The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

stretchsje

Can anyone confirm the new most-likely-right-now name for the park as "Disney's Cinemagic Kingdom"? Is this the idea that has bested "Disney's Hollywood Adventure"?

Funny, there were some joking references to using this name in this thread well over a year ago! Nobody took it seriously.

DisneyGentleman

Can anyone confirm the new most-likely-right-now name for the park as "Disney's Cinemagic Kingdom"? Is this the idea that has bested "Disney's Hollywood Adventure"?

Funny, there were some joking references to using this name in this thread well over a year ago! Nobody took it seriously.
For those looking for symmetry, it appears we now have Kingdoms and Adventures. So I would expect Disney's Cinemagic Adventure.

Of course, what becomes of EPCOT? Disney's Drunken Adventure?

wdwgreek

Cinemagic sounds awful. I am praying they go with Hollywood Adventure or just not use kingdom or cinema in their title.

stretchsje

Aye, seems like an odd choice. It was only ever used in foreign markets, and in most of them, it's since been replaced.
maxresdefault.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disney_Cinemagic

FigmentForver96

No. Of course not. Sleepy Beauty's castle is classic like Hermes.

The picture you are showing is from Disneyland Paris, and I am referring to the castle in Anaheim, the castle that is smaller than most of the park icons. While the castles date back to medieval times and have a charm to them, there is history with the theater in Hollywood Studios as well. That theater represents the golden age of Hollywood and filmmaking and that is exactly what the front half of the park represents.

Cesar R M

Isn't it just awesome, how fast Disney responds to my concerns! I guess I'm not part of the 20% that Disney ignores. LOL.

20johz9.jpg

Anyway, just look at this -- it's quite nice and it looks very expensive, too. It probably would have been cheaper to just keep the hat, but we all know how Disney just loves to burn other people's money. So, I really don't know why people are complaining about prices going up, when they encourage it. LOL.

Anyway, it looks like there is some kind of projection on the left side, like a shadow of Darth Vader's face or something like that. If not -- then, the fireworks really need to be on both sides of the light saber. Other than that, I think this will be a major draw for Star Wars and non Star Wars fans alike.

LOL, this is so funny. Do you think it's tacky if Disney built a giant BB8? Just imagine his cute little head moving around in a circle. I'm serious, too. There is a giant Walker, so why not a BB8?

No. Of course not. Sleepy Beauty's castle is classic like Hermes.

nz0mc6.jpg

I'm fairly certain this will happen. I think this park should be named the Star Wars and Friends Adventure with Random Pixar Stuff for Kids park.

It's astounding to me, how Frozen gets one ride in Epcot and it's the end of the world, and here we have an entire park that will only exist for Star Wars, and no one has a thing to say. Typical.
/..... siren going at it with her trolling voice...

Siren

There is no giant Walker. It's a regular size Walker. If there was a scale replica whale in Animal Kingdom, would you say, "Look, a giant whale!"
*Sigh* You stealth nerd types are just relentless with the specifics. Okay, you win. And, thank you for not using math. LOL.

I wonder if that Walker is going to wind up as part of Star Wars Land.
Absolutely. Why wouldn't they?

But I do wonder how the Millenium Falcon ride can distinguish itself from Star Tours. It just seems odd that Disney would have two Star Wars simulator rides. So, I hope this isn't the end for Star Tours.

And frankly, I don't think we need another Star Wars simulator. Star Wars land could use a well themed coaster, preferably an inverted coaster that plays Star Wars themed music and an elaborately themed queue and an amazing dark ride or a boat ride. DHS doesn't have any water rides so this could be a great addition.

I think it is going to be Disney's Cinemagic Kingdom. Just wow, likes that's going to take some getting used to. LOL.

That's because Disney isn't putting Star Wars in the China pavilion.
So you're saying, that it's acceptable for an entire theme park to be overrun and consumed with *one* IP that's not even Disney. But it's not okay for Disney's most successful IP to replace *one* thirty year old ride that was underutilized for most of it's existence. Got it.

I want you to please stop insulting me. I am not a troll and I certainly don't sound like one, so stop confusing me with the little voices you hear in your head or at home.

All of the other guys here are having a fun lighthearted discussion and no one here has resorted to any insults of any kind until now.

I've had this discussion with you *before* in the Frozen thread and I told you exactly how I feel about you. So, I don't know if you can't comprehend properly but you need to knock it off. I was in this discussion before you, I don't follow you around, I don't read any of your posts. I would appreciate it if you extend me the same courtesy *again*. You are the only troll present here.

And to that other poster -- thank you so much for pointing out that the picture was of Disneyland Paris.

2j41sgw.jpg

This is a picture of Disneyland California and I love this one a million times better than the Paris one. And yes, it is still Hermes.

20johz9.jpg

I expressed my concerns here about the Chinese Theater not being a focal point of the fireworks -- and, Disney stepped up and immediately released this spectacular rendering as a solution to that problem. So, I am beyond thrilled and cannot wait to see this. At this point, I am content and I really could not care less about anything else concerning the Chinese Theater.

Matt_Black

Because it was built when the "active studio" part was still true. That's why the other half looks empty and hollow; it's intended to look like a giant prop, model, or set piece. That's a bit out of place with the direction they're going, to actually make the guest FEEL like they're in the Star Wars Universe, as opposed to being an extra in a Star Wars film. A subtle but important distinction.

Wikkler

*Sigh* You stealth nerd types are just relentless with the specifics. Okay, you win. And, thank you for not using math. LOL.

But I do wonder how the Millenium Falcon ride can distinguish itself from Star Tours. It just seems odd that Disney would have two Star Wars simulator rides. So, I hope this isn't the end for Star Tours.

And frankly, I don't think we need another Star Wars simulator. Star Wars land could use a well themed coaster, preferably an inverted coaster that plays Star Wars themed music and an elaborately themed queue and an amazing dark ride or a boat ride. DHS doesn't have any water rides so this could be a great addition.

I think it is going to be Disney's Cinemagic Kingdom. Just wow, likes that's going to take some getting used to. LOL.

So you're saying, that it's acceptable for an entire theme park to be overrun and consumed with *one* IP that's not even Disney. But it's not okay for Disney's most successful IP to replace *one* thirty year old ride that was underutilized for most of it's existence. Got it.

I want you to please stop insulting me. I am not a troll and I certainly don't sound like one, so stop confusing me with the little voices you hear in your head or at home.

All of the other guys here are having a fun lighthearted discussion and no one here has resorted to any insults of any kind until now.

I've had this discussion with you *before* in the Frozen thread and I told you exactly how I feel about you. So, I don't know if you can't comprehend properly but you need to knock it off. I was in this discussion before you, I don't follow you around, I don't read any of your posts. I would appreciate it if you extend me the same courtesy *again*. You are the only troll present here.

And to that other poster -- thank you so much for pointing out that the picture was of Disneyland Paris.

2j41sgw.jpg

This is a picture of Disneyland California and I love this one a million times better than the Paris one. And yes, it is still Hermes.

20johz9.jpg

I expressed my concerns here about the Chinese Theater not being a focal point of the fireworks -- and, Disney stepped up and immediately released this spectacular rendering as a solution to that problem. So, I am beyond thrilled and cannot wait to see this. At this point, I am content and I really could not care less about anything else concerning the Chinese Theater.
tumblr_mm4pkgNoKf1rwfctbo1_1280.jpg

Steel City Magic

Who is Siren and why is she trolling every single thread that I watch all of a sudden? Removing the BAH was a waste of money? Dont complain about disneys park price increases every 6 months? Cmon, thats trolling for the sake of trolling. Never seen her before, now about 15 times in the past day. Ive never hit the ignore button before, but I may just have to on this one. Ya know if you said that you hate the muppets, I could swear that you were Magenta...

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Who is Siren and why is she trolling every single thread that I watch all of a sudden?
He or she seems to pop up more regularly than over the last four years to try to bring some pixie dust to threads that voice concerns (lol) using grammar that curiously swings from a teen to someone far more adept at social media interaction (lol)

Almost like he or she knows the Place. (lol)

JUFL2019

He or she seems to pop up more regularly than over the last four years to try to bring some pixie dust to threads that voice concerns (lol) using grammar that curiously swings from a teen to someone far more adept at social media interaction (lol)

She is about as annoying as her name suggests.

Siren

Marni, please stop this. Listen, you can choose to read my posts or not. I resurrected this discussion, and I have been in this thread at least 50+ pages ago. No one forced to be here,

Okay so, you don't like my opinion, that is perfectly fine. Do yourself a favor, use ignore and move on.

You don't have to announce it and make a big thing of it. And the thing is, I barely even post here, so if you are watching me like that than you are watching me way to closely. I don't follow you or anyone else around on this forum.

Everyone here gets a chance to opine their opinion, so why is mine any different?

And, don't insult me, and I am a she. I told you this before. Repeatedly.

I'm so sick of this, I need a sabbatical.

Wikkler

2j41sgw.jpg

20johz9.jpg

This morning, I responded to this post with just a meme.
I will now post an actual rebuttal. For the sake of space I will put it all in a spoiler tag. And to properly view this you have to unignore @Siren .
There is no giant Walker. It's a regular size Walker. If there was a scale replica whale in Animal Kingdom, would you say, "Look, a giant whale!"
*Sigh* You stealth nerd types are just relentless with the specifics.
It's a lot easier to notice a factual error in an argument you disagree with than one you agree with.
Okay, you win. And, thank you for not using math. LOL.
No dark sarcasm in the classroom.
I wonder if that Walker is going to wind up as part of Star Wars Land.
3021735788_00258037a0_b.jpg

This angle is going to be more visible if everything around it is getting razed.
It is rather odd to have two Star Wars simulators. I'm pretty sure the difference is that Star Tours is a tour of the galaxy and the Falcon ride seems like a space battle.
I actually agree with you that DHS needs a coaster or water ride. Star Wars would be totally appropriate, thematically, for a coaster (for a while it was rumoured that a bike coaster would come to Star Wars Land until it was recycled for Shanghai), but the only water-themed planet I can conjure up off the top of my head is Naboo, and I think we know how well that ride would turn out.

Agree with you there. That name would probably decrease attendance :hilarious:
That's because Disney isn't putting Star Wars in the China pavilion.
The Frozestrom debacle has been talked about so much over the past two years that there's nothing I can say at this point that has not been repeated before.
There's something repeatedly going to the Frozen and Hollywood makeover threads and posting the same argument every time seemingly just to get a reaction that would get people to think that.
I wish that was true.
I'm pretty sure @Cesar R M replies to you whenever you post because he watches the threads you post in.

2j41sgw.jpg

They're both equally charming in my opinion. This is the kind of opinion that cannot be backed up with logic, but cannot be destroyed with logic, either. It's just a matter of taste.
20johz9.jpg

It should be similar to this rendering but not exactly the same. Notice that every character appears at once on the side of the building. This probably won't happen in the actual show. I'm actually as excited for this show as you are.

Cesar R M

2j41sgw.jpg

20johz9.jpg

surprising how this image macro fits in every single reply by Siren

eCmeKJL.gif

I just hope she is knowledged as troll and not just an attempt to smear our female residents.
Her posts could bring the classic meninist type insults full force.

Marni, please stop this. Listen, you can choose to read my posts or not. I resurrected this discussion, and I have been in this thread at least 50+ pages ago. No one forced to be here,
Well, you see.. unlike you.. Marni as a reputation.. a good one.
Just sayin'
Lately you have been acting like you own the place. You dont. Wdwmagic does.
Also you sometimes also act like you lived right under Iger's armpit in the knowledge aspect. :bored:

This morning, I responded to this post with just a meme.

I'm pretty sure @Cesar R M replies to you whenever you post because he watches the threads you post in.

More like she started to post/troll/derail/belittle in many threads I have been on. It gets tiring in the long run.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom