The Shanghai Disneyland spoiler rich attraction preview thread!

Mike S

>WDI removes talking skull and crossbones from Pirates ride because it purportedly wouldn't fit with the new, "more mature", movie-based overlay

>Version of the ride actually themed around the stupid movies brings back the talking skull again.

tumblr_lr480nQ5fL1qafrh6.gif
The Skull is still in Disneyland actually.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
What am I even looking at? Is it mixing the video with real ropes or is it all video? I can't tell because the well looks real. Is this at SDMT?

At first I thought the rope was real with video behind it.. I'm not even sure from this limited video :) I think it might be part of the castle? Not sure.. I've not studied the attraction list

FigmentForver96

Ok, I don't know how I missed this earlier video by shdisney... but this one makes you HOLY @#%!$%@$%

Check out that AA and it looks like the reveal for the dueling ships sequence.. zOMG
https://twitter.com/DiscoveryArcade/status/729215443735482368

After months of seeing what Shangahi was causing, I was becoming so bitter towards this park, but everything so far has been amazing. I cannot believe this is the same company building Toy Story Land in Orlando!

Magenta Panther

Once again, we dumb American rubes get screwed. Shanghai gets a better Pan ride, and the Pirates ride looks like a big step up too. Meanwhile we Yanks get a Disco Yeti and a Little Mermaid ride with plastic fish glued to the walls.

Why does Iger's Disney company have such contempt for its American customers? I realize that Iger's an old toot, but he really ought to know that Youtube/Instagram exists, and thus EVERYONE knows how badly the American Disney parks are shortchanged. I thought the reason Tokyo Disneyland was so amazing was because of the OLC. But that's not the reason this Shanghai park looks so amazing so far. I don't get it. Why can' WE have nice things?

Mike S

Once again, we dumb American rubes get screwed. Shanghai gets a better Pan ride, and the Pirates ride looks like a big step up too. Meanwhile we Yanks get a Disco Yeti and a Little Mermaid ride with plastic fish glued to the walls.

Why does Iger's Disney company have such contempt for its American customers? I realize that Iger's an old toot, but he really ought to know that Youtube/Instagram exists, and thus EVERYONE knows how badly the American Disney parks are shortchanged. I thought the reason Tokyo Disneyland was so amazing was because of the OLC. But that's not the reason this Shanghai park looks so amazing so far. I don't get it. Why can' WE have nice things?
Because Disney is so engrained in our culture that it's almost a right of passage. People will go anyway and they're taking full advantage of it. They don't have that luxury in China where they have to come in guns blazing to prove their worth. It's the same with Universal right now. They're proving themselves.

Magenta Panther

Because Disney is so engrained in our culture that it's almost a right of passage. People will go anyway and they're taking full advantage of it. They don't have that luxury in China where they have to come in guns blazing to prove their worth. It's the same with Universal right now. They're proving themselves.

Those are very good points. But they also prove how cynical and exploitative the Robert Iger Company really is. :(

Donaldfan1934

To be fair, the boat ride in Fantasyland uses the same fish from the little mermaid ride. There's a picture of it earlier in the thread. Anyway, the reason Iger doesn't invest in the U.S. parks as much is because they're already turning profit. And since that is all that matters to him, we only get E-Tickets in extreme cases like the DCA and DHS redos.

Magenta Panther

To be fair, the boat ride in Fantasyland uses the same fish from the little mermaid ride. There's a picture of it earlier in the thread. Anyway, the reason Iger doesn't invest in the U.S. parks as much is because they're already turning profit. And since that is all that matters to him, we only get E-Tickets in extreme cases like the DCA and DHS redos.

Which is why - as awful as this sounds - I still hope Shanghai bites him in the butt. :mad:

Mike S

Those are very good points. But they also prove how cynical and exploitative the Robert Iger Company really is. :(
Yup. At least Eisner gave us Everest even in his bad years.
Add in Star Wars just because of the insane money they'll make from it and his knee jerk reaction to get Avatar.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom