The Simpsons in Disney Parks

wdwfan4ver

Nothing in the states. The Simpsons contract with Universal ends at the end of 2028.

I know Disney can use the Simpsons overseas, but I do not see that anytime soon outside of Meet and Greet Characters if Disney really wants that. Disney right now has a lot of construction for their overseas parks.

Moka

Like everyone else on here said, no. Not until their contract is up.

But even all the way when that contract is up, the question is will Disney let The Simpsons into their parks? Other than maybe merchandise, I wouldn't bet on it. Universal has their land based off of The Simpsons, and a lot of the things included in the land I couldn't possibly see let in at Disney. At the end of the day it all depends on what Disney is actually willing to stretch out in their "family friendly-ness"

Goofyernmost

I don't think that Disney ever bought them for park use. However, it has been a highly profitable franchise for years and years. I can see Disney happily accepting payment for use of that franchise for many happy years without feeling the need to make a ride out of it.

World_Showcase_Lover007

We don't agree very much, but I'm obligated to give credit where it is due, like right here.

Agree, disagree, agree to disagree...doesn’t matter which. The show is crass and vile, and has no place in Disney. The latest Disney + commercial has Bart pulling his pants down. Actions that appeal to the lowest common denominator is all it is.

I’ll go one step farther...the new Mickey Mouse cartoons that are animated like Ren & Stimpy are also gross. I don’t want to see random body hair protruding from them and constantly doing gross out effects like picking food off themselves, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:

bUU

Agree, disagree, agree to disagree...doesn’t matter which. The show is crass and vile, and has no place in Disney.
The point is that such exhortations are simply wrong - wrong in fact and wrong in standing. People, like you, said the same thing about Star Wars, and yet we have Galaxy's Edge with hour-long waits for a second-tier attraction. Star Wars has helped revitalize a theme park that had dropped to "fourth favorite out of four" for most every Disney guest. And the reality is that you don't have standing to say what does and does not "have place" in Disney - that's their exclusive purview. Not even Disney family members have standing to make such determinations. All you, and they, can do is express what you personally like or don't like - not what has a place there or not. That's determined by Disney, itself, and indirectly as a reflection of what guests overall want.

The latest Disney + commercial has Bart pulling his pants down. Actions that appeal to the lowest common denominator is all it is.
So not only are your comments wrong on two counts, you're committing fully to personally insulting the millions of other people who actually like what you find offensive. I wonder if you realize that that says far more about you than it does about them. It actually says nothing about them, in truth. All that comes out of your comment is a clear picture of how you conduct yourself.

I’ll go one step farther...the new Mickey Mouse cartoons that are animated like Ren & Stimpy are also gross. I don’t want to see random body hair protruding from them and constantly doing gross out effects like picking food off themselves, etc.
And I see nothing wrong with you not liking these things. But they are Disney even if you don't like it. If you cannot abide that, you'll be happier finding another avocation on which to spend your attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom