Trip Report The "same old" crews-less than 48 hours-Disney adventure!!

Hello all & welcome!! I'm excited to be posting another TR so soon!! This was a super short, last minute trip with the main purpose for going being the AP preview of SWGE(even though none of us have ever seen the movies :hilarious:). Here is an excerpt from my last TR just to give you some background on how this trip came to be:

Jul 27, 2019
On Thursday while hard at work I checked my personal email:p(in all fairness some work things come to that email). I see that at 11:02 I got the email invite for the Star Wars Passholder Preview. It was 11:04 so I thought there might be a chance so I tried to register. Stitch ate the page more times than I could count & I kept "waiting in line" forever. Don't worry--I worked while all this was going on:D I wasn't really concerned if I got it or not b/c I haven't as much as seen a Star Wars movie a day in my life. I looked at it as getting it would be an excuse to have to go to Disney;) At one point I saw something on the screen that I hadn't seen before & I got a little excited. Finally, at 12:25 E, J & I were registered for the event!!

I called E and she told me she didn't think they were going to go. I figured I would go by myself for a super short trip so I started looking up flights & room rates. I was ok with going by myself but I wasn't totally thrilled. As the day went on I kept thinking about how disappointed I was that J wouldn't be there. The heck with my sister but I knew I would miss him!! That evening she was at my house & as I was sneaking J Skittles & jelly beans🤫 it took all it had in me to keep my mouth shut. I wanted so bad to plant a bug in his ear about being able to go to SWGE & hoped he would work on his mom. But, I kept quiet b/c I didn't want him to be disappointed about not being able to go.

On our walk yesterday morning I brought it up again. I mentioned what I was seeing for room rates & flight times. She didn't want to spend a lot of money b/c we were just there & we're going again for a week in November. She said that maybe her & I could go for just one night and she would leave J at home. I wasn't going to let that happen! I said that I thought his feelings would be hurt & he was too young to understand why we wouldn't take him. She said it would be easier since we would really be on the move with such a short time frame. We're also limited to what flights we can take with him. She doesn't like taking real early or late flights with him which I get but they are usually the cheaper ones so it would cost even more if he came. We started talking about how many flight points we have & we all had enough for free flights. I told her there is a flight that leaves at 1:00 Tuesday afternoon & one that comes back at 2:00 on Thursday. We would be there less than 48 hours but something is better than nothing. I told her that we could stay at one of the All Stars or AoA to save a few dollars since it would be a short trip & we wouldn't be at the resort that much(even though it about killed me to utter those words!)

Within an hour of getting home from our walk while getting ready for work & having a few phone conversations with her we had everything booked--airfare, hotel & FP's!! We're going to Disney--in 24 days!!😍 There's not even enough time to order Magic Bands--not like we don't have a few spare ones laying around!! We will only have time to go to 3 parks. HS & MK are a given. I told E to let J pick the 3rd & he chose Epcot.

I'm so excited that we're ALL going!!

501019265.jpeg

WHO: I doubt introductions are needed by now :hilarious:

WHEN: Tuesday, August 20th - Thursday, August 22nd

WHERE: That's kind of like answering the "who" part of this:hilarious: I know I mentioned above about staying somewhere a little cheaper but E still wanted to stay at POR(👏:happy:). And so much for saving any $$$--all they had available was Royal Guest Rooms!!

We had a 1:05 flight so I met E & J at their house at 10:30 and we were on our way!! This was the discussion on the way to the airport:
J: (notices I'm wearing my magic band)Aunt Patti, how did you get one? We didn't get them in the mail.
Me: Neither did I, it's one I had at home.
J: Mom, what about us? Did you bring them for us?
E: Yes, J.
J: Mom, did you bring my suitcase?
E: Yes, J.
J: I didn't see you put it in the car.
E: I did it this morning while you were sleeping.
J: Oh, ok. Mom, you forgot to pack Duffy didn't you?
E: (totally irritated at this point) He's in your suitcase J. Maybe you should do your own packing from now on!!

She proceeded to tell me as they were walking out the door he wanted to know where his iPod was so he could take pictures!! She said that she had actually forgot it so she was glad he asked for it before it was too late!!

We arrived at the airport at 10:55. While E went to park the car J & I headed through security.
IMG_2498.JPEG

IMG_2499.JPEG

As we were waiting for the stroller to come down the belt a TSA agent approached us & asked J if he would like this activity book. She said it was left there & she would throw it out if someone wouldn't take it. We thanked her & made our way to the "monorail".
IMG_2500.JPEG

Then directly to the store for his traditional car.
IMG_2501.JPEG

So many choices.....
IMG_2502.JPEG

He decided on a red jeep.
IMG_2503.JPEG

We walked by the macaroon stand & he said he wanted one. I told him I would buy it but he couldn't have it until after he ate his lunch. He said he wanted the brown & yellow one. It said that the flavor was Bailey's Irish Creme. Just wanting to be sure I asked the guy working there multiple times if there was any alcohol in it. He didn't speak very good English so we had a hard time communicating. Finally he understood what I was asking & assured me there wasn't.
IMG_2504.JPEG

Sillysidewalker

Thanks for the trip report. J’s so cute and the things he says reminds me of my little guy. We are going to DLR in 36 days so excited to see their galaxy’s edge however I am sure I will be confused. We are going to binge watch the movies over the next few weeks.

susan lees

THURSDAY, AUGUST 22ND

After I took my suitcase to the airline check in I met up with E & J in the arcade.
View attachment 406524

Too soon the dreaded moment was upon us.
View attachment 406525

We were the last stop & there weren't many seats left together. J was excited b/c he found the very last row has 3 seats in it & it was empty!!
View attachment 406526

I sent this picture to R. He had texted me & asked if we were on the Tragical yet.
View attachment 406527

View attachment 406528

We usually don't go further than the Earport store. With it being closed we walked down to the other Disney store. J kept asking if we were in a different airport!! I guess we really threw him for a loop!!
View attachment 406529

View attachment 406530

Upon going back to "the airport" that J is familiar with another curve ball came his way. "Where's Mickey?", he asked. I guess in the excitement of us going there the other day he never noticed that he wasn't there. I told him to pretend that the sign was Mickey & to go stand next to it & I would take his picture.
View attachment 406531

We purposely got on the wrong "monorail" to see if we found any better food options. Sadly, we did not. We did get our Starbucks though!! Another family got off also & went to the other "monorail" with us. The mom said, "Oh, you did the same thing we did. You got on the wrong one." I assured her that we purposely went there to explore other food options. She didn't seem convinced.
View attachment 406532
Don't worry--J's caramel macchiato is decaf!!
A few years ago we got on the wrong monorail in error and I really panicked we would somehow get stuck in wrong bit or not find our way back. Luckily I've got a very level headed husband and we got back fine. Didn't get a chance to check out dining options 😂😂. Great report as usual and hope we'll cross paths in November and you might meet Jack😁

lindawdw

Well you certainly packed a lot into this quick trip and I totally enjoyed reading about your adventures together with E and J!!! I hope you got the fastpasses that you were hoping for this morning and I can't wait to hear all about your November trip! :)

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
I've got to ask if you know what E told J to get him to back down. C is usually the most caring kid (when we were watching updates on the Hurricane, she asked in all seriousness if she could go to the Bahamas to help people get water out of their houses), but sometimes she strays and is then extremely stubborn. Wanting someone else to push her in the stroller or grocery cart happens a bit, usually just between my wife and I, and getting her to understand why that is rude can be pretty difficult.
I'm not sure what she said but she probably threatened to smack his A.S.S.--& I'm not referring to the car she bought him that day 🤣🤣
I'll have to ask her & if she remembers I will let you know!!
That is so sweet of C!! I don't think it's abnormal(this coming from the woman who doesn't have kids-like I'm some kind of expert:hilarious:) for kids to get stubborn or act out every now & then. In years past when E's husband was in Disney with us J would get upset when E pushed the stroller. He only wanted his dad to. I guess kids still go through the terrible 2's when they're 4?
Two years ago United moved our flight to Disney from 6:30 am, landing at 9 am, to 12:30 pm, landing at 3 pm and didn't tell us. We only noticed two days before when we went to check in. They claimed they called my number (the flight was under my wife's account and my number was only on the passenger list, not as the contact number so that didn't make sense), but they never did. We eventually got it worked out with them somewhat, but I'm still extremely wary of flying with them again.
I wouldn't want to fly with them either. Not only do you have to wonder if you can trust them but I don't know that I would want to give them my money. Then to not tell you the truth--that is very insulting. Nothing makes me angrier than that. R & I eat dinner out 5 nights a week on average(I can't cook to save my soul) so we repeat a lot of restaurants. One time(we usually eat at the bar)it was more than obvious that the bartender forgot to put in our order. Sure I was irritated but things happen. I got angry when she outright lied to me about why. I can't tolerate that. I told her to stop insulting my intelligence. The manager offered to give us our meals for free. I told him no. I came here expecting to pay for our meals & that's what I was going to do. I also told him that it was the last meals I would ever pay for there b/c I wasn't coming back as long as she worked there. I held true to my word--we stayed away from there for almost a year! So, I would be fuming if my flight was moved & I wasn't notified esp. having a kid with me. That was a huge difference in times & what if you had reservations somewhere?
"see" you in November
Can't wait!!;)
I enjoyed it as always ... looking forward to hearing about November’s trip 😀
Thanks so much!! I'm hoping J still wants to go. He's enjoying school so much that he may not want to miss it for a week!!
This may have been my favorite @riverside TR so far! :joyfull:
Why thank you!! That's very kind of you! Could me ripping SWGE apart have anything to do with it?:p
Loved it loved it loved it. Thank you for another fine TR!!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I appreciate you reading!!
Probably due to the grounding of the 737 MAX planes .

November here we come!
Good point!!

Yay--I do hope we end up meeting up. I have to check your PTR & refresh my memory & see if anything matches up!!
Definitely my favorite Riverside Report to date!!
Aww-thank you so much!! I appreciate your kind words!!
Happy FP day tomorrow! Can’t wait until the November report!
Thank you!! I was on at 7 & had it wrapped up by 7:21! Thank you very much!!
Excellent TR as always.

Perhaps we’ll cross paths in November. I have no idea where I’ll be 11/11 yet. 11/12 I have HS stuff booked.
Thanks so much!!

That would be great!! On the 11th we will be at MK. We don't have any plans for the 12th since we are leaving that day:(esp. now that Southwest bumped up our departure time.
That is absolutely hilarious!!!
Loved your trip report and can't wait to read the next!
It was pretty funny!! And he was so serious when he said it which made it even funnier.

Thank you very much!!
Loved following along! Thanks for sharing! :)
Thank you!! My pleasure--thanks for following!!
Thanks for the trip report. J’s so cute and the things he says reminds me of my little guy. We are going to DLR in 36 days so excited to see their galaxy’s edge however I am sure I will be confused. We are going to binge watch the movies over the next few weeks.
Thank you for reading!! Aww-thanks!! Kids that age are so much fun to be around! No one could be as confused as I was!! I hope you have a great time & would love to hear about it!!
A few years ago we got on the wrong monorail in error and I really panicked we would somehow get stuck in wrong bit or not find our way back. Luckily I've got a very level headed husband and we got back fine. Didn't get a chance to check out dining options 😂😂. Great report as usual and hope we'll cross paths in November and you might meet Jack😁
We did the same thing(I think it was last year) & we panicked when we realized what we did. We noticed the different dining options so we told ourselves we would come back another time. We didn't want to stick around b/c we weren't thinking straight & didn't know if we would have to go through security again. I think the best dining options are in the main part but since it's before the screening area I'm afraid to eat there for fear I won't get through security in time.

Thank you very much!! It would be great if our paths crossed!! Hopefully I will meet him this time--3rd times the charm, right?

BTW-I was flipping through channels the other day & the was a show on The Smithsonian channel about Glasgow so I watched it for a bit. It looks like a really pretty town!!

Delightful reporting! Will you be visiting the rusty dusty metal land in November? Lol
Thank you!! It's not in mine & E's plans but her husband will be with us & I'm sure he will want to check it out!! Of course, that doesn't mean that we have to go with him;)
Another great report! Thanks for the brilliant descriptions of SWL! Looking forward to your next adventure!
Thanks so much!!Haha--"Brilliant"--why thank you!! I'm looking forward to the TR myself!!
Well you certainly packed a lot into this quick trip and I totally enjoyed reading about your adventures together with E and J!!! I hope you got the fastpasses that you were hoping for this morning and I can't wait to hear all about your November trip! :)
Yes, we did!! Thank you so much!! The FP's went pretty good. Normally, when it's just the 3 of us we get FP's for what J likes. E & I really don't care what we ride/don't ride since we're there so much. Now, throw her husband into the mix &(who will ride anything) you try to get things that he will like esp. b/c he doesn't go that often. I think I got a good mix though!!🤞Who knows, with his dad there maybe J will be more willing to try some things that he won't usually go on! I'm looking forward to the trip & the TR!!

susan lees

Glasgow has some really lovely areas and some areas of real deprivation. I love Glasgow, born an bred there and have been a nurse in Glasgow all my working life and have met so many lovely people. I think the CMs in the world showcase all come from places with such rich histories and that's what makes it one of my favourite parks.
I also love learning about the US and at moment am watching a program with Billy Connolly doing a tour in US. I'm sure it will also be shown over in there too 😀🇺🇲🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Glasgow has some really lovely areas and some areas of real deprivation. I love Glasgow, born an bred there and have been a nurse in Glasgow all my working life and have met so many lovely people. I think the CMs in the world showcase all come from places with such rich histories and that's what makes it one of my favourite parks.
I also love learning about the US and at moment am watching a program with Billy Connolly doing a tour in US. I'm sure it will also be shown over in there too 😀🇺🇲🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿
From what I saw it looked very nice!! Same here--a lot of nice areas & some not so. WS is pretty cool!!
I'm sorry--I had to google who he is! I had never heard of him. His bio was pretty interesting--esp. his childhood. Unfortunately, it was not a good one. Very sad.
Loved every minute of it, and looking forward to another one in a couple of months.
Thank you very much!! I'm looking forward to doing it!! :)

Laura Loves Tigger

Loved your report! Thanks for sharing your quick trip. I always love to see your pictures of Riverside. We stayed in a Royal room in December and really loved it and the resort. Looking forward to your November trip! Glad your FP booking went well!

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
Sorry I’m late, but I enjoyed your TR! I know it was short, but hey, a short trip to WDW is better than no trip to WDW! And of course, J stole the show as usual. :hilarious: Dang that kid ate a lot. Like you said, he must be having a growth spurt. Looking forward to November!
Thanks so much!! He is a trip--that's for sure!! He's a good eater but that was really excessive--even for him!! Thank you!!
Loved your report! Thanks for sharing your quick trip. I always love to see your pictures of Riverside. We stayed in a Royal room in December and really loved it and the resort. Looking forward to your November trip! Glad your FP booking went well!
Thank you!! It is a beautiful resort-that's for sure!! And the Royal rooms are a lot of fun!! Thanks--56 days!!
Loved the report! I too am one that cannot stay awake through the movies, so your report was perfect for me. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you very much!! I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom