer approached me and asked if I wanted to host, which I agreed too...
Oh, didn't know that. Sorry. I thought the host decided the next host at the end of the episode.
Would anyone be interested if I started it back up in a few weeks? Figure since SA is wrapping up and finals are soon which mean less time for big projects, now might be the time
Also didn't catch that. I don't want to discourage anyone from starting back up the OSC early, so if either of you want to start it up again, go ahead, don't wait until June. Either way, excited to (probably) see the game return!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom