The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition

Sam Magic

Episode 1 Immunity Challenge
The Earth Means the World to Me

Welcome to your first immunity challenge! Once again, immunity is back up for grabs! The losing tribe of this challenge will have to go to Imagineer's Council and vote out a member of their tribe.

View attachment 79414

For this challenge, we'll be traveling around the world at Epcot! Your job is to create a new attraction in Mexico, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, France or Canada in World Showcase. However, here's the catch. Your attraction must be centered around water. This means that water must be the main component of the attraction. In addition, you may use expansion plots near or next to the country you use. The rest is up to you!

Your concept must be turned in by Sunday, January 18 at 8:00 PM EST. Also, for this challenge, you must use a website, but you may use the forum as a segue between us and your concept.

Sklaronah, now for your advantage. You must choose which country, from the list above, that Baxtanu must use for their concept. Please respond ASAP.

1421455485.png
Since its early days as a mere settlement on the frontiers of the Roman Empire, the River Seine has played a critical role in French history. It has borne witness to revolutions, occupation, monarchy and democracy. Perhaps no river in the world is as central to the history of its city. Join us now, as we sail down the rivers of time on the River Seine, for a journey through the history, places, and culture that combine to create modern France. On behalf of Team Baxtanu, we proudly present Ce Est France: Croisiere la Seine.

Matt7187

For this challenge, we'll be traveling around the world at Epcot! Your job is to create a new attraction in Mexico, China, Germany, Italy, Japan, France or Canada in World Showcase. However, here's the catch. Your attraction must be centered around water. This means that water must be the main component of the attraction. In addition, you may use expansion plots near or next to the country you use. The rest is up to you!

The World Showcase has proven to visitors throughout its years that it is more than just a portion of an amusement park, more than just different booths for a country...It is an authentic, well-themed, cultural representation of different nations from around the world. However, some may argue that recently, the World Showcase has lost its true meaning. Which is why we, the members of Sklaronah, present to you and invite you to read about a brand new ride that will entertain guests with a new experience, while also educate them about the wonderful nation that they are visiting. Presenting...
Yukon River Adventure

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 2 Immunity Challenge Critiques

Baxtanu-
@Zweiland, @Aaron O, @tcool, @LittleGiants16, @Sam4D23, @Vipraa, @JokersWild

You guys had the disadvantage this challenge, meaning that you had your county chosen for you. Let's see how you guys did:

- I like the logo, well done
- On the other hand, the name is pretty... meh. I like the subtitle, but a better title name would have been better
- I liked the segue paragraph and how you told a short story about the history of France through the Seine's eyes
- At the end of the paragraph, the name confused me for a second. It took me a minute to realize that it's the French title... Here's my opinion on this:
- French titles/names are nice to inject some culture into the attraction or concept. However, it comes off as a bit forced if not done correctly. I feel that the english name and the french name where not cohesive together, making the reader confused (especially those who don't speak french) about what the actual name of the attraction is.
- I LOVE the idea of cruising through history, while incorporating the Seine as the main element
- The garden is a nice touch, I like it
- However, I feel that the international gateway will have to much French influence on it, the IG is supposed to be a gateway to all nations. But with your space constraints, I can see why you did this.
- The map is nice as well, but I feel that at the bottom of the page, it's under appreciated.
- I also like the slide show on the Façade page. It's a very nice touch
- The Louvre facade seems a little bit too "grand" compared to the quaint buildings located in the rest of the pavilion, in my opinion
- The music was nice, but how does it fit into the facade page?
- I feel I could have understood the map of the attraction if I had known what scenes were in the attraction
- I'm not sure that 15 seconds is enough time to get 16 people into a boat
- Amazing capacity, it's definitely a people-eater
- The boats are nice, but a little more theming would have been nice
- You had a typo in your french:
You said this-
I. Je Aime Cette Ville
But the correct French is this-
I. J'aime Cette Ville
- Why have some scene names in French and other in English? That's not very consistent
- I'm not going to comment on each description, but they are definitely a highlight of the concept and VERY well done
- Nazi flags... While this bit of history is many decades behind us, I still feel that the world is sensitive to this and that (especially Jewish and German guests) would be offended.
- I don't think the transition between Perseverance and moderne works, there's too much of a gap in time
- The finale is nice, well done

Overall, Baxtanu created an outstanding attraction, despite their disadvantage. However, many little mistakes throughout the proposal could be enough for Sklaronah to win immunity.

Sklaronah
@Matt7187, @IDInstitute, @TheOriginalTiki, @jdmdisney99, @InfiniteRightEar97, @englanddg, @JoseLorenzo

Sklaronah had the advantage this challenge, lets see how they did:

- I liked the segue paragraph, but it really didn't immerse you in culture at all
- The Picture on the title page of the site is very pixelated, a picture of better quality could have made a big
- A feel a better name would have been more clear:
The Yukon is located in North-West North America, with about 3/4 of it not even in Canada, but the US.
- When it comes to Niagara Falls, the Yukon isn't relevant at all and vice versa
- I'm not sure 2 people in a vehicle will go over well in a thrilling attraction,
what about the odd numbered groups, would someone want to go alone on a new, thrilling attraction?
- I feel that you put too much emphasis on Niagara Falls and not enough on it's namesake, the Yukon.
- While education is important, I'm not sure how much you can educate people on daredevils
- Also, your theme seems awfully similar to the awkward original Grizzly River Run theme. Daredevils/Sports teams conquering giant rapids/rivers seems awfully similar to me.
- The last line of the "About" page was a little too cheesy for my taste
- The map was very confusing, to be honest and it took me a few moments to gather my bearings
- I really liked your first scene, I love how it focuses on natural beauty
- How does the big city of Toronto fit into this attraction about the natural wonders of Canada and it's daredevils?
- There's really an identity crisis in your attraction, while the bits about the city are nice, is your attraction about Natural Beauty, Daredevils or Canada's Cities?
- I like how you incorporated a picture, but how would a picture turn out in a "...a misted area on the side."
- I feel the paragraph with the technology about how to keep the drop hidden would have had more of a presence if it was near the top of the scene description
- I don't see the Yukon anywhere in your ride through. Not only is your attraction names the "Yukon River Adventure", but you even described that the Yukon was a part of your attraction in the "About" page.
- I've been to Niagara Falls and Alaska (similar to Canada in terms of wilderness), and I feel that you could have had a more cultural or better themed ride if you had actually went through with the Yukon/British Columbia Wildlife route. Niagara Falls is heavily commercialized and believe it or not, there's actually a small city there:
057.jpg

Overall, Sklaronah did a great job, but they didn't take advantage of their advantage (no pun intended) and they spent to much time in the brainstorming process, making the final product rushed.​

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 1 Immunity Challenge Results

The Winning Tribe is Baxtanu

The Losing Tribe is Sklaronah

While Sklaronah had won the Reward Challenge, they didn't use their advantage to it's full potential and they had an inconsistent attraction with a misleading theme. On the other hand, Baxtanu created a historical attraction that immersed guests in the history and culture of France.

Now, in your voting booth PM, members of the Sklaronah Tribe must each vote out one member of their tribe. You must respond by 9:00 AM EST on January 20, 2015.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Project Veto Challenge 2

Welcome to your next Project Veto Challenge!

url.jpg

Your challenge is to create a new expansion in one of Universal Orlando's parks. That's it, no limits.

Your submission must be turned into your Project Veto by 5:15 PM EST on January 20, 2015. You may not use more then 5 sentences and 1 picture. Also, the hint used in the discussion thread is for the next immunity challenge, not this Project Veto challenge. If a castaway is awarded the Project Veto, they will be notified, otherwise, you will not hear back.

Last edited:

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 1 Imagineer's Council Results

@jdmdisney99, the tribe has spoken.
probst-snuffs-kelly-torch.jpg

Last edited:

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 2 Immunity Challenge
An All New Potter Swatter... Wait! What?

That's right boys and girls! No immunity challenge this episode, we're cutting right to the chase!
Once again, immunity is back up for grabs.

warnerbros__130128185144.jpg

This week, we're leaving Walt Disney World for a... unique opportunity. Ever since The Walt Disney Company bought out Lucas Film, fans have been pondering over what Disney's newest acquisition will be. While Warners Bros. has never been brought into the equation, I thought it would be fun to try to fit a Warner Bros. IP into a Disney Park. So your job is to do just that. Imagine that all theme park rights have been obtained. We don't need another Tintin on our hands. ;) Our hypothetical situation is that Disney goes through with this purchase. Your challenge is to create an expansion of any Disney Park, using a Warner Bros. IP outside of Walt Disney World. All of the parks in Anaheim, Tokyo, Paris, Hong Kong and even Shanghai are fair game. Your expansion must include at least one ride, one dining location and one merchandise location. The rest is up too you!

Your concepts must be turned in by Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 6:00 PM EST. Your submission must not include more then 15 photos. Also, be creative, a second castaway will be voted out! Finally, you must create your concept in a private PM that I will create and watch over.

Imagineers Ready? Go!

Last edited:

RMichael21

Original Poster
Due to the giant, looming blizzard that's coming my way, I may or may not lose power throughout the next few days. This means that I won't be able to charge my computer and that I have to save my battery. So, I won't be active the next few days.

Also, the due date has been changed. I decided it would be better if the due date was earlier in the day, so I have more time to do the critiques and have the next person eliminated before the end of the night.

The new due date is Tuesday, January 27, 2015 at 6:00 PM EST.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Project Veto Challenge 3
Laughing Lines and Quirky Queues

Welcome to your third Project Veto Challenge!

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/07/scuttle-scavenger-hunt.jpg

Today, you must create an interactive queue for your favorite ride or attraction at Walt Disney World. Your queue must include at least 3 interactive elements. That's it! The rest is up too you!

All submissions must be no longer then 5 sentences and contain no more then 1 image. All proposals must be turned into your Project Veto PM by Tuesday, January 27 at 5:00 PM EST. If your submission is not turned in by the due date and time, it will not be subject to evaluation and the chance to receive the Project Veto.

TheOriginalTiki

A little song to set the mood...

For the second immunity challenge, we were asked to come up with a property owned by Warner Brothers to bring to Disney Parks to compete with Universal's mega-hit "Wizarding World of Harry Potter" additions to their theme parks. It was a fun brainstorming process that involved everything from a "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" ride to a Lego Movie E-Ticket. At the end of the day, we wanted to create an attraction based on a franchise that had both staying power and a generation's worth of nostalgia attached to it. Along with that, we wanted to choose a franchise that would offer us nearly unlimited creative potential.

With that in mind, we decided to base our land off of the "Pokemon" franchise...something that is still a popular hit around the world and is even more popular with children of the 90s who grew up with the franchise and are now having kids of their own that they want to share it with. Pokemon is truly a cross-generational IP that contains all the excitement, adventure, and whimsy that would make an excellent addition to any Disney park. Our project is specifically going into Tokyo Disneyland, a park known for groundbreaking technology, concepts, and innovations.

Our Pokemon land is based around the well-known "Viridian City" location from the game and anime. This is the jumping off point of the Pokemon universe's Kanto region. It's a town that started out small and humble hidden within the woods of Viridian Forest, but soon grew due to the presence of the Pokemon league. It's a place where trainers, breeders, and everyone in between meets up in one big melting pot. It's worth noting that this land is NOT meant to be a brick-by-brick recreation of the city like Cars Land or "Wizarding World" are. Instead we picked Viridian City as a "hub" to the Pokemon universe and added our own creative liberties to make it a truly exciting, bustling experience with new surprises around every turn.

One last note...to make things simple and to appeal to the nostalgic 90s child in us all...we made a quick decision to only include the original 150 Pokemon from generation one with a few exceptions like MewTwo and Togapie here and there to keep things accurate to the anime. While younger fans can use their new generation Pokemon to do battle in interactive experiences, the core of this project is set within generation one of the Pokemon universe. With all that in mind...Hold on to your PokeBalls as we take you on a fun filled trip through...

http://63.135.165.8/pokemon/

And just for the lulz :p

Last edited:

tcool

Deep within the adventure that is DisneySea, a portal has opened to a world many have only dreamed of. It is a world of fantastic creatures and their trainers. Of heroes and villains. One of action, adventure, mystery, and suspense. Come with us now, as we step into the world of Ash Ketchum, Pikachu, and the rest of the Pokémon gang. Welcome to Port Pokémon!

2ecp1jq.png

16343996022_67982b0311_b.jpg

Pokémon Adventure : Mewtwo Strikes Back

Queue:
The queue starts outside in front of the Pokémon Gym. As guests enter the gym they can see scientific equipment floating in the air seamlessly, and outlined by a vivid purple. As guests go through the queue in the gym they reach a tunnel as guests take their step they are being teleported to someplace different. Once guests get out the tunnel they find themselves in New Island Laboratories also known as Mewtwo’s Island. This part of the queue has 4 screens throughout the remainder of the queue similar to that of the one seen in the cloning room from the movie. These screens will be playing Who’s That Pokémon? : A game that is on a loop for 2 hours with 120 different Pokémon. Each match lasts 30 seconds every 5 seconds a new clue is shown about the Pokémon with the silhouette of the Pokémon being there since the start of the round. Before entering the boarding room you will see an animatronic of Mewtwo himself.

Mewtwo: Foolish trainers! Coming to this island after enslaving Pokémon and forcing them to work for you!

(Ash and his Pikachu appear)

Ash: Mewtwo you can’t do this! Pokémon aren’t enslaved they are friends and companions!

Pikachu: Pika-Pika!

Mewtwo: What! Very well then let’s see how your ‘companion’ goes against my clones! Let’s see if you all will still call each other friends and companions!

(Doors open up to loading platform)

Ride Stats & Info -
  • Attraction Type: Motion Based 3D Dark Ride
  • Ride Vehicle: New Island Laboratory Transport (Similar to that of Spiderman at IOA)
  • Theme: Pokémon Universe
  • Number of Vehicles: 20
  • Amount of riders per vehicle: 12
  • Rows: 3
  • Riders per Row: 4
  • Duration: 4 minutes + 1 Minute for loading/unloading = 5 Minutes Total
  • Riders per Hour: 2,880
  • Riders per day: 25,920 - 40,320
  • Height Restriction: 40 in (102 cm)
Safety Spiel: Keep your arms, legs, and other bodily parts inside the transport unit at all times, or else. Also keep a watch on young trainers and you belongings we wouldn’t want them to go missing now would we? (Sinister Laughter from Mewtwo)

Room 1 Screens:
Ash and Pikachu jump onto your vehicle assuring you it will be okay. Ash then gets his Charizard out and flies away saying he well get help. Mewtwo flies to be you’re at, and lets out an evil laugh. With a wave of a hand he pushes you all quickly back, and sends you all floating into the air (feeling of flight and suspension in the air) into the next room which just so happens to be ‘outside on the roof’. While doing so Mewtwo screams go lizard of flight and fire. Go and claim your prize!

Room 2 Screens and Sets:
Mewtwo’s Clone Charizard appears (via screen) and lets out a mighty roar. Using Flare Blitz it flies past you making the vehicle quickly spin around to face it. The temperature of the room heightens as fire has gone on the roof (via pyrotechnics and sets) a large hole is there as Charizard (Animatronic) comes out. He lets out a loud roar and starts to breathe actual fire.
Charizard-charizard-16959330-480-359.jpg
He lets out his wings and lets out a tremendous gust of wind spinning you around again now facing the vast sea. Ash appears with some reinforcements of flying Pokémon.

Room 3 Screens:
Charizard uses flare blitz again and makes the vehicle fall to the dock. Ash says he’ll take care of Charizard and say he’ll be back stating he has a bad feeling about this. You hear Mewtwo say return Charizard, and come turtle king of the waters to claim your prize. You see a blue turtle head pop out all cute and innocent like, but then its arm comes out of the water and gets onto the dock revealing his canons. Soon he releases his Hydro Pump get guests wet and throwing them backwards only saved by a Gyarados ridden by Clair(Recruited by Ash) to stop Blastoise taking him down.
929.png
Mewtwo says come to me my Blastoise and come forth my last fighter oh great and plant one! Soon a vine comes around you and takes you back inside New Island Laboratories.

Room 4 Screens:
The smell of pine is transmitted through the room. Venosaur quickly reveals himself as it retracts its vines. It soon gets ready to release its Seed Bomb. Once it is released guests fly into the air once more onto the high balconies revealing they were in a huge stadium inside the lab.
venusaur099zy.jpg

Room 5 Screens:
An explosion occurs letting Ash and his recruits to come out and challenge Mewtwo. They are plenty of Pokémons as well as people (Notable people are Misty, Brock, and Tracy), Mewtwo snaps his finger as clones of the same Pokémon appear like magic and soon a huge battle occurs. Mew flies out of the explosion to you to take you away to safety, but Mewtwo attacks. Soon they fight with their psychic powers knocking the vehicle back to the ground.

Room 6 Screens and Sets:
Pokémon all around you are on the floor struggling to fight as a voice sounding much like a Nurse Joy says that continue like this. Vehicles slowly turn around to reveal Ash running into Mew and Mewtwo’s fight yelling Stop! The force of both attacks sends the vehicles into forward and spinning to reveal a set. Here lies Ash now stone and plenty of Pokémon crying clones and actuals alike for him as sad music plays overheard. He comes back to life from the tears of Pokémon. (The stone look was a projection onto an animatronic, the tears and a lot of the Pokémon from screens). Ash gets up with help of Mewtwo (Animatronic) as Mew hovers around(screen), and Pikachu looks up happy(animatronic).

Mewtwo : Why Ash? Why do you all cry my fellow clones?

Cloned Pokémon and Actuals all call back.

Mewtwo: So you’re saying clones and Pokémon are equals? I see now that the circumstances of ones birth are irrelevant. Its what you do with the gift of Life that determines who you are.

Mewtwo: Very well then you may go, and thank you Ash for helping me to understand.

Room 7:
Mewtwo pushes you all once again to the unloading docks.

Safety Spiel: Keep your arms, legs, and other bodily parts inside the transport unit until it comes to complete stop. Thank you for helping me see the true meaning of by being, and showing me all is equal.

Team Rocket Blast Off
313239_orig.png

Summary

A large spinning flat ride where guest in Pokemon pulling a trailer shaped ride vehicle and try to escape from another one of team rockets new robots built to capture Pokemon. It will be a family friendly adventure with mild thrill as Team Rocket’s Robot tries to grab your vehicle as its spinning around.

Queue
Guest enter a simple standby queue that wraps around the ride. The extended queue enters the forest surrounding the ride where guest may spot some Pokemon hiding all around. Guest then watch the ride experience as they are wait to ride. When guest reach the end of the line the are moved to a on deck holding area to prepare to board the ride for its next cycle.

Ride Experience
Guests then board one of 16 vehicles that are shaped like different Pokemon. Each ride vehicle holds up to 3 guests. For this ride there are 4 smaller turn tables that each hold 4 ride vehicles on a large turntable. When the ride starts all of the turntables begin to spin and the Team Rocket robot starts to move and try to grab the guests. While the ride is moving the trailer that the guest are riding in is whipped around for side to side similar to Mater’s Junkyard Jamboree at DCA’s Cars Land. The Ride lasts about 60 seconds. After the ride comes to a stop guests exit back into Port Pokemon.

Ride Stats.
Ride Length - 60 seconds
Reload time - 60 seconds
Cycle Time - 2 minutes
Cycle capacity - 48
Theoretical Hourly Capacity - 1440

Catch Them All Interactive Game

Summary
Similar to Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom and Treasures of the seven Seas this is a interactive card game guest can play while in the land and surrounding areas of the park. Guest are able to get their own virtual Pokemon to train and battle with. They can also try to capture other Pokemon eventually completing the PokeDex challenge by capturing every single species of Pokemon.

Starting an Adventure

When guest arrive at the lab station guests are able to choose 3 Starter Card which each represents a starter Pokemon from any of the generations. Along with this card they are given a Pokeball that acts as a access card and capturing device for the game and a manual that explains how the game works. Using this equipment they are able to go around the land and catch different Pokemon at stations and battle other trains at Battle stations.

Catching New Pokémon
To catch new Pokemon guests have to go to an adventure station that are scattered throughout the park and hold up their Pokeball. The game will then recognize the players unique ID and choose a Pokemon that they have not captured before to battle against. The game also tracks how often you play the game and chooses a Pokemon based on that so a new player will not get to battle a legendary without playing for a while.
Guests will then choose a Pokemon to send out against the wild Pokemon. Type advantages will be in effect so a Water type will have an advantage over a Fire type and so on. Guests will then have 3 chances to attack the wild Pokemon and bring up the capture cue. Once the capture cue is available guest just hold up their Pokeball and capture the Pokemon. If the capture cue does not come up within 3 turns the Pokemon will escape and the guest will have to try again. Once a guest has captured a Pokemon they are able to pick up its respective card at a lab station and use it to battle.

Evolving a Pokemon
One alternative to capturing every Pokemon is to evolve some of them. Once a pokemon has been used 5 times in battle (win or lose) it will evolve to the next form and unlock that card for the player. The new card must be picked up at a lab station. The player can still use the un-evolved for by playing that card.

Battle Stations
Guests can Battle other Trainers at battle stations. Each Trainer will choose 6 cards to play with ahead of time. They will then battle each other while trying to use type and power advantages to win the battle. Winning trainers are given a new rare Pokemon to add to their collection.

Customization and Accessories
Guests are able to purchase customized Pokeballs and accessories at the PokeMart to make their experience better and differentiate themselves from other trainers. These do not give them an advantage over others but just add individualization. Guests will also be able to purchase a PokeDex which will link up to there account so they can see what Pokemon they have caught and read a short biography on that Pokemon

Completing the PokeDex
Once a Guest completes the PokeDex by capturing every single Pokemon they will be declared a Pokemon Master and receive a rare MasterBall to use as their Interactive Pokeball.

208tr34.png

One of the most iconic buildings from the Pokemon games, movies, and TV shows is the Pokemon Center. Here, trainers can bring their hurt and tired Pokemon, and allow them to rest and heal. Here, we have reimagined the Pokemon Center as a restaurant.

The Pokemon Center looks very similar to how it does in other media. Tables are placed about the rather large building. In the back is a counter, where you can order specialty items discussed below in the presentation. Behind the counter is a strange contraption with Pokeballs in it. Fans of the game and show will recognize that this is used to revitalize and heal Pokemon.
1olw89.png

The Pokemart is your one stop shop for all your pokegear needs! Want a stuffed Pokemon for your son or daughter? We've got it! Looking to dress like any of the members of Team Rocket? We can handle that one too! Trying to change your name to Ash Ketchum? Well, we don't have the legal authority to accomplish that, but we'll be sure to call you Ash whenever you come visit!

Similar in size to MouseGear at EPCOT, the Pokemart will be the main merchandise store in the Pokeland expansion. A 25,000 sq. ft. retail store, the Pokemart will stock all types of Pokemon merchandise. Featuring everything from Pikachu hats to Charizard slippers, Pokemart will generate the majority of in-land revenue for the expansion.

Pokemon themed autograph books, Pikachu-ears, and other Pokemon related merchandise will be the highlight of this retail store. These items will not be available at other stores around the park, further incentivizing guests to visit the store and, likely, spend more money.

Specialty Items and Food Carts

Milktank Ranch (Cart) –
  • Moomoo Milk – A refreshing drink from a Milktank. Moomoo Milk is milk, but it has a sweet taste to it.
  • Flavored Moomoo Milk – Flavored Moomoo Milk is milk, but with a different flavor from the regular version. Flavors : Apple, Strawberry, and Banana.
Lavaridge Bakery (Cart) –
  • Lava Cookies – A sweet and savory cookie that comes in a pair. These cookies include a hot chocolaty gooey goodness filling with the outside of the cookie a nice crisp golden brown. With a gripping point made of Nori seaweed.
  • Poffin – This is a type of cookie that comes in many flavors. Said flavors are Bitter(Green Tea)(Green Coloring), Spicy(Red Pepper)(Red Coloring), Sweet(Strawberry)(Pink Coloring), and Sour (Green Apple)(Yellow Coloring). Each four types of cookies come in a decorated bag of 10, and there is also a mixed bag with at least 1 of every flavor.
Mr. Shuckle’s Berry Juice (Cart) :
  • Oran Berry Juice – A relatively simple juice that refreshes the soul and brings back some energy. This juice tastes much like a mixture of blueberry, raspberry, and black mulberry. (Blue in Color)
  • Sitrus Berry Juice – A sour yet sweet juice that really kicks you energy up. This juice tastes like Orange, Mandarin, and Papeda. (Orange in Color)
  • Pecha Berry Juice – A very sweet juice that has a similarity of taste of Peach, Bananas, and Strawberries. (Pink in Color)
  • Aspear Berry Juice - An extremely hot and spicy juice served at hot temperatures with a taste of several types of spicy hot peppers. (Red in Color)
  • Rawst Berry Juice - A juice served cold it brings ice along to keep it cold and has a similar to taste to a pear. (Indigo in Color)
Fairy Sweet Treats(Cart):
  • Candy Slowpoke Tails – A candy version of the delicacy known as Slowpoke Tail. Although this sweet treat is called a Slowpoke Tail it’s no way from a slowpoke. (This is pink rock candy topped with white rock candy covered in pink and white cotton candy on a stick. This will be stylized to look like the actual tail)
  • Pokeblock – A sweet and cube shaped candy that is bite sized, coming in a special container holding 20 of a kind. These candies come in various flavors. Said flavors are Red(Crisp Red Apple or Vivid Cinnamon), Blue(Lovely Blueberry), Pink(Sweet Bubble Gum or Ocean Octopus), Green(Relaxing Green Tea or Unripe Banana), Yellow(Sour Lemon or Tropical Pineapple), Grey (Sneezy Pepper), Brown(Tasteful Earth or Soy Sauce), and White(Rich Vanilla or Sea Salt).
  • Rare Candy Bar – A specialty from Maghoney Town. A nice Milk or Dark Chocolate Candy Bar with a spicy filling.
While wandering through the newest port lookout for Ash and his Pikachu(puppet) that wander looking for eager trainers to meet and give them some tips to learn from the best.
g8rsni6hyxkdiy42imzs.jpg

Be careful not to be jumped by Team Rocket however! Rumors have it they commonly appear near Team Rocket Blast Off. (Team Rocket is Jessie and James both face characters and Meowth being a costumed character)
Team-Rocket-team-rocket-19632374-695-519.jpg

Pokémon Stadium
This stadium will play host to many shows throughout the day.
  • The Kimono Girls : The Legend of Johto (Preforming a fun dance routine with music and Pokémon Puppets about a legend with Ho-Oh and a young trainer. Who in the end learns the meaning of happiness from Ho-Oh)
  • Pokémon Festival : Every season a fun filled festival takes place here in summer its about Moltres, in winter its about Articuno, in spring its Zapdos and in fall its Lugia.
  • Pokémon Playes : On select night an orchestra comes to play Pokémon tunes from the films, anime, and games.

Thank you for reading!

RMichael21

Original Poster
Immunity Challenge Twist
Double Trouble

That's right, castaways! It's double elimination time!

This means that the losing tribe must vote out 2 of it's members. Each tribe member will vote once and the two people on that tribe with the most votes will be eliminated. Whoever has more votes of the two will be placed 2nd in the rankings and whoever has the least votes of these two people will be placed 3rd in the rankings.

Nick Wilde

Project Veto Challenge 3
Laughing Lines and Quirky Queues

Welcome to your third Project Veto Challenge!

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2011/07/scuttle-scavenger-hunt.jpg

Today, you must create an interactive queue for your favorite ride or attraction at Walt Disney World. Your queue must include at least 3 interactive elements. That's it! The rest is up too you!

All submissions must be no longer then 5 sentences and contain no more then 1 image. All proposals must be turned into your Project Veto PM by Tuesday, January 27 at 5:00 PM EST. If your submission is not turned in by the due date and time, it will not be subject to evaluation and the chance to receive the Project Veto.
I did not get a PM from you. I'm fine with it, but I would've loved to have done this.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 2 Immunity Challenge Critiques

I'll start off by saying this, and it applies to both sides, so that's why it's not in either tribe's critiques. I have no interest for Pokémon. At all. Now, just because I don't like Pokémon and have no knowledge of it, doesn't mean that there will be no winner. So, these critiques are coming from a person with zero knowledge of Pokémon.

Baxtanu
@JokersWild, @Sam4D23, @Aaron O, @Zweiland, @Vipraa, @LittleGiants16, @tcool

You guys did Pokémon this week, and you guys did a great job!

- I'll just say that, presentation-wise, Sklaronah blew you guys out of the water
- I'm not sure DisneySea is the best spot for this land, I think TDL would be better
- I love the logo, well done!
- Your name was very memorable, I feel you worked with the whole "Sea" theme well
- However, I feel that the theme really doesn't have anything to do with the "Sea" or water and that you guys tried to force it into TDS.
- The map was nice, well done!
- Your E-Ticket, I feel, wasn't as "polished" as Sklaronah's, but the ride stats were a nice touch
- Also, the E-Ticket really seems kind of "all over the place"
- I like how you included a nice, family friendly flat ride!
- I LOVED the idea of Catch them All, similar to what the other team had, but much better executed, nice job!
- No comments on either the Pokémon Center or the Pokémart, not bad but not spectacular
- The Snack Carts were nice, I guess, but I feel that an actual eatery would have worked better
- I feel the proportions of Team Rocket would be off if 2/3's of them were face characters and Meowth was a fur character
- Pokémon Playes seems kind of... boring. I mean, what average theme park guest would sit down just to listen to Pokémon "tunes" played by an orchestra when there are rides that they could ride?
- The Kimono Girls sounds like a nice show
- I love the idea of Pokémon Festival as well, nice job!

Overall, Baxtanu did an outstanding job bringing the world of Pokémon to life! But, their inferior presentation and bad location may be just enough to send them to Imagineer's Council.

Sklaronah

@englanddg, @TheOriginalTiki, @InfiniteRightEar97, @IDInstitute, @JoseLorenzo, @Matt7187

Let's start off by saying that you guys also did a great job this week!

- I like the music, nice ambience
- The first few paragraphs were nice, but a little bit on the lengthy side, especially when you want all of the focus to be on the website.
- Your name is just... Ok. I mean, it's not very memorable, unlike Baxtanu's name.
- This is a great sentence, well done!
With that in mind, we decided to base our land off of the "Pokemon" franchise...something that is still a popular hit around the world and is even more popular with children of the 90s who grew up with the franchise and are now having kids of their own that they want to share it with. Pokemon is truly a cross-generational IP that contains all the excitement, adventure, and whimsy that would make an excellent addition to any Disney park. Our project is specifically going into Tokyo Disneyland, a park known for groundbreaking technology, concepts, and innovations.
- I like the logo, but I feel it would have worked better at the top of the post, above the music
- The video while "just for lulz" really didn't add anything to the proposal, so I wish you had left it out.
- The graphics of the website = PHENOMANAL, outstanding job! I'm looking at you @englanddg
- The map is nice, but it constantly zooming in makes it hard to get an extended closer look
- Also, the map was pretty bland
- The video was nice and Professor Palm was funny, but the video felt a tad bit forced
- I love the buttons that add in some interactivity, well done!
- The E-Ticket was nicely done, but I feel if someone had no knowledge of Pokémon (like me) they would have no idea what was going on at all
- I loved the training academy, a very nice show!
- The food offerings at Meowth's Automat sound pretty gross ;):p
- The Pokémon Stadium sounds like a great idea! However, I'm having a hard time visualizing it. A picture would have been nice.
- The shops sound nice, a great place to get Pokémon merchandise!
- The meet and greats also found great, well done!
- I like the idea of a fountain show, but it feels neglected at the bottom of the extras page and I don't know if it's a good idea to have it take place every five minutes, it's seems like it happens too often
- Now, the mini-game is a FANTASTIC idea, but once again, it feels kind of shoved in at the last minute

Overall, Sklaronah did a great job executing this land with a great presentation. However, with some (many) minor issues that were hidden in their proposal, it may not look to bright for this tribe.

RMichael21

Original Poster
Episode 2 Immunity Challenge Results

The winning tribe is Sklaronah.

The losing tribe is Baxtanu.

Overall, (despite their wonderful concept) Baxtanu's inferior presentation and lack of a "perfect" location is what caused them to lose this round.

Now, in your voting booth PM, members of the Baxtanu Tribe must each vote for who they would like to vote out. Since there is double elimination, the two castaways with the most points will be eliminated. You must respond by 8:00 PM EST on January 28, 2015.​

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom