The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 1

englanddg

One Little Spark...
P.S. Sorry about being past deadline. Due to me being overseas the radical time zone difference made it quite difficult. Hope you understand.

Loved the post Team Magic! VERY interesting (I'd love to see it hashed out in more than 24 hours)

I hope jdm keeps your submission.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Thanks, so do we :D

Your guys idea was great too.
I have a few friends I keep in touch with in Aussie...that time zone difference is brutal! I had a friend from there join me in DLC a few months ago, and I swear she was sleep lagged the entire trip...

Any way it goes, I think both teams need some time to recenter themselves. The last few challenges have been, well, difficult challenges! (in terms of scope)

I don't know about your team...and of course I wouldn't dictate to jdm how he should run this, but in my opinion, but I think we both (teams) ran out all steam ahead and turned out some amazing stuff, and now are a bit tired.

I'd suggest a less comprehensive challenge be next (not as simple as this one of course), something we can both easily meet to get all our members active again, instead of feeling overwhelmed.

The moving due date for the last challenge is also an issue for all of us, I think.

Perhaps (and again, this is just a suggestion) we could all agree on a due date in advance, with jdm offering us a few choices? That way we could all balance our personal plans / concerns and have a say so after knowing the challenge?

Maybe...jdm challenges, then we get 24 hours to respond as a team with a due date, then he responds?

I dunno...I just love what I've seen so far, and would like to keep this going. Considering this got last minute responses (after a gratis extension) from both teams, I'm not sure the interest is as peaked as it used to be.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
FANTASY - Your team got to a quick start with a great concept. Disney's Atlas would definitely be on my agenda to visit if built. The Colossus of Rhodes would especially be an impressive structure. The park would have a multitude of areas you could create, like the Grand Canyon, Christ the Redeemer, the Pyramids at Giza, etc. which would be fantastic. However, that seems like the usual history fifth gate tossed around. I have seen it time and time again, albeit in different covers, but the material is usually mirrored. I was hoping for an idea that was a bit more unique, but overall great job, with an enjoyable concept, that unfortunately has been overdone (IMO). :)
MAGIC - This was an extremely new and unique idea, which I loved. It offers a whole new world for digital guest experiences (much better than NextGen). The different Tycoon games (Roller Coaster, Zoo, etc.) was always a business I thought Disney should enter, and with this "fifth gate" they might finally compete. At first though, I was suspicious of utilizing multiple, digital "fifth gates", but I realized that it would be a unique product of Walt Disney World with the Virtual Theme Park Building acting as a homebase for all fifth gates. I just love the idea so much... it is a true, authentic way for tourists to literally personalize their trip to Disney. Amazing job this time around! :happy:

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
The Fifth Amendment -
Now and for the rest of the competition, all deadlines will be set by the contestants under my guidance (unless otherwise noted). Every week (or so), after I post the challenge, I will provide everyone with multiple options for a time and two options for a day. Everyone will discuss what works for them until we agree on a compromise, after which I will finalize that date. This rule is meant to improve interest and convenience in the contest.
The Sixth Amendment -
This is a small amendment that may be retracted if the majority wishes to. Every player in this game of ours will be required to post at least once in their discussion thread each day. A lack of a post will result in the loss of a Vacation Day for that contestant. If you are unable to post at all one day, just contact me through PM the day before, or, if it is an emergency, afterwards (I trust you all).
EDIT: The Sixth Amendment has been abolished.

Last edited:

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Challenge 4: Saving World Expo!
This week, contestants must converse to create a single new ride for the Universal Studios Florida park. The World Expo area in the park opened as a fantastic homage to classic world's fairs (esp. 1964-65) with an international/interstellar quest to defeat aliens at a fair training seminar and a journey back in time when a future technologies demonstration goes awry. Soon a show opened displaying brave feats. Eventually, time travel was replaced with a great Simpsons ride and an overarching theme was absolutely lost when the International Food place was recently demolished (creating a new land/Springfield). Your task this week is to create a new attraction for the World Expo, replacing Fear Factor Live! and creating a realistic, World's Fair environment. Let this video inspire you...

This weeks Project Managers are;
Magic
@Matt7187
Fantasy
@englanddg

world_expo_logo_3.jpg

Once again this week, @LittleGiants16 will be acting as an adviser, like Trump's children and associates on the show.

You may use three images in your proposal, if needed. You guys may communicate amongst your teams in a PM I will create and watch over with LittleGiants. Ask me any questions there. Due date is Saturday, September 7, at 9 PM. After you post your ideas please do not get into personal conflicts with the other team about concepts, or actions of punishment will take place. Good Luck! :)

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom