The return of a Disneyland in Brazil - in a new location (open brainstorming)

AceAstro

The thing is, I have ideas, and I feel like my ideas are not being appreciated very much. It seems to me that if everyone else likes it, then I should be required to like it, too? You criticize my ideas, yet I can't criticize yours?

Anyway, how about "Raimundo" for the first name? It is German, as well as Portuguese. Look it up here: http://www.babynameguide.com/categorygerman.asp?strAlpha=R&strCat=German&strGender=M. It sounds perfect!

And the ride itself is the same as other versions, save for the ending scene. Instead of Disneyland (as in the CA Adventure), Epcot (as in, well, Epcot) and Shanghai (as in Shanghai Disneyland), it will have a flyover of some locale in Brazil. Maybe it could be Rio during the Carnival or something.
I think the name and the finale are great ideas!!

spacemt354

Chili's
The thing is, I have ideas, and I feel like my ideas are not being appreciated very much. It seems to me that if everyone else likes it, then I should be required to like it, too? You criticize my ideas, yet I can't criticize yours?

Anyway, how about "Raimundo" for the first name? It is German, as well as Portuguese. Look it up here: http://www.babynameguide.com/categorygerman.asp?strAlpha=R&strCat=German&strGender=M. It sounds perfect!

And the ride itself is the same as other versions, save for the ending scene. Instead of Disneyland (as in the CA Adventure), Epcot (as in, well, Epcot) and Shanghai (as in Shanghai Disneyland), it will have a flyover of some locale in Brazil. Maybe it could be Rio during the Carnival or something.
You are delusional.

The only person who didnt appreciate your recent idea...was YOU.

And guess what. Your new name is also good too!...so tell me again who doesnt appreciate your ideas? Psh.

mharrington

Original Poster
You are delusional.

The only person who didnt appreciate your recent idea...was YOU.

And guess what. Your new name is also good too!...so tell me again who doesnt appreciate your ideas? Psh.

I didn't, and I wanted it changed. I didn't expect it to be taken in immediately.

spacemt354

Chili's
I didn't, and I wanted it changed. I didn't expect it to be taken in immediately.
I've tried to help you over the course of the last few years with several of your projects. I've tagged you to help with some of mine, but you rarely respond. Often those tags go ignored. No matter...I keep offering suggestions to your threads when you ask for them because I enjoy helping others brainstorm their imagineering projects.

I think you have a very unique way of viewing imagineering projects, focusing on rather minute details - but in a way that offers a fresh perspective for a forum that tends to deal with grand ideas. I go along with many of your threads despite it being tough to negotiate with you. I know you have autism, it affects the way you think, I've worked with many people who have autism, but it is not a crutch. Many great inventions have come from people with autism, such as Pokemon.

Might not agree with every direction you take, but I always try to offer a counter solution, not disrespect your inventions. To say you feel your ideas aren't appreciated is complete nonsense.

mharrington

Original Poster
Might not agree with every direction you take, but I always try to offer a counter solution, not disrespect your inventions. To say you feel your ideas aren't appreciated is complete nonsense.

Well, there have been many threads I've done where I've done back-to-back posts just by myself, with no responses, usually resulting in the threads being abandoned eventually. Here is but one example: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/another-generation-magic-kingdom-my-way.907702/.

If my ideas are appreciated, how come few people ever respond to my threads like the one in the aforementioned link?

spacemt354

Chili's
Well, there have been many threads I've done where I've done back-to-back posts just by myself, with no responses, usually resulting in the threads being abandoned eventually. Here is but one example: https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/another-generation-magic-kingdom-my-way.907702/.

If my ideas are appreciated, how come few people ever respond to my threads like the one in the aforementioned link?
Because I don't have a radar that alerts me to all of your threads.

And I did respond to this. Last summer. Ironically...responding to say I didn't get an alert!!

Here was my reply.
Sorry from some reason I didn't get an alert for the tag...or I missed it.

Either way here are my thoughts.

I love the design of the land so far. It's a unique spin and something I think will work quite well. I love how it's also actually feeling like a town (with the gas station in particular) instead of just a bunch of assorted meet&greet and walk through locations.

The Flying Aces ride above is also a good fit. Though perhaps with planes as the theme...Donald's boat or house wouldn't be the right representation. Perhaps an open field or something that fits with planes.

For the color scheme...perhaps the outside be Mickey and the interior be Minnie. That was you don't have clashing colors...however both get representation.

Overall, great work so far!

So I was supportive of your concept, and apologetic for not responding sooner. Read it^^

The thread you just linked has over 150 replies and several suggestions from other prominent members on the forum like Figment, Twilight, etc.

I don't get alerts to threads if I haven't recently replied to them...or if you don't tag the person into the thread you want to reply.

It is not my fault for not replying if I don't see it. Glancing at the last few posts, you didn't tag anyone for feedback or suggestions... so I missed it, since I rarely look at the forum page and usually only go to threads I receive alerts for.

mharrington

Original Poster
Prof. Raimundo Blauerhimmel fills in the role of Patrick Warburton and the shapeshifting shaman in Shanghai as the provider of the safety spiel. His words are in Portuguese obviously, but with English subtitles. The queue might be something like an exhibit on Blauerhimmel's flight, and how he brought it to the attention and intrigue of the likes of Mystic and Hightower.

Also, on the screens before the spiel begins, it is done as an old-time map, a la Indiana Jones, with the locales to be visited displayed in Portuguese whenever possible. Actually, many of the locales' names are the same in Portuguese AND English, so they won't be translated, but here's what will be:
  • Greenland = Gronelândia
  • Sydney Harbour = Baía de Sydney
  • Iguazu Falls = Cataratas do Iguaçu
  • Neuschwanstein Castle = Castelo de Neuschwanstein
  • Egyptian Pyramids = Pirâmides egípcias
  • Great Wall of China = Grande Muralha da China

mharrington

Original Poster
Meanwhile, Small World will have their order all shuffled around (an idea I've had dating back to a long project on a Disney park in Germany). It will then have the world tour in an entirely different order, different even than Paris or Hong Kong, which shuffled things around as it was. In all versions, the ride opened in Scandinavia and Europe, but here, Scandinavia and Europe will come LAST in the ride (before the all-white finale, that is)! The sequence of events would go something like this:

• Africa
  • Middle East (similar to Hong Kong, transition into Asia)
  • Asia
  • Oceania/The Islands
  • Rainforest
  • The Americas (South, then North)
  • Scandinavia
  • Europe
  • All-white finale

The Middle East section will be similar to Hong Kong, bridging Africa and Asia. The Rainforest will be used as a bridge between Oceania and the Americas, rather like how it was depicted in the original World's Fair version. It will also feature at least one new language, Portuguese, which I don't think was ever included in the ride before.

I'm having some difficulty, though, with the exterior. I don't want it to be that simple boxy exterior used in the World's Fair, which is what this ride would probably lend itself to in a place called the International Expo Gardens. On the other hand, the fancy palace design at other parks might be a bit too large for this area, which is the hub of the park.

I could probably base the exterior off this structure (but more fanciful), but what are your thoughts? Here's the video for the ride (just go until about 0:45):

Don't worry, though, the ride in the park will NOT be the ride in the video! I was just using the exterior of the building as a reference.

Suchomimus

The sequence of events would go something like this:

• Africa
  • Middle East (similar to Hong Kong, transition into Asia)
  • Asia
  • Oceania/The Islands
  • Rainforest
  • The Americas (South, then North)
  • Scandinavia
  • Europe
  • All-white finale

The Middle East section will be similar to Hong Kong, bridging Africa and Asia. The Rainforest will be used as a bridge between Oceania and the Americas, rather like how it was depicted in the original World's Fair version. It will also feature at least one new language, Portuguese, which I don't think was ever included in the ride before.
Shouldn’t the Rainforest be part of the Americas; much like Scandinavia be part of Europe? I know that is the case with both the World’s Fair and the first 3 Disneylands but I always found that to be irksome because the rainforest is part of South and Central America identity; which is like treating the Sahara as seperate to Africa, so not have the Galapagos or Antarctica in the Rainforest’s place and the Arctic for Scandinavia?

Twilight_Roxas

Any specific colors of the exterior, and is the clock going to be on the exterior building like in the other parks or inside like in the MK plus would it look the same in the other parks or the one in Paris or a different look?

mharrington

Original Poster
Shouldn’t the Rainforest be part of the Americas; much like Scandinavia be part of Europe? I know that is the case with both the World’s Fair and the first 3 Disneylands but I always found that to be irksome because the rainforest is part of South and Central America identity; which is like treating the Sahara as seperate to Africa, so not have the Galapagos or Antarctica in the Rainforest’s place and the Arctic for Scandinavia?

I only labeled them based on this one video of the ride at Hong Kong Disneyland. I guess I mean to say "Arctic" rather than "Scandinavia". As for the Rainforest, it is typically featured at the end of the Oceania section (likely referencing New Guinea). At least it is in Disneyland and Hong Kong. In France, it is used as a bridge between Oceania and South America. It does the same thing in Florida and Japan, but in reverse (first South America, then Oceania).

Any specific colors of the exterior, and is the clock going to be on the exterior building like in the other parks or inside like in the MK plus would it look the same in the other parks or the one in Paris or a different look?

I'm thinking a different color scheme, mostly blues and purples, which I don't believe has ever been done before. But the exterior will just feature the clock tower and the parade around the tower.

mharrington

Original Poster
Adventureland will be unique among Disney parks, as it encompasses Frontierland, too.

I'm trying to figure out some ideas for attractions. For example, I'm thinking of doing a thrilling water ride that encompasses both the Jungle Cruise and the Rivers of America. But I'm debating if it should be a river rapids ride or even a water coaster.

What are your thoughts?

mharrington

Original Poster
The Pirates of the Caribbean version in this park will, surprise, surprise, feature Capt. Jack Sparrow. In this case, it will be based, partially, on the old Legend of Jack Sparrow attraction at the Studios: http://yesterland.com/jacksparrow.html. The working name for this ride is "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" (not to be confused with the title of the latest Pirate movie).

The main difference between this ride and the Studios attraction is that you are not called on to be part of Sparrow's crew. It begins with the talking skull, as in other versions out there, and looks something like this:
jacksparrow_preshow2012ww.jpg

It says (in Portuguese), "Ye come seeking adventure and salty pirates, eh? Aye, you've come to the proper place. But heed this warning: it takes a true pirate's heart to sail these waters, like Captain Jack Sparrow. And that is a perilous voyage for even the bravest of seafarers. Keep a weather eye open, mates... Heh-heh-heh..."

As you pass below the skull and enter the next area, you hear it again: "Heartier souls than I thought ye'd be. Aye, you must be stouthearted, indeed, to enter this cursed place. Ah, but there be magic here too, mateys. Anything can happen, as... you... shall... see..."

(Another difference between this ride and the exhibit is no continuous appearance of the talking skull.)

Here are some shots of scenes to be used in the ride, based on the Legend of Capt. Jack Sparrow attraction at the Studios (but no talking skull here):
jacksparrow_interior2012ww.jpg

jacksparrow_skeletons2012ww.jpg

jacksparrow_yohoyoho2012ww.jpg

jacksparrow_captainjack2012ww.jpg

As you can see from the visuals, there will be attacks from undead pirates, at one point. At another point, you will have a run-in with the Kraken. You also get lured in by pretty-looking mermaid who actually intend to murder you. When Capt. Jack makes his appearance, he does in a theatrical way with the iconic redhead from the classic ride (not shown above, unfortunately).

One thing that will make this different from all other versions out there is that this ride will not be another flume ride. Rather, it will be a water coaster, although only as long as for Sea World's Journey To Atlantis (although it's too dark to make out much, watch from 7:05 to 7:20):

These are just ideas tossed in, to give you an idea for what's going to happen in the ride. Similar to the transition from Caribbean Plaza in WDW's Adventureland to Frontierland, there will also be a slightly Caribbean-esque mini-area here to transition between the "adventure" and "frontier" areas of Adventureland here. As I said before, there is no Frontierland. Rather, it will be merged into Adventureland.

What do you think of all of this? I really would like some feedback (i.e., from @S.P.E.W, @spacemt354, @AceAstro, @MANEATINGWREATH).

AceAstro

The Pirates of the Caribbean version in this park will, surprise, surprise, feature Capt. Jack Sparrow. In this case, it will be based, partially, on the old Legend of Jack Sparrow attraction at the Studios: http://yesterland.com/jacksparrow.html. The working name for this ride is "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales" (not to be confused with the title of the latest Pirate movie).

The main difference between this ride and the Studios attraction is that you are not called on to be part of Sparrow's crew. It begins with the talking skull, as in other versions out there, and looks something like this:

It says (in Portuguese), "Ye come seeking adventure and salty pirates, eh? Aye, you've come to the proper place. But heed this warning: it takes a true pirate's heart to sail these waters, like Captain Jack Sparrow. And that is a perilous voyage for even the bravest of seafarers. Keep a weather eye open, mates... Heh-heh-heh..."

As you pass below the skull and enter the next area, you hear it again: "Heartier souls than I thought ye'd be. Aye, you must be stouthearted, indeed, to enter this cursed place. Ah, but there be magic here too, mateys. Anything can happen, as... you... shall... see..."

(Another difference between this ride and the exhibit is no continuous appearance of the talking skull.)

Here are some shots of scenes to be used in the ride, based on the Legend of Capt. Jack Sparrow attraction at the Studios (but no talking skull here):

As you can see from the visuals, there will be attacks from undead pirates, at one point. At another point, you will have a run-in with the Kraken. You also get lured in by pretty-looking mermaid who actually intend to murder you. When Capt. Jack makes his appearance, he does in a theatrical way with the iconic redhead from the classic ride (not shown above, unfortunately).

One thing that will make this different from all other versions out there is that this ride will not be another flume ride. Rather, it will be a water coaster, although only as long as for Sea World's Journey To Atlantis (although it's too dark to make out much, watch from 7:05 to 7:20):

These are just ideas tossed in, to give you an idea for what's going to happen in the ride. Similar to the transition from Caribbean Plaza in WDW's Adventureland to Frontierland, there will also be a slightly Caribbean-esque mini-area here to transition between the "adventure" and "frontier" areas of Adventureland here. As I said before, there is no Frontierland. Rather, it will be merged into Adventureland.

What do you think of all of this? I really would like some feedback (i.e., from @S.P.E.W, @spacemt354, @AceAstro, @MANEATINGWREATH).

I think this would be a fun ride! The Atlantis Water-coaster is a simple, yet quite fun coaster but with PotC theming I think it would be incredible!

spacemt354

Chili's

A water coaster is a neat new element to infuse into the attraction.

mharrington

Original Poster
The only problem is, I don't really have an idea for what could happen. As in my other Mickey dark ride idea, I only have a few elements here and there to put in the ride. Again, any help would be fine.

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm having difficulty coming up with ideas for this park's Pirates ride, but then I thought of doing something like Disney Infinity below (but heavily modified):

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom