The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

Siren

This emoticon is uncalled for, I wasn't talking about you, Marni -- I meant the "other" people. LOL.

And you cannot season, those that are unseasonable - Hannibal Lector.
Ewww, this is so gross and very creepy. I am so glad to be *unseasonable*. I swear the internet can expose you to the scariest kinds of people. You should really be on a forum for cannibalism or something like that instead of Disney -- since you're into that kind of thing. LOL.

Let me give it a shot.

The Chinese Theater is totally unrelated to the "Star Wars" fireworks show therefore dimmed
The Castle is an appropriate centerpiece for the Wishes fireworks show therefore highlighted

Just my thoughts.
I wish the park icon was distinctly Disney and it is way too small. It's akin to tearing down Spaceship Earth and making GM Test Track the park icon, as far as I am concerned.

It's all about what we are intended to focus on. And for the record, the Castle goes dark for the Wishes finale.

Have you ever even seen Wishes?
That's for the finale which is understandable, and it doesn't change the fact that the castle remains a focal point of the fireworks.

I'm not going to drag this out because I know we will not ever see eye to eye on this -- I just wanted to express my disappointment. Again, not with the Chinese Theater itself because it is quite gorgeous for what it is.

I *love* The Great Movie Ride, so I wouldn't miss it for anything. We love riding this at night, it's an awesome way to close the park! I just don't like it as the park icon. That's all.

As an aside, I do *not* prefer a dance party over themed entertainment -- as someone with poor reading comprehension skills tried to imply earlier.

I just *love* that DJ -- he was everything that night. I was so tired and then all of a sudden we heard The Darth Vader theme song (it was not the Star Wars theme song, as I had stated earlier) and he remixed Darth Vader with Turn Down For What and it was so electric and the crowds just went crazy. So yeah, I liked it.

Cesar R M

I wish the park icon was distinctly Disney and it is way too small. It's akin to tearing down Spaceship Earth and making GM Test Track the park icon, as far as I am concerned.
49BuXp8.gif

RSoxNo1

I've seen a few people post about the canyon coming down, but have yet to see any evidence that work has actually started. I don't doubt it will be coming down, I am just waiting to see evidence that demolition is actually under way.
I still maintain that they haven't moved the trams.

RSoxNo1

Ride inside shows its age but I think it is perfectly good. One of a handful of true classic Disney rides left. IMO
I like the changes to the pre-show and the finale film (for the most part). However, I think there is too much Robert Osborne. I don't think there's too much of him on the ride itself and his in car audio is Kylo Ren-esque. It's a bit of nitpicking, but I'd also prefer to not have him introduce the finale film. With regards to the ride scenes themselves. They all show their age. It needs to be overhauled significantly with animatronic upgrades throughout and replacements of many scenes. Lastly, the audio in the western scene is atrocious, and is generally poor throughout the ride.

matt9112

I like the changes to the pre-show and the finale film (for the most part). However, I think there is too much Robert Osborne. I don't think there's too much of him on the ride itself and his in car audio is Kylo Ren-esque. It's a bit of nitpicking, but I'd also prefer to not have him introduce the finale film. With regards to the ride scenes themselves. They all show their age. It needs to be overhauled significantly with animatronic upgrades throughout and replacements of many scenes. Lastly, the audio in the western scene is atrocious, and is generally poor throughout the ride.

Your points are valid but a good company would answer that call.....too much Osborne yeah I think so but sponsorships aren't free. Without TMC we all KNOW it would have gotten zero improvement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom