Trip Report The "same old" crews-less than 48 hours-Disney adventure!!

Hello all & welcome!! I'm excited to be posting another TR so soon!! This was a super short, last minute trip with the main purpose for going being the AP preview of SWGE(even though none of us have ever seen the movies :hilarious:). Here is an excerpt from my last TR just to give you some background on how this trip came to be:

Jul 27, 2019
On Thursday while hard at work I checked my personal email:p(in all fairness some work things come to that email). I see that at 11:02 I got the email invite for the Star Wars Passholder Preview. It was 11:04 so I thought there might be a chance so I tried to register. Stitch ate the page more times than I could count & I kept "waiting in line" forever. Don't worry--I worked while all this was going on:D I wasn't really concerned if I got it or not b/c I haven't as much as seen a Star Wars movie a day in my life. I looked at it as getting it would be an excuse to have to go to Disney;) At one point I saw something on the screen that I hadn't seen before & I got a little excited. Finally, at 12:25 E, J & I were registered for the event!!

I called E and she told me she didn't think they were going to go. I figured I would go by myself for a super short trip so I started looking up flights & room rates. I was ok with going by myself but I wasn't totally thrilled. As the day went on I kept thinking about how disappointed I was that J wouldn't be there. The heck with my sister but I knew I would miss him!! That evening she was at my house & as I was sneaking J Skittles & jelly beans🤫 it took all it had in me to keep my mouth shut. I wanted so bad to plant a bug in his ear about being able to go to SWGE & hoped he would work on his mom. But, I kept quiet b/c I didn't want him to be disappointed about not being able to go.

On our walk yesterday morning I brought it up again. I mentioned what I was seeing for room rates & flight times. She didn't want to spend a lot of money b/c we were just there & we're going again for a week in November. She said that maybe her & I could go for just one night and she would leave J at home. I wasn't going to let that happen! I said that I thought his feelings would be hurt & he was too young to understand why we wouldn't take him. She said it would be easier since we would really be on the move with such a short time frame. We're also limited to what flights we can take with him. She doesn't like taking real early or late flights with him which I get but they are usually the cheaper ones so it would cost even more if he came. We started talking about how many flight points we have & we all had enough for free flights. I told her there is a flight that leaves at 1:00 Tuesday afternoon & one that comes back at 2:00 on Thursday. We would be there less than 48 hours but something is better than nothing. I told her that we could stay at one of the All Stars or AoA to save a few dollars since it would be a short trip & we wouldn't be at the resort that much(even though it about killed me to utter those words!)

Within an hour of getting home from our walk while getting ready for work & having a few phone conversations with her we had everything booked--airfare, hotel & FP's!! We're going to Disney--in 24 days!!😍 There's not even enough time to order Magic Bands--not like we don't have a few spare ones laying around!! We will only have time to go to 3 parks. HS & MK are a given. I told E to let J pick the 3rd & he chose Epcot.

I'm so excited that we're ALL going!!

501019265.jpeg

WHO: I doubt introductions are needed by now :hilarious:

WHEN: Tuesday, August 20th - Thursday, August 22nd

WHERE: That's kind of like answering the "who" part of this:hilarious: I know I mentioned above about staying somewhere a little cheaper but E still wanted to stay at POR(👏:happy:). And so much for saving any $$$--all they had available was Royal Guest Rooms!!

We had a 1:05 flight so I met E & J at their house at 10:30 and we were on our way!! This was the discussion on the way to the airport:
J: (notices I'm wearing my magic band)Aunt Patti, how did you get one? We didn't get them in the mail.
Me: Neither did I, it's one I had at home.
J: Mom, what about us? Did you bring them for us?
E: Yes, J.
J: Mom, did you bring my suitcase?
E: Yes, J.
J: I didn't see you put it in the car.
E: I did it this morning while you were sleeping.
J: Oh, ok. Mom, you forgot to pack Duffy didn't you?
E: (totally irritated at this point) He's in your suitcase J. Maybe you should do your own packing from now on!!

She proceeded to tell me as they were walking out the door he wanted to know where his iPod was so he could take pictures!! She said that she had actually forgot it so she was glad he asked for it before it was too late!!

We arrived at the airport at 10:55. While E went to park the car J & I headed through security.
IMG_2498.JPEG

IMG_2499.JPEG

As we were waiting for the stroller to come down the belt a TSA agent approached us & asked J if he would like this activity book. She said it was left there & she would throw it out if someone wouldn't take it. We thanked her & made our way to the "monorail".
IMG_2500.JPEG

Then directly to the store for his traditional car.
IMG_2501.JPEG

So many choices.....
IMG_2502.JPEG

He decided on a red jeep.
IMG_2503.JPEG

We walked by the macaroon stand & he said he wanted one. I told him I would buy it but he couldn't have it until after he ate his lunch. He said he wanted the brown & yellow one. It said that the flavor was Bailey's Irish Creme. Just wanting to be sure I asked the guy working there multiple times if there was any alcohol in it. He didn't speak very good English so we had a hard time communicating. Finally he understood what I was asking & assured me there wasn't.
IMG_2504.JPEG

riverside

Premium Member
Original Poster
TUESDAY, AUGUST 20TH

We decided to give Penn Brewery a try for lunch. E told me that there was a guy sitting at the gate next to ours & she was pretty sure it was my bosses nephew. I looked over & sure enough it was. I told her I was going to go over to say hello but I would order my food first.
IMG_2507.JPEG

I went with the Greek Chopped Salad with gyro meat. E had the Brew House Burger & J got mac & cheese. J didn't like his mac & cheese. E tried it and told me it didn't really have any taste.
IMG_2506.JPEG

After ordering I went over to say hello. I know my bosses family quite well & I'm pretty close with them. After talking for a bit I suggested we take a selfie & I would send it to my boss. My bosses nephew always laughs & makes fun of me for going to Disney so often. My boss responded back with "Is (name) going to Disney also?"
IMG_2508.JPEG

My salad was excellent!!
IMG_2509.JPEG

During lunch J had a bit of a meltdown. He realized that the bumper on the jeep was cracked. He was upset so he didn't want to eat(that's when E tried it & said it was bland) but E told him he had to. I told him if he ate quickly we would have enough time to go back & switch the car out. He got more upset b/c he said they didn't have anymore red jeeps. He was correct but I told him he could get something else.

E went to get a tag on the stroller while I took J back to the store. You would have thought J was making a life or death decision--it took him forever to decide which car to get.
IMG_2510.JPEG

He settled for a BMW. When I explained to the lady working there what was wrong with the jeep she told me she needed a receipt to exchange it(they were both the same price). She even came out & said, "That's right. I never gave you one, did I?" I told her she didn't. This exchange ended up taking a bit longer than I thought it should have b/c of it.
IMG_2511.JPEG

My bosses nephews flight & ours was boarding at the same time. He came over & wished us a good trip while we were in line.

Some things never change..... :hilarious:
IMG_2512.JPEG

IMG_2513.JPEG

Good news--the flight took off early. Bad news--it ended up landing 45 minutes late. We finally landed at 3:45. There was lightning in the area so we had to hang out in the air for quite some time before we were given the ok to land.
IMG_2514.PNG

Not much good on tv for the flight. I watched NCIS. I wasn't very impressed.
IMG_2515.PNG

susan lees

Looking forward to report on SWGE. We won't have time to do HS in November but going back in February. I'm not a star wars fan but hubby practically knows the scripts to all the films lol.

Spash007

Yay! Now that I realized that J and my daughter C are the same age, I have to admit I find his stories even more amusing because I can completely see my daughter doing the same thing. Case in point - his decisions about the car reminds me of her making a decision this morning about which shoes to wear! 😄

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom