News The Seas pavilion new color scheme

Horizonsfan

Updated images from today, first image is from the path between JoW and the new Moana M&G space:
IMG_4872.jpeg

IMG_4875.jpeg
IMG_4877.jpeg
IMG_4878.jpeg

Sir_Cliff

Much improved!

The building fits more organically into the surroundings and the mural pops a lot more. The beige (at least in the pictures) reads like sand or rocks to me, which also fits and more subtly than the choice of bright blue because, of course, sea = blue.

If it is just primer, well, it will be nice while it lasts!

Sir_Cliff

You can appreciate the architecture of the building more now. Really is a unique place
Indeed! Of all the pavilions, I think The Living Seas was the most effective architecturally.

I know this isn't the unpopular opinions thread, but I think I am generally less enamoured with how the architecture of the original Future World pavilions aged than most people on here. The Living Seas stands alongside (and in my mind above) Living with the Land as the pavilions whose architecture aged most gracefully, largely, I think, because they seem a lot lighter and better integrated into the environment than the other pavilions.

peter11435

Yes, in the 80's and early 90's, when beige was "in". Today we view beige as outdated.
It was beige until the late 2000’s. Judging by modern residential and commercial development I don’t think “we view beige as outdated” today. The building wasn’t painted blue because the beige was outdated but because of a misguided attempt to make it seem more playful and Nemo. Every surface inside and out was painted some shade of blue. The beige looks better than the blue ever did.

GrumpyFan

Can someone confirm that the Nemo themeing is staying?
There's a supposed "news" site that's posting stories that Nemo is being removed. I'm pretty sure they're doing it for clicks and views, because the story doesn't actually say Nemo is being permanently removed, but it's just infuriating because you can tell in comments on it that many people are being led to believe that it's true.
Really getting tired of all these bloggers who are profiting off of "news" at Disney by making a story out of nothing and essentially lying to the public.

James Alucobond

There's a supposed "news" site that's posting stories that Nemo is being removed. I'm pretty sure they're doing it for clicks and views, because the story doesn't actually say Nemo is being permanently removed, but it's just infuriating because you can tell in comments on it that many people are being led to believe that it's true.
Really getting tired of all these bloggers who are profiting off of "news" at Disney by making a story out of nothing and essentially lying to the public.
There is nothing indicating the Nemo theming is leaving. It seems to be a simple paint job at this point, and all attachments for the fish ornamentation and seagulls still seem to be in place, suggesting nothing other than refurbishment. Drawing any other conclusion right now would be unfounded speculation.

That said, the source in question regularly authors articles about construction with an obvious lack of understanding about how things are built and finished. For instance, all of their Communicore Hall articles lately have suggested that the black framework with tracking for paneling is actually a “finished” look.

trainplane3

If you watched the video of Tom talking about it, he was hopeful it's a heavy theme shift. The article may have said something else, but the video says otherwise.

Disstevefan1

I saw Tom C.'s video "The Seas Losing Nemo" and admittedly did click on it to see what it meant and Tom was totally clear that it was pure wishful thinking that they may be repainting the outside to a pre nemo look and nothing more, nothing about the inside.

No one actually knows what they are doing to the outside till its done.

My personal thinking is that all the Nemo references will return because IP.

GrumpyFan

Drawing any other conclusion right now would be unfounded speculation.

That said, the source in question regularly authors articles about construction with an obvious lack of understanding about how things are built and finished. For instance, all of their Communicore Hall articles lately have suggested that the black framework with tracking for paneling is actually a “finished” look.
I think the post I’m referencing is written by someone else, but it’s on that site and I don’t even care to look up their name.
Regardless to imply that Nemo is leaving is reckless, misleading and pandering. It annoys me that outlets such as these write such B-S and get paid to do so. It’s absolute reprehensible garbage and so are the people who do it!

GrumpyFan

I saw Tom C.'s video "The Seas Losing Nemo" and admittedly did click on it to see what it meant and Tom was totally clear that it was pure wishful thinking that they may be repainting the outside to a pre nemo look and nothing more, nothing about the inside.

No one actually knows what they are doing to the outside till its done.

My personal thinking is that all the Nemo references will return because IP.
Disney hasn’t renamed it nor have they made any mention of changing it. For anyone to imply it is as such is speculative and they should say as much, when publishing an article as “news”. Otherwise you’re just spreading lies for the purpose of clicks and views, aka SPAM.

Disstevefan1

Disney hasn’t renamed it nor have they made any mention of changing it. For anyone to imply it is as such is speculative and they should say as much, when publishing an article as “news”. Otherwise you’re just spreading lies for the purpose of clicks and views, aka SPAM.
There were no lies. Remember, you are free to ignore Tom's content if you think its lies.

GrumpyFan

There were no lies. Remember, you are free to ignore Tom's content if you think its lies.
First off, it wasn’t the video.
But second, why are you defending him or his site when he’s known to publish lies and misinformation all for clicks and views? His site is garbage.
Third, what’s the point of telling people they can just ignore it if they disagree or think it’s lies? I’m posting my opinion of him and his site and the lies they frequently spew, in a DISCUSSION forum. If you disagree with my comments you can just ignore them or maybe offer some proof otherwise to what I’m saying to add to the discussion.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom