The Red Button Option

asianway

I didn't claim CoP would be demolished anytime soon. I said they were looking into seasonal operation, followed by letting it sit, and then demolition far into the future if they choose to use that space. And because I never claimed such, it's hard to have insiders refute me in things I never said.
Why would seasonal operation be farfetched? It was on seasonal a good amount of time, around, well, the turn of the Century

Last edited by a moderator:

lazyboy97o

Acording to this article 130 people were targeted, not <10.

Two different things. The 130 accounts are those that were hacked as part of the public facing Bitcoin scam. Within that group is the smaller subset of eight people whose data the hackers at least tried to download, which would have included their direct messages and other personal information. Per Twitter these eight accounts are not verified users, so not any of the big names that were compromised.

Scubacat

This right here. No one from out of state is going to risk their health to pay rack rate at WDW. POP at $180 per night? Please. That's why it isn't filling up.

They just can't charge prices like that. They have to know this, that's why the run promotions every single day, every year. No one is going to pay $180 for POP.

Put on the 50% discounts and try that.

Somehow I feel like it's intentional. They know how to manage promos and offer them all the time. If they wanted to encourage sales, they could easily reinstate the summer fun & sun (or whatever it was called) promo.

But people will risk their life for a good deal?

Sure, and to experience it with historically low crowds, too.

I saw the low crowds in videos and booked a week at Copper Creek next month. "Dangerous" is relative to how cautious you are.

Castmbr

Somehow I feel like it's intentional. They know how to manage promos and offer them all the time. If they wanted to encourage sales, they could easily reinstate the summer fun & sun (or whatever it was called) promo.

Sure, and to experience it with historically low crowds, too.

I saw the low crowds in videos and booked a week at Copper Creek next month. "Dangerous" is relative to how cautious you are.

The survey says......It's the mask requirement. When that goes away, if it ever does, then the attendance will improve. Not saying it would fill to ~90% occ like before but we would see a marked improvement.

sbunit

I have a very legitimate and genuine question...aside from the benefit of inside information for self gratitude, why do insiders feel the need to post and share info on the forums? I mean I am personally very appreciative and grateful of any knowledge they feel appropriate to share and I never question anything as I have no inside info to dispute or corroborate anything, just makes for interesting and often very insightful reads. But I find it very odd how some people take things so personal and insist on discrediting or calling someone out. So what’s the benefit in being an insider and why do people get all up in arms about what someone may post? Who cares if they’re wrong. If they’re wrong enough isn’t there an ignore button for that? Again i’m being genuine with my curiosity

Castmbr

I have a very legitimate and genuine question...aside from the benefit of inside information for self gratitude, why do insiders feel the need to post and share info on the forums? I mean I am personally very appreciative and grateful of any knowledge they feel appropriate to share and I never question anything as I have no inside info to dispute or corroborate anything, just makes for interesting and often very insightful reads. But I find it very odd how some people take things so personal and insist on discrediting or calling someone out. So what’s the benefit in being an insider and why do people get all up in arms about what someone may post? Who cares if they’re wrong. If they’re wrong enough isn’t there an ignore button for that? Again i’m being genuine with my curiosity

I think ---- it's the sharing of an alternative viewpoint vs the overwhelming over excited Disney fan viewpoint that can sometimes not take into account reality and are always looking at Disney with rose colored glasses. That is fine to want to believe in that ideal view of Disney but if a hard Disney does no wrong fan is here looking for rumors then they need to expect to see conflicting info outside your world view.
I hate to see bad info spread and just stand by and watch but if the mob shouts people down enough good people just stop caring.

Magenta Panther

WWE was still guaranteed to make hundreds of millions in profits even during the pandemic and yet they still laid off dozens of people just to keep their precious pre-pandemic forecasts.

Disney will likely still turn a profit this year despite the pandemic. Sure, it may be down a little from last year, but still a profit nonetheless. There's no reason for Disney to follow WWE's path.

FWIW I don't think Disney will go broke either. I'm hardly an economist or insider, but Disney is too big to fail. It could sell off assets (I can think of a few it could do without) and help itself in the short term, and just sit tight for a while until a COVID vaccine is developed. Supposedly there's at least one that's showing real promise. On the other hand, I wonder if things will ever go back to normal completely, if people will ever again feel comfortable together packed in movie theaters and the like. Only time will tell...

peter11435

On the other hand, I wonder if things will ever go back to normal completely, if people will ever again feel comfortable together packed in movie theaters and the like. Only time will tell...
People went through a similar (worse) situation a century ago and that didn’t stop people from packing theaters and amusement parks in the years that followed.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom