The point in a trip I get depressed...

sublimesting

Original Poster
Anyone else get a little sad when they realize they've reached the halfway point or so and review thei itinerary and realize that the next visit to a particular park will be the last visit to that park for that trip?

It bums me out. When I start I go to each park about 4 times whether for full or half days. At the start of the trip you think "Oh man I have so much time, I'm gonna ride this and that multiple times and come back again and again!" Then one day it's like "Well, here you are one more ride for each."

DisneyJoe

It doesn't really hit me until the last day or the eve of the last day...and then it REALLY hits me when driving off property.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Never been depressed... :shrug:

I'm in DISNEY!!!!! :king:

I also always know I'm coming back. I can't imagine being/getting depressed there, leaving there or in any way while thinking about there! :D

Life is short, enjoy what you have while you can. The rest will take care of itself.

sublimesting

Original Poster
Never been depressed... :shrug:

I'm in DISNEY!!!!! :king:

I also always know I'm coming back. I can't imagine being/getting depressed there, leaving there or in any way while thinking about there! :D

Life is short, enjoy what you have while you can. The rest will take care of itself.

I guess depressed is a strong word, but you know...

DisneyPrincess5

Oy during the trip? That's bad!

For me, it's when we get off the plane at our airport and start driving home and the first moments that I'm alone after the trip...BRUTAL!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I guess depressed is a strong word, but you know...
It wouldn't matter what word you chose. Down, sad, maudlin, morose, mildly low... I don't do any of that. Ever.

WDW is a wonderful place that I enjoy going to and enjoy planning to go again. I may someday have property nearby so I can go more often, but I thoroughly enjoy the time I spend there and I expect when the day comes I can't go as often or possibly at all, I'll have joyous memories and still won't be upset. :shrug:

Living life as it comes...

fosse76

Usually by the end of the second day, I've had my fill and think I'm ready to go home. The third day I'm just going through the motions. The fourth day my excitement peaks again and by the evening I'd wished I'd booked a longer trip. The fifth day I'm so busy keeping an eye on the time it's hard to enjoy myself...that's when I get "depressed" about leaving.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The HESS station across from DTD. We always stop there as we are leaving to gas and coffee up. I know once that I take that right out of parking lot that I am leaving home and going back to the house.

NewfieFan

Anyone else get a little sad when they realize they've reached the halfway point or so and review thei itinerary and realize that the next visit to a particular park will be the last visit to that park for that trip?

It bums me out. When I start I go to each park about 4 times whether for full or half days. At the start of the trip you think "Oh man I have so much time, I'm gonna ride this and that multiple times and come back again and again!" Then one day it's like "Well, here you are one more ride for each."

I know how you feel... and I've caught myself feeling the same way! But I put a smile on my face now b/c I know I'm coming back again!

I love this quote...

"Don't be sad because it's over... smile because it happened!"

DisneyGigi

I start dreading my last day as soon as we make plans for the trip. We are at 98 days away and the other day while trying to plan our ADRs when we got to the last day I got really quiet and DH looks at me and goes you are already dreading that last walk down Main Street and we aren't even there yet. (He so knows me) I hate it when it is over, I cry everytime, I just can't help it.

Susan Savia

Thats why on our trip home we verbally begin planning the next visit. Gives us something to discuss on our long drive back home again and knowing there will be a next time, makes everything good!:):)

We get a bit depressed when leaving. I decided the problem is we dont go enough. When you only go once a year, its a bit of a wait and you know that you wont be back very soon. Im bumping things up to twice a year, one week long and another 4 day:)

PeeplMoovr

Usually by the end of the second day, I've had my fill and think I'm ready to go home. The third day I'm just going through the motions. The fourth day my excitement peaks again and by the evening I'd wished I'd booked a longer trip. The fifth day I'm so busy keeping an eye on the time it's hard to enjoy myself...that's when I get "depressed" about leaving.

I'm not sure if your post was meant to be funny, but I found it hysterical. These words you used generally describe my Monday to Friday WORK WEEK...

had my fill
ready to go home
going through the motions
keeping an eye on the time
hard to enjoy myself
depressed

:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom