The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 1

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Welcome to The Sorcerer's Apprentice! This is a brand new competition based on Donald Trump's popular Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice TV series. There will be two teams. A challenge will be presented every Sunday night unless otherwise noted. Teams have to work together to complete challenges under the leadership of a project manager, an actual position at WDI. After proposals are submitted, I will judge them and declare one team the winner (if only one team submits, the team that doesn't loses unless otherwise noted). The losing team's project manager must nominate two team members to be put up for elimination (along with them). Competitors will then make their cases and I will decide who is fired/eliminated.
10 people will be accepted to compete. Sign-ups end Wednesday, 7/3/13, at 9 PM EST. Good luck!
EDIT: This competition has been a stressful one. I have been viewing over arguments and complaints. Now I present our new amendments to this contest.
The First Amendment -
From now on, contestants must only post their proposals in the main thread. After that, no comments can be made unless run by me through PM first. If someone posts something negative or without consulting me, that will result in immediate elimination of that contestant. All discussion between losing team members should remain in the Board Room after I begin that challenge's discussion.
The Second Amendment -
Today I would like to introduce a new rule that I believe contestants will benefit from. They are called "Vacation Days". Each contestant gets 7 Vacation Days. These can be used to extend the due date of a project. You can use them one at a time, two at a time, etc. This also increases competition and motivation, because whoever has more teammates, has more vacation days for the team to use. Also, if someone on your team has all of their Vacation Days, and then they get fired, there go 7 extended days your team could use.
The Third Amendment -
Vacation Days may no longer be taken out of hand. To prevent overly extended due dates, there will now be a limit to how many Days each team may utilize. For further challenges (unless otherwise noted), each team can use up to 5 Vacation Days. This rule must be followed to maintain a respectable competition.
The Fourth Amendment -
This new rule is an interesting one. From now on, if either teams' proposal is posted by someone other than the project manager that team will be penalized. Each contestant will have a Vacation Day taken out of their inventory.
The Fifth Amendment -
Now and for the rest of the competition, all deadlines will be set by the contestants under my guidance (unless otherwise noted). Every week (or so), after I post the challenge, I will provide everyone with multiple options for a time and two options for a day. Everyone will discuss what works for them until we agree on a compromise, after which I will finalize that date. This rule is meant to improve interest and convenience in the contest.
The Sixth Amendment -
Henceforth, each team must turn in something (any progress that has been made, complete or not) every week. Though it may go against people's competitive nature, we believe something is better than nothing (and an automatic loss).
The Seventh Amendment -
This is a short amendment detailing images in ones proposal. You are not required to use photos (unless otherwise noted) but if you choose to, you may only use up to 5 (once again, unless noted).

Sister Thread
The BOARD ROOM

Challenge Appendix
CHALLENGE 1: A Convincing Campaign
CHALLENGE 2: Finding A Future
CHALLENGE 3: Join the Circus
BONUS CHALLENGE: Fifth Gate in 24 Hours!
CHALLENGE 4: Saving World Expo!
CHALLENGE 5: Independence Day Part 2
CHALLENGE 6: Spring the Trap!
CHALLENGE 7: And Then There Was One

Theme Songs
OFFICIAL THEME SONG
OFFICIAL FINAL FOUR TRIBUTE (Error: Zweiland was in the Final Four, not MA Screamin')

Last edited:

Zman-ks

I'm in! :)
75.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom