The Sole Imagineer: An Imagineering Competition

TheOriginalTiki

A few parting words to everyone...

@jdmdisney99-You set the tone for the entire season with your early exit, and while I might have had a big hand in orchestrating it, it was only because you were such a big threat on the social spectrum that it happened. You were a great first boot and your attitude throughout the rest game served as an example for others (besides myself...) to follow.

@Aaron O-You were definitely the biggest question mark of the cast, and you never got to fulfill your potential. If you're still around I wish you the best going forward.

@Sam4D23-Out of all the players besides IDI, you were the one I got to know the most through our live shows, and I think you're an absolutely outstanding member of the community in a very polarizing way which I respect. You obviously have a "past" here on this board but you've proven that you have the ability to mature and learn from your mistakes. If you would have been on Sklaronah, I can almost guarantee it would have been us, IDI, and Infinite running the numbers.

@JoseLorenzo-By far my biggest regret in the game was going off on you the way I did, and I felt especially bad when you finally came back and were apologizing to me...when I should be the ONLY one apologizing in this situation. You showed a lot of untapped potential in the one round you were active, and I wish you the best of luck with your endeavors in real life.

@Matt7187-It was a lot of fun having you as a "threat" to my game and seeing you come out of your shell and become a late power player on the Sklaronah tribe. If we'd have won the dark ride project and not gone to tribal that round, it would have shifted the entire post-swap dynamic around drastically and you honestly would have had a good shot to take the whole thing.

@InfiniteRightEar97-You know how fond of you I am from our days playing SYWBTAI in season twelve. You were a great alternate "closest ally" to have along with IDI, and again I loved how you proved people who doubted you in the early rounds wrong in some of the late pre-merge projects. Wish we could have made it further together.

@englanddg-You truly deserve the title of the "Batman" of the boards. Throughout our time working on Sklaronah you displayed a HUGE arsenal of skills that made it absolutely ESSENTIAL to my game to get you out as soon as I could. Having said that I really loved getting to know you, and of course our time in the trenches during the Pokemon project was freaking legendary. Here's to many more collaborations to come :)

@LittleGiants16-Man, oh man. You blindsided me right out of the gate by signing up to begin with after telling me you wouldn't when you agreed to co-host the Tribal Council podcast :p We had some awesome off-air strategy sessions and had you been able to fully commit to the game, in all honesty to IDI you would have definitely been my ideal final two partner.

@Zweiland-The circumstances surrounding your boot were absolutely INSANE and will go down as by far the most memorable moment of the entire season. During the merge I think you got a bit too cocky in some of the group discussions, and of course the natural target on your head was almost as big as England's, but you took everything that came your way in stride and had a great attitude throughout the game.

@JokersWild-Were even...Nuff said ;) :p

@Vipraa-I'd like to truly apologize if you ever thought I was too rough on your game during some of the last live shows. The only reason I felt the need to do that was because in Ponderosa the jury was looking to swing in your favor and I of course was always going to be championing IDI when it came down to it (in spite of my initial...reaction ;) ) You were a key piece of the story of the season and I want you to know I respect you more than anyone in the cast for the projects you came up with. Even counting titans like England and Zwei, I think you were the true biggest creative threat of the game and had it not been for a last-minute twist you could have EASILY taken the whole thing. While I was cheering for IDI when he voted you out, I will admit that a final two between the two of you would have been absolutely EPIC.

@tcool-You're one of the most genuinely pleasent and laid-back people on the boards, hands down. And while my vote did ultimately go to IDI, you did a great job of proving that you were in fact a competent strategic and social player and not just a puppet on strings...STRINGS. If IDI couldn't win, I was definitely rooting for you.

@IDInstitute-Obviously you did a terrific job throughout the game, outsmarted me at just the right time, and proved to be a worthy "Richard Hatch" of The Sole Imagineer. I'm sure we'll have plenty of reality TV-based collaborations in the future, but for now I just wanted to say it was an awesome ride having a fellow Survivor fan as my game-long partner. While I think we can both easily agree that we'd have voted each other out when all is said and done, isn't that what Survivor's all about in the first place ;) For the record, if you'd have said you would have taken me to the final two over Tcool...I would NOT have voted for you. ;)

And lastly, a HUGE thanks to @RMichael21 for putting up with my ever-dramatic shenanigans the whole game. I hope I wasn't too much of a headache during some of my more "controversial" moments ;)

I'm sure I'll be back for season two, but rest assured I'll be changing up my strategy (and yes, I know I have a HUGE target on my back ;) )

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Wow!!!:D:D This is awesome, thank you to everyone who voted for me (you know what, everyone else too, you all rock:D;)) and great job to fellow finalist @tcool. It's been fun! Maybe I'll be back to this game....:cautious:
First official TAFI winner of the year!

Congrats!

cubagoodingoscar-gif_234235.gif

DinoInstitute

Guess I might as well share these:p:D;)

This was my first project veto about the musical show. I wanted to do something unique, and I also just watched this movie a few nights earlier, so I was happy:p:D
Disney Theatrical Productions Presents....

Disney-Pixar's Bugs Life: The Musical!

As proven with the exceptional "Finding Nemo: The Musical" show at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park, you don't necessarily need some musical princess cartoon or a classic film to base a great theatrical production. And now, the next big production soon to hit Broadway will be "Bug's Life: The Musical", based off of the Disney-Pixar film of the same name. The show will feature catchy musical pieces based off of great scenes, including:
  • ""This Is A Bug's Life" as the show's opener and closer, depicting the life of the Ants
  • "The Pecking Order" based off of the initial Grasshoppers invading scene
  • "I Can Save The Day" based of Flik's mission to recruit Warriors
  • "Invasion" based off of the final scene of Grasshoppers vs Ants
  • And many more!
The Lion King and Finding Nemo musicals both use artistic puppets and native symbols to present the show, and in "Bug's Life: The Musical", the story is told using similar ancient symbols in costuming and set to give a historical and deep meaning to the story. As you can see, Bug's Life: The Musical, not only features incredible music, but also exceptional execution in the story, so I hope you make this your next stop on Broadway!
2a6rz0j.png

This one I didn't like the execution of as much. I wanted to do something Spaceship-Earth-ey, but it came out a little weird to me. Also, my picture was a little simple (That morning I remembered I had Minecraft when digging through my computer and so I decided to play around with it:p)
Your challenge is to create a new expansion at Universal Orlando.
That's it,
no limits....

The World of Earth!

In recent years/expansions, Universal has been known to create grand an amazing projects, and this new expansion lets that legacy live on. The World of Earth is a much-needed attraction located in World Expo, Universal Studios, to help bring a cohesive theme to that land. It is similar to Epcot's Spaceship Earth, as this new ride is a soon-to-be-classic, audio-animatronic heavy dark ride, which this park needs badly, that goes through a magical Science/History museum that puts you inside different geographical locations throughout Earth and the galaxy/pivotal moments in human/Earth history, similar to how The Great Movie Ride does it with films (except with much grander show scenes and special effects). It's educational, mystifying, thrilling for the whole family, and when the ride ends, a post show allows guests to look around a museum with real historical artifacts and fun Science Center-esque demonstrations! In sum, The World of Earth attraction will act as a huge addition to a park that still needs some work and a land with so much promise but is losing its theme, and will entertain millions of guests with it's, as well as hopefully inspire new generations to explore and learn about the world we live in with no limits...
29mr9lk.png

And, here we are, the interactive queue one. I think this was in episode two, and this is the one that I won the veto with. I actually really liked were I was going with this concept, and wished I had more sentences:p:D
Laughing Lines and Quirky Queues!:
IDInstitute's Submission
One attraction in WDW that is probably in one of the most dire needs of an interactive queue is probably Kilimanjaro Safaris, due to its high wait times and high demand. However, it is not one of the common cheap game interactive queues, but a real stand out and a great way to pass the time. One feature is Binoculars towards the end of the queue, where guests can look through and see video of animals on the safari, while other additions are replaced video footage that still feels authentic while adding a bit of humor and ride-preparation. In an extended Safari Booking Room, guests can see a giant map showing the route, as well as animal art and more animal trivia. However, a brand new queue and perhaps the biggest part is offered for guests who choose to take it, is the adventurer's queue, with walking across barrels, unsteady bridges, and nets, has water springs like in the ride that can shock and delight guests, and rock work and waterfalls to walk by/across/climb, brnging the below picture to the queue itself. In the end, before boarding, one last addition is a live Cast Member, who greets guests and prepares them for their journey, tells them what to look out for, what to prepare against, and the legends of the Safari.
kilimanjaro_safaris1.jpg

I still ended up doing one more though. Right before I played the veto at final six, RM posted the final project veto. Luckily, the votes were read less than 24 hours afterwards (the due time), so I was able to do something to hopefully earn myself another veto to use at final five if necessary, but I didn't win it.
Project veto challenge 7
Mama's Mine Shaft Snacks

A long while ago in Fronteirland, many workers in the old town were mine workers in the Big Thunder Mountain mine shaft. Miner Tony Backston's mother always waited for him to return safely, and always wanted to assist them whenever she could in her motherly nature. She set up a quick lunch station above ground where miners can get up and get a nice, home cooked meal by Mama herself, including cold wraps, warm pininis, as well as fried and barbecue chicken. Nowadays, when guests visit The Magic Kingdom, in Fronteirland guests can discover this quick service selection to get healthy and delicious options freshly prepared by Mama. This location will greatly add to the intricate backstory and immersive environment that is set up, giving guests new experiences for them to enjoy on their magical trip.
View attachment 86861

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom