The Park Formerly Known as Disney's Hollywood Studios? Yep ...

Matt_Black

I really hope some focus/theme and rebranded name is announced at D23 otherwise they may as well rename it...
View attachment 90890
I lack photoshop skills, so if someone smacks some Mickey ears on the top of this thing, it will be complete.

Fun fact- Prince actually adopted that symbol as a very clever way to get out of his recording contract at the time. His contract stated something that his name needed to be used in all advertising, so he came up with an unpronounceable symbol to frustrate the record company.

JEANYLASER

Bumping only to seek news... I've heard a few rumors regarding a heroes and villains tie-in with "Epic" possibly being in the name; but nothing definitive. Anyone hear anything else? Not related, but If that's true a strong case could be made for finally bringing The Incredibles into the fold with their own attraction.
I hope to see the Incredibles attraction at Disney's Hollywood studios!

JEANYLASER

The Incredible attraction will be perfect for Disney's Hollywood Studios. And any announcement about the new name change let in D23 expo?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Fun fact- Prince actually adopted that symbol as a very clever way to get out of his recording contract at the time. His contract stated something that his name needed to be used in all advertising, so he came up with an unpronounceable symbol to frustrate the record company.
Hmmm...I wonder if TWDC could use that tactic to get around the Marvel theme park rights in Florida.;)

RSoxNo1

I wonder if the topic has been broached with Universal about shared rights for the Marvel characters. It would be silly for Disney to try and produce a better Spider Man attraction, but it's not so ridiculous that they pay for rights to put Avengers themed attractions in the parks. Even a Hulk themed ride could work as a different ride concept than a Coaster.

Disneyhead'71

I wonder if the topic has been broached with Universal about shared rights for the Marvel characters. It would be silly for Disney to try and produce a better Spider Man attraction, but it's not so ridiculous that they pay for rights to put Avengers themed attractions in the parks. Even a Hulk themed ride could work as a different ride concept than a Coaster.
Disney and Universal have been talking a lot. MSHI will look different in the near future.

Rodan75

Disney and Universal have been talking a lot. MSHI will look different in the near future.

Wouldn't it be mind blowing for most ppl if TWDC allowed Uni to use MCU materials at MSHI and a refresh of the land was embraced by Marvel / Dis.

I think that is far more likely that Marvel becomes more involved in MSHI than TWDC buying back the rights.

Flippin'Flounder

God forbid. If someone wants to ride a Marvel-themed coaster or some such in Florida, they CAN GO TO UNIVERSAL.

Do you want the two parks to look alike now? Have the same attraction themes? Jeez...
You do realize that not everyone can take a vacation and spend an extra 100+ dollars per person plus hotel rooms and time off work/school so they can ride a couple of Disney rides in Universal. Also, I wouldn't mind if they had the same themes, I could go to Uni less that way.

Matt_Black

I could see Uni granting a deal to allow Disney the use of some characters that they have the film rights to, especially newer characters that Uni hasn't used yet (Guardians, Ant-Man, etc.).

Matt_Black

Relax man it was just a joke. No need to get so upset.

It's a good thing you didn't mention the Muppets, or he'd be all like this...

inside_out_03_anger_by_miacat7-d8a4fkj.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom