The Shanghai Disneyland spoiler rich attraction preview thread!

Peter Pano

So far I'm very impressed by almost everything I see from these first glimpses. In particular these parts are absolutely astonishing:

Pirates! (we've seen only half of the ride, but that was already mindblowing!)
Peter Pan! (puts the other versions easily to shame)
Tron! (you need to ride this to truly judge, but the sights and sounds are fantastic)
In general, the plethora of creative details all around, that's DisneySea level!

If everything works till opening, this park should be a clear winner!

Mike S

Another video showing the start of the POTC ride-along video

More including more show scenes - check out all those figures :)

Third minute.. Jack Sparrow talks to you and then it sounds like you hit the first drop down into a new area

Holy crap. I can't wait to see clearer video of this especially for the Jack Sparrow effect at the end of the 2nd vid. This ride looks like the best thing Disney's ever done.
So pretty much ours with some minor differences. Meh.
Thats amazing! Can't wait for the official opening so the O-Towners can go get high quality videos!
O-Towners? Nah, the best guy for videos is SoCalAttractions360. Extreme low light 4K videos. They're utter perfection. His Mystic Manor video is amazing.

Donaldfan1934

Additional scene on the seven dwarves coaster
tumblr_o6v63hUKSv1sa3t1go1_1280.jpg
Any videos of this?

Donaldfan1934

So to summarize, Florida's Magic Kingdom is embarrassing by comparison. ;)
For the attractions they both have, the winner is definitely SDL. For the attractions they don't, SDL's missing a quite a few classics to truly match up. To sum it all up, MK has the overall attraction line up, while SDL inherently has easily the best versions of shared attractions due both to its newness as well as TDO's reluctance to shut down MK attracttions long enough for most needed updates.

yeti

It's probably too early to tell...but any word on what they will have for fastpass over there? Paper/legacy fastpasses? Or probably what seems more likely, the digital fastpass that DL is getting? (app-based, one-ride-at-a-time reservations)

flynnibus

Premium Member
Original Poster
>WDI removes talking skull and crossbones from Pirates ride because it purportedly wouldn't fit with the new, "more mature", movie-based overlay

>Version of the ride actually themed around the stupid movies brings back the talking skull again.

tumblr_lr480nQ5fL1qafrh6.gif

Yeah, I was really suprised to see the talking skull again. I guess its probably just them giving up on the mist projection??

Bairstow

Yeah, I was really suprised to see the talking skull again. I guess its probably just them giving up on the mist projection??

I just figured they included it because it's a classic element of the ride.

Mist projection in general can be very reliable and effective- I think it's just the one particular unit they retrofitted into the Florida ride was defective and installed poorly and/or in a way that complicates maintenance and repairs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom