The only way Disney can beat Harry Potter

captainkidd

How is Star Tours dated when it has better projectors than FJ? :rolleyes:

It's a simulator. Dated ride technology. How can you compare the projectors? Star Tours is about 1/20th the scale.

Just trying to understand this - Are you saying that you believe Star Tours is a better attraction than FJ? Not "they're both great attractions in their own right", but that Star Tours is better than FJ?

Skibum1970

So, to get back on track, I would think that Disney can regain market share and beat UNI by one of two ways:

1: Devoted area for Lucasfilm: Use Star Wars, Indy, and other IP's from that area to create a niche park within a park. Bolster the area with a speeder bike coaster, dark ride for Indy, and at least one other new ride. Two E's and one D ticket should do it. Don't cheap out, either.

2. Pixar Place: Fully developed Pixar land. Again, build a few dark rides with RSR as well. Maybe even the Monsters Inc coaster. Don't cheap out.

Finally, put together a good maintenance program for the whole resort and bring it back to the level it should be. This means refurbing every park and keeping that level (not just a spit shine for one golden moment).

GeorgiaPinesRJB

So, to get back on track, I would think that Disney can regain market share and beat UNI by one of two ways:

1: Devoted area for Lucasfilm: Use Star Wars, Indy, and other IP's from that area to create a niche park within a park. Bolster the area with a speeder bike coaster, dark ride for Indy, and at least one other new ride. Two E's and one D ticket should do it. Don't cheap out, either.

2. Pixar Place: Fully developed Pixar land. Again, build a few dark rides with RSR as well. Maybe even the Monsters Inc coaster. Don't cheap out.

Finally, put together a good maintenance program for the whole resort and bring it back to the level it should be. This means refurbing every park and keeping that level (not just a spit shine for one golden moment).

I agree. I would like these things added to DHS and it would be a thorn in the side of UNI

WED99

And when you get off Maelstrom you're supposed to be in a Norwiegan Village, and they pull that off well. Doesn't mean it's even remotely on the same level as FJ.

This is a ridiculous discussion. Star Tours is a dated, even in it's new incarnation simulator ride that claims about a 30 minute wait on busy days. FJ is a world class attraction, thought by many theme park insides to be the greatest theme park attraction in the world, with waits that if you're lucky, are only 60 minutes long.
FJ was 20 minutes when I was there...
And really, Star Tours wasn't made by many skilled employees? I think you need to research some of this stuff bro. Maelstrom's theming is a mural on a wall, so it is not the same as FJ. Star Tours is multiple AA's, Interactive AA's and screens that put you in the story. So tell me, what does FJ theming have that star tours doesn't?

BryceM

And really, Star Tours wasn't made by many skilled employees? I think you need to research some of this stuff bro. Maelstrom's theming is a mural on a wall, so it is not the same as FJ. Star Tours is multiple AA's, Interactive AA's and screens that put you in the story. So tell me, what does FJ theming have that star tours doesn't?
The facade and the surroundings of the ride help boost the whole ride experience, in my opinion.

ThemeParks4Life

It's a simulator. Dated ride technology. How can you compare the projectors? Star Tours is about 1/20th the scale.

Just trying to understand this - Are you saying that you believe Star Tours is a better attraction than FJ? Not "they're both great attractions in their own right", but that Star Tours is better than FJ?

So I'm not allowed to have an opinion and like ST better?

ThemeParks4Life

A big white building that you're not supposed to see XD

The facade and the surroundings of the ride help boost the whole ride experience, in my opinion.
They need to bring back the Ewoks coming out to interact with the guests... they did it the first two years or so the ride was open and it was awesome...... now it hardly ever happens!

WED99

I agree with that one, the facade is nicer but Star Tours didn't get the chance to build up the experience with a land. So with that in mind Star Tours does well with it's facade to attract guests and make it clear that "This is Star Wars"

BryceM

A big white building that you're not supposed to see XD
The Haunted Mansion suffered this problem when Magic Kingdom first opened... Hopefully time/Universal taking immediate action fixes this. It's a major flaw, especially when you're in Jurassic Park.

And I think figured out that you're Dominick from Theme Park Insider! Hello! :D

ThemeParks4Life

The Haunted Mansion suffered this problem when Magic Kingdom first opened... Hopefully time/Universal taking immediate action fixes this. It's a major flaw, especially when you're in Jurassic Park.

And I think figured out that you're Dominick from Theme Park Insider! Hello! :D

So you figured out who I was, did you? ;)

GeorgiaPinesRJB

I'm aware there are some rude jackasses here that won't let you have an opinion.

Yeah. If you praise Disney or prefer Disney, you're a Pixie Duster. If you complain, you're a doom and gloomer. Granted, I have accused people of being doom and gloomers before...but some people and they way they, and what they, complain about is just absurd. No happy medium.

ThemeParks4Life

Yeah. If you praise Disney or prefer Disney, you're a Pixie Duster. If you complain, you're a doom and gloomer. Granted, I have accused people of being doom and gloomers before...but some people and they way they, and what they, complain about is just absurd. No happy medium.

But I prefer Disney and complain about them. What does that make me?

captainkidd

I'm talking about the exit village on Maelstrom, not the mural in the loading area. What AA's are there in Star Tours besides C3PO and R2D2? If I have to explain the brilliance of Hogwarts, then obviously this conversation is a moot point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom