The return of a Disneyland in Brazil - in a new location (open brainstorming)

Twilight_Roxas

Well the ending something similar to a coaster. Maybe it could be the same attraction in Shanghai, but with a different ending scene to fit the coaster part.

Twilight_Roxas

Well when the ships rise the boat could be lifted to a higher floor for the climatic battle between Jack & Davy Jones with the new ending being the coaster part going back to the main floor.

mharrington

Original Poster
Well, don't forget, I was kind of pondering the usage of the redhead in this ride, similar to the old Legend of Jack Sparrow attraction at the Studios.

mharrington

Original Poster
The only way a lift could work is if the bateau seems to run aground with water coming in behind it and forces the boat up on the wall, tipping it up and raising it. That's really the best I could come up with.

What are your thoughts on this idea, anyone?

mharrington

Original Poster
I'm thinking of having Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales have elements of Shanghai, but also the old Legend of Jack Sparrow attraction at the Studios, as I said. Here is the first part of Disneyland Curitiba's Pirates ride...

As you make your way through an old fort, this is different from other versions out there, in that it is almost completely blasted to bits, clearly the work of pirates.

Boarding your bateau, you notice that unlike all other versions of the ride out there, this version's fleet of bateaux have pouches for stowing any items you have brought on. There is a reason why this is...

You depart in your bateau and pass by the quasi-obligatory restaurant by the water inside (like the Blue Bayou and others). Nearby is the wrecked remains of an old ship and a sign reading (in Portuguese) "Pirates, ye be warned". This is reinforced by some hanging skeletons of pirates suspended from a rock arch. Ahead, above an archway is a familiar talking skull like so:
jacksparrow_preshow2012ww.jpg

It says (in Portuguese), "Ye come seeking adventure and salty pirates, eh? Aye, you've come to the proper place. But heed this warning: it takes a true pirate's heart to sail these waters, like Captain Jack Sparrow. And that is a perilous voyage for even the bravest of seafarers. Keep a weather eye open, mates... Heh-heh-heh..."

As you pass below the skull and enter the next area, you hear it again: "Heartier souls than I thought ye'd be. Aye, you must be stouthearted, indeed, to enter this cursed place. Ah, but there be magic here too, mateys. Anything can happen, as... you... shall... see..."

Entering the fort, you hear the sound of cannonfire and pirates shouting. You pass by a jail cell, wherein a familiar group of imprisoned pirates is trying to entice a dog into surrendering the keys in its mouth:
pirates-of-the-caribbean-00.jpg

Passing by the cell, you emerge into a You then see two familiar figures across both sides of the water, who make their appearance in a theatrical way. On one end of the water is our old friend Captain Jack Sparrow:
jacksparrow_captainjack2012ww.jpg

And the other is the iconic redhead from other versions. With the rumors circling of the redhead being revised for other versions of the ride out there as a pirate herself (already having done so in Paris, confirmed to do so in Florida and only rumored right now in California)...
db_2018_Pirates_NEWAuctionScene3.jpg

...the redhead-as-pirate is taken up a notch here: she is an old flame of Sparrow's, and based on this moment from the first Pirate movie (up to 0:05):

As you might have guessed, her name is Scarlet. That's it for now. What do you think?

Last edited:

mharrington

Original Poster
Continuing on...

You see Sparrow and Scarlet at opposite ends of the river, as you make your way through town while they compete to get to the end first. What happens is basically the same as this Pirates-themed level of Disney Infinity, but reversed, in this case (until the 1:03 mark):

Entering this scene and meeting Sparrow and Scarlet, you hear Davy Jones call out (in Portuguese): "The seas will be mine to rule!" As old flames turned rivals, Sparrow and Scarlet decide to compete with each other to stop Davy Jones. You enter a town under attack from Jones' crew. From time to time, you see Jones' crew alternately terrorizing the citizens and battling Sparrow and Scarlet. The scene of Jones' crew terrorizing the citizens is similar to the infamous chase scene in other versions of the ride (just imagine the pirate below as one of Davy Jones' crew):
4562298-6294580-thumbnail.jpg

Meanwhile, cannonfire from Jones' ship, the Flying Dutchman, is destroying the town, piece by piece. It has already smashed a bridge to bits, leaving a gap across it, which you pass below. Another cannon shot has hit a clock tower, and it teeters in ominously toward your bateau. Still, your boat floats on, while Sparrow and Scarlet keep ahead.

Finally, you float through a cannon-shattered hole in a stone wall of the fort defending the town. Here, you see soldiers firing at the Flying Dutchman. It basically is a scene out of the classic ride:
ShipBattle2.jpg

ShipBattle_v2.jpg

Except that is the Dutchman, not the Wicked Wench, attacking, as I said, which means that's Davy Jones giving out the commands of attack.

That's it for now.

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
I like your new version of Pirates! Really does a good job updating things but keeping the classic feel.

I especially love the town falling apart a round you at the end. I could picture the collapsing bridge and falling tower so clearly in my head

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom