News The Seas pavilion new color scheme

tparris

View from the pathway by JoW
IMG_5604.jpeg

tparris

The new pavement honestly complements it way better than the salmon. Here’s hoping it continues to spread throughout World Nature.
There’s been a bit of pavement work going on near the old inventors circle out in front of the Land, however some of the brand new pavement is still that old style salmon color, while other parts closer to the walls (which have been pushed back very slightly) are the new style. I’m still at the park so I’ll try to get some photos here in a bit.

James Alucobond

There’s been a bit of pavement work going on near the old inventors circle out in front of the Land, however some of the brand new pavement is still that old style salmon color, while other parts closer to the walls (which have been pushed back very slightly) are the new style. I’m still at the park so I’ll try to get some photos here in a bit.
Yeah, I think I know the patch work you’re talking about. Pretty sure they continue to maintain the old as needed/scheduled until they decide to execute the new, though. So something getting repaired or refreshed doesn’t necessarily mean there’s not an overhaul on the horizon.

Interested to see how much of the new is revealed over there, though. They looked to still be installing pavers over the center of the old circle earlier this week.

tparris

Yeah, I think I know the patch work you’re talking about. Pretty sure they continue to maintain the old as needed/scheduled until they decide to execute the new, though. So something getting repaired or refreshed doesn’t necessarily mean there’s not an overhaul on the horizon.

Interested to see how much of the new is revealed over there, though. They looked to still be installing pavers over the center of the old circle earlier this week.
IMG_5614.jpeg

IMG_5615.jpeg
IMG_5617.jpeg
IMG_5620.jpeg

You can see the difference between the new salmon pavement and old in the second photo.

zipadee999

I'd bring the hydrolators back, with an option to bypass them, remove the underwhelming nemo ride, and I'd like to see a whole new e-ticket family friendly dark ride attached to the pavillion using the TDS 20k ride system, built in the expansion pad between the Land and Seas
That is the greatest idea I’ve ever heard. The 20k steampunk theme might feel a little out place in the seas, so maybe they could make it feel more scientific almost like the pre-Nemo Disneyland submarine voyage.

Also the new paint makes the pavilion really pop. Before it almost blended into the sky and the blue had a very mid-2000s feel to it

KDM31091

I feel like the Nemo ride is very underwhelming. It is essentially clips from the movie projected in front of you while you slowly move by. It is cool the first time, but could be much better. I don't have any great suggestions, but the pavilion and its main attraction do feel stale. The Coral Reef is also very underwhelming for the price, but that's another topic.

Earlie the Pearlie

I did see that the early concepts for the pavilion had a much grander dark ride experience planned, involving Poseidon or something.

Parklore’s got some detail on this; don’t know how accurate it is but I love their articles

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Parklore’s got some detail on this; don’t know how accurate it is but I love their articles
Also this...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom