The Proposals

NateD1226

Original Poster
Day 13

There is this one ride at Universal Studios Florida that just isn’t that good. It takes away from the aspect of the land it’s in.

I Just Want To Say is........ by TheWizardofOzzy on DeviantArt

Your task is to…

Propose a replacement for "Race Through New York Starring Jimmy Fallon"

Do something that celebrates New York and not whatever that monstrosity is. It doesn't have to be a simulator. Feel free to change it up.

Some reminders:
-You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

-Don’t be scared to share your ideas! Every idea is a good idea

-Have fun with it! Don’t be afraid to think outside the box.

Before I go, here is some inspiration music:

Now get to thinkin’!

DashHaber

Day 13

There is this one ride at Universal Studios Florida that just isn’t that good. It takes away from the aspect of the land it’s in.

Your task is to…

Do something that celebrates New York and not whatever that monstrosity is. It doesn't have to be a simulator. Feel free to change it up.

Some reminders:
-You can keep it simple! You don’t have to make a full blown 10 page document on the ride. You can do a couple sentences and/or a few pictures. Whatever you feel comfortable with

Now get to thinkin’!

Yeah, this definitely needs to get replaced. Some of the challenge here, though, is finding some IPs or original ideas that take advantage of the New York setting. Well, this could be a good opportunity for a fresh spin on an IP-based attraction that used to be in USF. In fact, it might have been in the same general location.

Ghostbusters 3D Spooktacular

Ghostbusters_%281984%29_theatrical_poster.png

Guests might recognize the sign with the familiar logo out front, as the Ghostbusters have opened their doors for new recruits as they look to expand with franchise opportunities in this fun 3D show. With our 3D glasses (called safety goggles) in hand and a fun preshow introduced by Janine Melnitz promising lucrative opportunities with only a small risk of supernatural danger, we head into a converted theater where the Ghostbusters will go more in-depth into the work ahead. Unfortunately, a strange surge in paranormal activity strikes the theater. Ghosts escape from the containment unit, as they begin to haunt the theater and torment us with their creepy antics. However, the Ghostbusters are on-hand to save the day, even when faced with another showdown against the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
Day 13

Your task is to…

Some reminders:

Now get to thinkin’!

I'm a Fallon ride apologist. It's not great but it is really goofy, dumb fun! I actually think it (mostly) comes across better than the Minions or Simpsons rides.

That being said...

Pacific Rim simulator. But with a Purge themed Halloween overlay.

Chaos Cat

But with a Purge themed Halloween overlay.
the office no GIF

Sorry, but the Purge's time at Halloween Horror Nights is only behind Walking Dead's in terms of "IPs I wish would go away." Just let it stay dead.

Pacific Rim simulator's a cool idea, though.

(I've got no idea for this round. The only IP I can think of for New York that isn't already taken is Sesame Street, which, just... no. It's a perfectly good kid's show, but it really only fits in Kidszone. Plus there might be rights issues with SeaWorld.)

Pi on my Cake

In the Parks
Yes
the office no GIF

Sorry, but the Purge's time at Halloween Horror Nights is only behind Walking Dead's in terms of "IPs I wish would go away." Just let it stay dead.

(I've got no idea for this round. The only IP I can think of for New York that isn't already taken is Sesame Street, which, just... no. It's a perfectly good kid's show, but it really only fits in Kidszone. Plus there might be rights issues with SeaWorld.)
Purge is a terrible film franchise. BUT it's sense of mayhem and intensity and chaos would make it a great fit for a fast paced simulator.

DashHaber

the office no GIF

If it helps you out on ideas, I feel like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is a New York-based IP that Universal could spring for.

D Hulk

6755afeb240b0725b6ea5d993a058ece.jpg

FALL OF KONG

A highly-themed drop tower experience meant to complement Kong: Skull Island over in Islands of Adventure.

The attraction begins with a a pre-show, a staged recreation of Carl Denham’s “Eighth Wonder of the World” Broadway show, complete with live dancers and an incredible, full-scale animatronic of King Kong shackled to a platform.

But soon Kong breaks free from his constraints (shadows projected against the shutting curtains depict his backstage rampage), and theater ushers soon evacuate guests down to sewer level and then up into the Empire State Building’s elevator shafts, all in an attempt to escape Kong’s path of destruction throughout New York City.

Guests ride an elevator car up the Empire State Building to presumed safety, only to find themselves in the middle of a pitched battle between Kong and a squadron of biplanes! The monster mayhem is realized with a combo of genuine banana-smelling Kong animatronics and screen projections of the biplane attack and NYC below. Elevator cars drop and rise unexpectedly - as Kong yanks the cables up to use as weapons - all climaxing with a thrilling plunge to street level just as the biplanes (& beauty) fell the savage beast!​

Suchomimus

FALL OF KONG

A highly-themed drop tower experience meant to complement Kong: Skull Island over in Islands of Adventure.

The attraction begins with a a pre-show, a staged recreation of Carl Denham’s “Eighth Wonder of the World” Broadway show, complete with live dancers and an incredible, full-scale animatronic of King Kong shackled to a platform.

But soon Kong breaks free from his constraints (shadows projected against the shutting curtains depict his backstage rampage), and theater ushers soon evacuate guests down to sewer level and then up into the Empire State Building’s elevator shafts, all in an attempt to escape Kong’s path of destruction throughout New York City.

Guests ride an elevator car up the Empire State Building to presumed safety, only to find themselves in the middle of a pitched battle between Kong and a squadron of biplanes! The monster mayhem is realized with a combo of genuine banana-smelling Kong animatronics and screen projections of the biplane attack and NYC below. Elevator cars drop and rise unexpectedly - as Kong yanks the cables up to use as weapons - all climaxing with a thrilling plunge to street level just as the biplanes (& beauty) fell the savage beast!​
Imagine if this is what Uni went with instead of Fallon and Reign. It would have saved the expansion plot at IoA for a Jurassic World expansion.

DashHaber

FALL OF KONG

That right there is such a top-tier idea. Great work!

gonzoWDW

Subway Sentinels
New York has long been known for its incredible subway system, with an estimated daily ridership of 5.5 Million people! As you might imagine, the system is busiest at NYC's most popular attractions. What few people know is that a secret track exists, running through the 13th floor of every building; this track whisks the Subway Sentinels, the system's all star maintenance team, across the entire system on a bullet train. This team does everything from rerouting trains to emergency track repairs - wherever help is needed, the Subway sentinels show up.

Our guests took a wrong turn while entering Jimmy Fallon's show, and ended up in the Subway Sentinels command hub. The team's newest member decides to give a tour, when a city wide emergency calls the Sentinels into action. Guests come along for the ride in a simulator as they zip along the secret track, seeing all of New York's most popular landmarks while dropping in and out of the actual Subway system, allowing them to see the best sights and save the day at the same time.

Looking in front, guests see a track with numerous turns (that lead to steep drops into the actual Subway system). Looking out the sides, guests see New Yorks landmarks through building windows as they zoom past. Occasional drops into the Subway to fix a problem provide a thrill, and also a transition as our Sentinels save the day before continuing their impromptu watch.

Evilgidgit

I have a couple of ideas to replace Jimmy Fallon -- neither of which are EFFING SIMULATORS! THEY ARE THE TURDS OF TYPHON IN THE UNIVERSAL PARKS!

*ahem*

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtle Twist: An indoor dark ride/coaster based on our favourite pizza-eating turtles. The ride would take primary influence from the 2015 animated show. The exterior is themed around an abandoned sewage plant, now serving as an entrance into the TMNT's home. Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael have to stop the Shredder, the Foot Clan, and the Krang from using Dimension X technology to draw the Technodrome into New York City. Guests board spinning Turtle Pods, fast-moving vehicles which can transform from rail to floorless tracks with ease. Guests participate in the battle to stop the badguys, aided by the turtles, Master Splinter, April O'Neil, and Casey Jones, whizzing through sewer tunnels, up onto rooftops, and through the streets of Manhattan to save the day. At the end, there might be some pizza awaiting you.

Battle With Kong: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and JF are fused together, creating a high-paced coaster based around King Kong. Guests play the role of bi-plane pilots, racing to the top of the Empire State Building, where King Kong stands with Ann Darrow in his grip.

NateD1226

Original Poster
I'm very disappointed that nobody did a Wendy Williams ride called "Native New Yorker", but I guess it will just have to be another time

Race Through Los Angeles Starring Jimmy Kimmel
Angry White Woman GIFs | Tenor

Race Through New York starring Jay Gatsby
rolls_royce_phantom_ii_poster.jpg
Not a bad idea! Just change the name and everything would be good ;)

Yeah, this definitely needs to get replaced. Some of the challenge here, though, is finding some IPs or original ideas that take advantage of the New York setting. Well, this could be a good opportunity for a fresh spin on an IP-based attraction that used to be in USF. In fact, it might have been in the same general location.

Ghostbusters 3D Spooktacular

Ghostbusters_%281984%29_theatrical_poster.png

Guests might recognize the sign with the familiar logo out front, as the Ghostbusters have opened their doors for new recruits as they look to expand with franchise opportunities in this fun 3D show. With our 3D glasses (called safety goggles) in hand and a fun preshow introduced by Janine Melnitz promising lucrative opportunities with only a small risk of supernatural danger, we head into a converted theater where the Ghostbusters will go more in-depth into the work ahead. Unfortunately, a strange surge in paranormal activity strikes the theater. Ghosts escape from the containment unit, as they begin to haunt the theater and torment us with their creepy antics. However, the Ghostbusters are on-hand to save the day, even when faced with another showdown against the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man!
This is a very fun idea and works really well with the land.

I'm a Fallon ride apologist. It's not great but it is really goofy, dumb fun! I actually think it (mostly) comes across better than the Minions or Simpsons rides.

That being said...

Pacific Rim simulator. But with a Purge themed Halloween overlay.
I have never watched Pacific Rim, but doesn't it take place in the Pacific Ocean or am I being delusional lmao

FALL OF KONG

This is a wonderful idea. Very ambitious, which is what I really like about. Universal needs more rides like this.

Subway Sentinels
New York has long been known for its incredible subway system, with an estimated daily ridership of 5.5 Million people! As you might imagine, the system is busiest at NYC's most popular attractions. What few people know is that a secret track exists, running through the 13th floor of every building; this track whisks the Subway Sentinels, the system's all star maintenance team, across the entire system on a bullet train. This team does everything from rerouting trains to emergency track repairs - wherever help is needed, the Subway sentinels show up.

Our guests took a wrong turn while entering Jimmy Fallon's show, and ended up in the Subway Sentinels command hub. The team's newest member decides to give a tour, when a city wide emergency calls the Sentinels into action. Guests come along for the ride in a simulator as they zip along the secret track, seeing all of New York's most popular landmarks while dropping in and out of the actual Subway system, allowing them to see the best sights and save the day at the same time.

Looking in front, guests see a track with numerous turns (that lead to steep drops into the actual Subway system). Looking out the sides, guests see New Yorks landmarks through building windows as they zoom past. Occasional drops into the Subway to fix a problem provide a thrill, and also a transition as our Sentinels save the day before continuing their impromptu watch.
Very fun idea! It helps fix the bad things about Jimmy Fallon and turns it into something way better.

I have a couple of ideas to replace Jimmy Fallon -- neither of which are EFFING SIMULATORS! THEY ARE THE TURDS OF TYPHON IN THE UNIVERSAL PARKS!

*ahem*

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtle Twist: An indoor dark ride/coaster based on our favourite pizza-eating turtles. The ride would take primary influence from the 2015 animated show. The exterior is themed around an abandoned sewage plant, now serving as an entrance into the TMNT's home. Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, and Raphael have to stop the Shredder, the Foot Clan, and the Krang from using Dimension X technology to draw the Technodrome into New York City. Guests board spinning Turtle Pods, fast-moving vehicles which can transform from rail to floorless tracks with ease. Guests participate in the battle to stop the badguys, aided by the turtles, Master Splinter, April O'Neil, and Casey Jones, whizzing through sewer tunnels, up onto rooftops, and through the streets of Manhattan to save the day. At the end, there might be some pizza awaiting you.

Battle With Kong: Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit and JF are fused together, creating a high-paced coaster based around King Kong. Guests play the role of bi-plane pilots, racing to the top of the Empire State Building, where King Kong stands with Ann Darrow in his grip.
Both ideas are awesome! I also love that you didn't use a simulator because those are the worst types of rides!

NateD1226

Original Poster
Day 14

Today is Disney Investor Day! At 1:30 PM PST, Disney will be live streaming for 4 hours about new things coming to Disney+ and theaters. So, in honor of that, you are going to create something new for Disney, Marvel, Pixar, or Star Wars!

Black girl magic arguing regina hall GIF - Find on GIFER

Your task today is to…

Propose a new Disney, Marvel, Pixar, or Star Wars movie/series for Disney+/theaters

Some reminders:

Now get to thinkin’!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom