The Simpsons in Disney Parks

Animaniac93-98

Soooo being a Uni fan second only to WDW, I can say the Simpsons part of the park, and more importantly the Simpsons memorabilia part of the park, is still wildly popular. In March I had to stand in an embarrassingly long line to get my Simpsons mugs, shirts, shorts, shot glasses, pins, and giant pink donut. Moe's was completely booked no tables to be had.

Based on my basic understanding of capitalism, Uni will not give up Simpsons early if my observation and experience are true to the big picture.

The Simpsons ride is not that great, but Fast Food Blvd is obviously quite popular and I don't see UNI wanting to drop that so soon unless they can find another property with comparable potential for merch/food revenue.

UNCgolf

The Simpsons ride is not that great, but Fast Food Blvd is obviously quite popular and I don't see UNI wanting to drop that so soon unless they can find another property with comparable potential for merch/food revenue.

Popular for unknown reasons, because the food there is among the worst I've ever had in my life. The burgers are inedible. Like, I get that it's neat for Simpsons fans to see those locations in real life, but that doesn't mean they have to actually eat the atrocious food.

The donut is pretty good, though.

Animaniac93-98

Popular for unknown reasons, because the food there is among the worst I've ever had in my life. The burgers are inedible. Like, I get that it's neat for Simpsons fans to see those locations in real life, but that doesn't mean they have to actually eat the atrocious food.

The donut is pretty good, though.

The donut is the only thing I've tried. With so many other food options (and my AP discount on some hotel locations) it's never top of mind when I'm thinking about getting something to eat.

UNCgolf

The donut is the only thing I've tried. With so many other food options (and my AP discount on some hotel locations) it's never top of mind when I'm thinking about getting something to eat.

Don't subject yourself to it. We tried it once and both just threw away our food after a couple of bites; it was that bad.

I found food in the parks at Universal pretty bad almost across the board compared to Disney (and it's not like Disney food is high end), but the Simpsons food was by far the worst. CityWalk has some solid options, though.

UNCgolf

I could only see The Simpsons in HS. No other park.

That's the only place where it makes even a small amount of sense, but they'd have to build a whole new area like they did for Galaxy's Edge. It would clash heavily with the Los Angeles facades of the front part of the park.

I think there's maybe a 1% chance that happens.

JohnD

That's the only place where it makes even a small amount of sense, but they'd have to build a whole new area like they did for Galaxy's Edge. It would clash heavily with the Los Angeles facades of the front part of the park.

I think there's maybe a 1% chance that happens.
Oh, I agree. Not that it should but HS is the only park where it COULD be located.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
At this point the Simpsons is long past its prime and needs to be put out to pasture.
You coulda said the same thing 15 years ago and it would have been true.

The Simpsons always held an certain appeal. I don’t really see that at as the prime market in Orlando.

The land in studios is well themed…but it’s a sloppy theme based on an outdated, sloppy animation concept. Not charming.

wdwfan4ver

Well this may become a reality sooner than expected. Over at the universal forums it sounds like the Simpsons ride and lands might be closing earlier than 2028. The one in Florida is rumored to be replaced by Pokémon. And the one in California by classic monsters. I can easily see the Simpsons being a meet and greet at Hollywood studios and DCA.
I don't know about being gone before 2028 unless Universal Studios Hollywood is desperate. I don't know about Universal Hollywood Studios being that desperate since they will be getting a Fast & Furious coaster unless park management there really thinks they need to dump Simpsons early.

I went to Universal Studios Florida for the First time ever. When I was there is August, the Food court for Simpsons was very busy. There is too much money left on the table for Universal getting a rid of the Simpsons before the contract is up unless Universal Studios Hollywood wants it gone due to size.

AndyS2992

I’m guessing no one else watched the new Treehouse of Horror episode which aired last week. It shows a Simpsons theme park housed within a gold dome shaped like Homer’s head, looking suspiciously like a certain abandoned gold dome sat in Epcot which was to become the ‘Play Pavilion’ which just got cancelled. Universal is apparently about to close their ride… hmmmm…

7EB24904-B0A3-4B6B-B791-B3E952DB74ED.jpeg

The Simpsons are coming to Epcot! 😉

SW.jpg

Last edited:

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I’m guessing no one else watched the new Treehouse of Horror episode which aired last week. It shows a Simpsons theme park housed within a gold dome shaped like Homer’s head, looking suspiciously like a certain abandoned gold dome sat in Epcot which was to become the ‘Play Pavilion’ which just got cancelled. Universal is apparently about to close their ride… hmmmm…

View attachment 676728

View attachment 676742
With the play pavilion not happening I would have no problem with this being a reality 😂. It’s better than nothing.

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
I don’t see Simpson ever in a Disney park. Not because they’re “above it”…it’s just not catering to their parks demographics to the level they would want.

They need to level the ride…it was a wreck that tossed you when it was back to the future and it’s long outdated.
If marvel and Star Wars and avatar are now in Disney parks I can definitely see the Simpsons showing up. Disney is absolutely trying to make them become a major part of Disney. I could see them as meet and greets at Hollywood studios and California adventure.

Disstevefan1

View attachment 676728

View attachment 676742
There is something to “let’s just do this and put EPCOT out of its misery”

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom