The Simpsons in Disney Parks

LaughingGravy

The point is that such exhortations are simply wrong - wrong in fact and wrong in standing. People, like you, said the same thing about Star Wars, and yet we have Galaxy's Edge with hour-long waits for a second-tier attraction. Star Wars has helped revitalize a theme park that had dropped to "fourth favorite out of four" for most every Disney guest. And the reality is that you don't have standing to say what does and does not "have place" in Disney - that's their exclusive purview. Not even Disney family members have standing to make such determinations. All you, and they, can do is express what you personally like or don't like - not what has a place there or not. That's determined by Disney, itself, and indirectly as a reflection of what guests overall want.

So not only are your comments wrong on two counts, you're committing fully to personally insulting the millions of other people who actually like what you find offensive. I wonder if you realize that that says far more about you than it does about them. It actually says nothing about them, in truth. All that comes out of your comment is a clear picture of how you conduct yourself.

And I see nothing wrong with you not liking these things. But they are Disney even if you don't like it. If you cannot abide that, you'll be happier finding another avocation on which to spend your attention.
That is why Disney used to be respected. Hour long waits for second tier attractions only prove the point that it isn't what it used to be, nor will it likely go back. It's sad, really. It used to be a nice place where one could actually bring a family and also teach them manners and respect for other people in a crowded environment.
There were standards. There is no decorum left.
It used to be the case that during parades, a tall guy would not stake out a spot right on the curb sitting down for more than an hour and then when the parade starts, hoist his 6 year-old kid standing on his shoulders blocking the view of everyone behind for no reason in addition to the rest of the brood of three people or more showing up 2 minutes before parade time.
People leaving filled diapers in all kinds of inappropriate places, eating in the rest rooms, and leaving masks and gloves in parking lots are the new normal.
Fart jokes, lowest common denominator bodily fluid and ren/stimpy gross out humor rule the day.
The people willing to shell out big bucks for that can have it. Usually they are the same folks who would also spend thousands for expensive wheels on a $500 car that barely runs.
The only reason DHS was rated fourth out of four was due to cutting back and closing things making it a half day park. Of course it's going to be rated low.

LaughingGravy

Advertisement
Personally I hope not, but i did recently see on Disney+ that they add the Simpson Movie so I don't know what that actually indicates.
I looked at Disney+. If they put the true and full catalog of all that is Disney which they own with all movies, including all the Mickey Mouse Club episodes and all the Wonderful World of Disney episodes, I would pay $20 per month or more. I'll pay for quality.

Disney Kween

I looked at Disney+. If they put the true and full catalog of all that is Disney which they own with all movies, including all the Mickey Mouse Club episodes and all the Wonderful World of Disney episodes, I would pay $20 per month or more. I'll pay for quality.
I have watched the few Mickey Mouse Club episodes and Wonderful World of Disney that they put up and wish they would put the rest up. I do however in the evening like going on Disney+ and looking up a Disney movie that I have not watched in quite sometime and click on it and relax and watch it.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
The Simpsons are an iconic franchise so if Disney an attraction, the characters I see nothing but positive things to come out of this. What I don't quite get though is Universal has a Simpsons Ride. How is that gonna work?

Abyssal_S

What I don't quite get though is Universal has a Simpsons Ride. How is that gonna work?
One of the reasons I don't see it happening. The Simpsons already have an entire section dedicated over at Universal. Can't see them doing it while it still exists at the competitors park. And I'm sure there's some sort of contract for that land until time is up? Like Universal has the rights for a certain amount of time? Can be wrong.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
One of the reasons I don't see it happening. The Simpsons already have an entire section dedicated over at Universal. Can't see them doing it while it still exists at the competitors park. And I'm sure there's some sort of contract for that land until time is up? Can be wrong.
That is why I am confused by the whole thing. If The Simpsons do somehow come over to Disney it would be a huge plus because The Simpsons have a huge following.

Abyssal_S

That is why I am confused by the whole thing. If The Simpsons do somehow come over to Disney it would be a huge plus because The Simpsons have a huge following.
Just looked at earlier replies from this post I completely forgot about. So even if Disney really wanted, they can't have them in neither Disneyland or WDW, due to Universal having the rights for The Simpsons in their parks till 2028 (in the United States). But yeah, I'm not sure if that includes merchandise, but, we can't see even a possibility until the contract is up. And even then, if The Simpsons aren't as relevant by then, not sure Disney would bother. They'll probably just keep them around Disney+ lol.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
Just looked at earlier replies from this post I completely forgot about. So even if Disney really wanted, they can't have them in neither Disneyland or WDW, due to Universal having the rights for The Simpsons in their parks till 2028 (in the United States). But yeah, I'm not sure if that includes merchandise, but, we can't see even a possibility until the contract is up. And even then, if The Simpsons aren't as relevant by then, not sure Disney would bother. They'll probably just keep them around Disney+ lol.
The Simpson just might be relevant. They have been around for ages.

brb1006

Yet at one point in time the voice actors did do something for Disney..
Nancy Cartwright (Bart) - Pistol Pete Goof Troop

Julie Kavner (Marge) - Timon's Mom

Dan Castellaneta (Homer) - Genie Aladdin ( reprises role in an Episode)

Harry Shearer - Donald Bowowser (Chicken Little).

The only 2 who haven't done Disney Characters as of yet..Yeardley Smith and Hank Azaria..
You forgot Fawn Deer from Bonkers/Raw Toonage (also voiced by Nancy Cartwright). ;)

Top Bottom