The Simpsons in Disney Parks

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
One of the reasons I don't see it happening. The Simpsons already have an entire section dedicated over at Universal. Can't see them doing it while it still exists at the competitors park. And I'm sure there's some sort of contract for that land until time is up? Can be wrong.
That is why I am confused by the whole thing. If The Simpsons do somehow come over to Disney it would be a huge plus because The Simpsons have a huge following.

Moka

That is why I am confused by the whole thing. If The Simpsons do somehow come over to Disney it would be a huge plus because The Simpsons have a huge following.
Just looked at earlier replies from this post I completely forgot about. So even if Disney really wanted, they can't have them in neither Disneyland or WDW, due to Universal having the rights for The Simpsons in their parks till 2028 (in the United States). But yeah, I'm not sure if that includes merchandise, but, we can't see even a possibility until the contract is up. And even then, if The Simpsons aren't as relevant by then, not sure Disney would bother. They'll probably just keep them around Disney+ lol.

*Cinderelly*

In the Parks
No
Just looked at earlier replies from this post I completely forgot about. So even if Disney really wanted, they can't have them in neither Disneyland or WDW, due to Universal having the rights for The Simpsons in their parks till 2028 (in the United States). But yeah, I'm not sure if that includes merchandise, but, we can't see even a possibility until the contract is up. And even then, if The Simpsons aren't as relevant by then, not sure Disney would bother. They'll probably just keep them around Disney+ lol.
The Simpson just might be relevant. They have been around for ages.

brb1006

Yet at one point in time the voice actors did do something for Disney..
Nancy Cartwright (Bart) - Pistol Pete Goof Troop

Julie Kavner (Marge) - Timon's Mom
latest

Dan Castellaneta (Homer) - Genie Aladdin ( reprises role in an Episode)
hqdefault.jpg

Harry Shearer - Donald Bowowser (Chicken Little).
latest

The only 2 who haven't done Disney Characters as of yet..Yeardley Smith and Hank Azaria..
You forgot Fawn Deer from Bonkers/Raw Toonage (also voiced by Nancy Cartwright). ;)

The Grand Inquisitor

Original Poster
Well this may become a reality sooner than expected. Over at the universal forums it sounds like the Simpsons ride and lands might be closing earlier than 2028. The one in Florida is rumored to be replaced by Pokémon. And the one in California by classic monsters. I can easily see the Simpsons being a meet and greet at Hollywood studios and DCA.

Cmdr_Crimson

Well this may become a reality sooner than expected. Over at the universal forums it sounds like the Simpsons ride and lands might be closing earlier than 2028. The one in Florida is rumored to be replaced by Pokémon. And the one in California by classic monsters. I can easily see the Simpsons being a meet and greet at Hollywood studios and DCA.
Wonder if they will either keep the ride building or level it along with the animal actors stage and kidzville. This would at least still keep E.T. out of harms way as it could be it's own new mini land with a better "forest looking" queue..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I don’t see Simpson ever in a Disney park. Not because they’re “above it”…it’s just not catering to their parks demographics to the level they would want.
Wonder if they will either keep the ride building or level it along with the animal actors stage and kidzville. This would at least still keep E.T. out of harms way as it could be it's own new mini land with a better "forest looking" queue..
They need to level the ride…it was a wreck that tossed you when it was back to the future and it’s long outdated.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Whew, thank goodness the land devoted to newspaper comics no one under 50 remembers is safe!!

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I’d love to see universal say “we’re good, thanks” and end the deal earlier. I think they will if contractually allowed.

Look at how things are set up:
Epic is a gigantic park…and the timing is great to open ASAP.
If the current travel boom holds, they’ll pack it.
If a recession happens, they’ll be able to ramp it up on the backside. Near perfect scenarios.

Then when all the attention gravitates there…studios can be taken partially offline and built back up. Since they did some work in IOA to give it more stability over the last 5 years.

They are playing the game well.

And Disney has taken notice…because they have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING planned for the next 5 years. Rot and selling rot.

Because Bob is an idiot even more than the previous idiot named Bob.

jloucks

Soooo being a Uni fan second only to WDW, I can say the Simpsons part of the park, and more importantly the Simpsons memorabilia part of the park, is still wildly popular. In March I had to stand in an embarrassingly long line to get my Simpsons mugs, shirts, shorts, shot glasses, pins, and giant pink donut. Moe's was completely booked no tables to be had.

Based on my basic understanding of capitalism, Uni will not give up Simpsons early if my observation and experience are true to the big picture.

Slpy3270

Between this and the KidZone announcement (most of the rides closing are directly adjacent to TSR) this rumor just got a whole lot of credence.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I would be surprised to see them get rid of the Simpsons ride since it could easily be retheme to fit pretty much any IP.

UNCgolf

I don't think we will see the Simpsons at Disney.

They might do a meet and greet (although it really wouldn't fit at any existing location and I doubt even that happens), but to actually design and build some kind of Simpsons area would be a waste of money. The Simpsons are still relatively popular, but the show is on its last legs and its cultural cachet has essentially disappeared.

It could easily be off the air by the time Disney put together anything related to the Simpsons -- it would probably be a decade from now between getting the rights, allocating a budget, and actually building something. They have too many other IPs to use that are both better fits and more likely to be popular going forward, and other plans currently in progress.

Maybe a Simpsons merch location at Disney Springs.

Last edited:

Slpy3270

I don't think we will see the Simpsons at Disney.

They might do a meet and greet (although it really wouldn't fit at any existing location and I doubt even that happens), but to actually design some kind of Simpsons area and build it feels like a waste of money. The Simpsons are still relatively popular, but the show is on its last legs and its cultural cachet has essentially disappeared.

The show could easily be off the air by the time Disney actually designed and built something related to the Simpsons -- I doubt anything would happen for at least a decade between getting the rights, allocating a budget, and actually building. They have too many other IPs to use that are both better fits and more likely to be popular going forward.

Maybe a Simpsons merch location at Disney Springs.
At this point the Simpsons is long past its prime and needs to be put out to pasture.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom