Currently….
E6CC3281-B9F6-457B-8DB4-E9FB60FFA849.jpeg

More later.

I think it might rain. Imagine that☔😞

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
That room is so pretty!! Also, HOORAY for AP! I am crossing my fingers that I can still upgrade our tickets when we go in May. Setting the expectation that they'll stop selling them before we get there, but hoping for the best :hilarious:
It was really busy with dvc AP’s that day I was there. Keeping my fingers crossed for you!
I’m late, but very excited to follow along!!!
Not late. Not late at all.
So sorry to hear about the passing of your father. I'm glad you were able to spend time with your sister in your happy place.
Thank you so much and welcome.

TheMouseFan

I'm finally here! I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I hope you had a fantastic time with your sister. That room is beautiful. I've never really been interested in staying at The GF, but now I am! I was following along with the concert drama on Instagram, so can't wait to hear about the whole trip!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
So did you make it back home or are you stuck in Florida for days???
I made it back. The only NY bound plane to do so that evening. I guess that was good news🤷‍♀️
Which of you wore the dress and which stayed home??
Well, the plane from Rome was delayed…
😂
I'm finally here! I'm so sorry to hear about your father. I hope you had a fantastic time with your sister. That room is beautiful. I've never really been interested in staying at The GF, but now I am! I was following along with the concert drama on Instagram, so can't wait to hear about the whole trip!
Thank you very much. Nice to see you!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Well, here goes….

THURSDAY APRIL 13, 2023

My Southwest flight was at 5:55 am departing from the airport in my town. My middle son drove me and as a treat I got to see my oldest as he got ready to leave for work. He takes the 4:56 train into the city every morning so our paths do not usually cross.
I thought my flight was early, there was a flight BOARDING when I arrived.

No flight drama which was very welcomed because the day before, Wednesday, was a horrible day.
This Is Not Fun Season 4 GIF by Friends

The captain kept telling us we were going to hit turbulence. Over and over he would make the announcement. The flight attendants cleaned up early and sat. And sat. And we sat. Glad to report, I DO NOT need to use this gif….
Episode 5 Chandler GIF by Friends

😂

Landed early and headed to the Sunshine Flyer.
DFA0E25D-DB91-46C4-8D2F-F1AE196FEC75.jpeg

They were having a special and I think the ride cost me about $10. I will take it.

I took this picture from inside the bus, then I took the time to circle something so I could tell you all about it. What I DID NOT DO, was remember what the heck it was I circled. Not a clue.
0244A26F-184D-44A5-8F96-25DA55B47778.jpeg

Then I went online to see what was going on with the DVC AP sale which had started that morning.
74E97091-6F83-4864-AD15-FCF0985DA983.png

This is actually better than what I expected. I thought it would look more like this:
Fail Found Footage GIF by Eternal Family

However, I wanted to apply my previously purchased tickets so assumed a trip to guest services would be better to buy my AP.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
THURSDAY APRIL 13,2023 cont

I was the only one going to the Grand Floridian. We first stopped at SSR
I REMEMBER!!!
@riverside the picture from before, this one
1682188938102.jpeg

It’s at SSR. It’s Mark from Wisconsin our favorite bellman. I did not have a chance to say hello as we were on our way after that heading to POR and FQ.

(I feel better now)

When we were parked at POR the driver was switching out. The Disney guy working there came over to the bus and started hassling the two drivers telling them they had to move. We were not stopped under the covering, we were way off to the side and not blocking any traffic. I found it a rather unpleasant start to my time on property. The disney guy was really a jerk.

I disembarked at Grand Floridian and was under immediate pressure from bell services to check my bag. Then two women with ipads tried to get me to check my bags. I told them I was going inside to see what was going on. That seemed to bother them. Well, jokes on them because my room was ready!

season 4 immune to pressure GIF by Billions

I spoke to the CM checking me in and she suggested I go to guest services at MK vs DS because she heard they were nicer. I needed nice. But I also had a few questions about a trip in July so I wafted. In the end I took the monorail to MK vs a bus to DS. She could not help me with my July issues (to be fair I think they are more of a dvc thing) but boy did she hook me up.
I had already purchased my tix for July and I had a two day park hopper for this trip and I knew from previous inquiries a few years ago that you can not apply more than one set of tix to an AP. At least back then you could not and I can not imagine Disney has changed that because that benefits the customer, not them.

When i asked the GS CM if I could apply both sets of tickets she turned to the guy sitting next to her and asked him. He shrugged and said, “I guess. I would.”
BOOM!
C37F9ED7-845C-48D5-BAB8-4A91F1F1AD49.jpeg

I tried to make a park reservation for MK for that day but MDE was treating me like a AP holder and not a resort guest and I was trying everything and was just annoyed so….

Oscars Hollywood GIF by The Academy Awards

But first…
CE6B4CD6-D936-49D2-A35F-9DB1C701AE5F.jpeg

Attachments

• 1682190656062.jpeg
    1682190656062.jpeg
    258.1 KB · Views: 36

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
THURSDAY APRIL 13, 2023 cont

I boated back to GFV because the path was closed (they were doing work on one of the buildings near the walking path).
On the boat I tried to place an instacart order but it wasnt going through. I texted my sister and told her, either I ordered the groceries four times or we got nothing.

I was pretty hungry so I went to Gasparillas for a little something.
While waiting for my kids chicken strips:
27A31914-B327-4AE8-A70C-AACAAF134BA5.jpeg

I ate and drank and checked my instacart app…
Nothing.
Instead I texted my sister so she could stop on her way and pick up the items. We needed a few basics like water and breakfast and sunscreen. She lives about an hour and a half away but had to work.

I went to the bus stop and a Hollywood bus pulled up within a few minutes. Don’t you love when that happens? I feel like it is a good omen.
I tapped in and turned purple and green, love that 💜💚
It was packed, remember it was the tail end of the week after Easter and many kids were on vacation, my senior back home was! Star Tours had a 15 minute wait so I jumped in line then went to the Motherland….
981D8EE1-24E6-40CE-8B50-E5A1299ACBCC.jpeg

Baseline I love you!
But dang it if I couldnt get a charcuterie board because those chicken strips filled me up. Btw, charcuterie board is now $12.50, up from $10.00.

It was just after 2:00 so I thought I would skyline over to Epcot. Donald and Daisy were out saying hello
86F7C7DA-F9B4-473F-9CD6-FEC21BFE66ED.jpeg

BA50DB57-1D40-4955-BE77-FFE66EC1349D.jpeg

And I had to stop and get a popcorn bucket
CE3F44A0-18A4-4556-AB2F-5F1F7F547FEB.jpeg

I got right on the skyliner and then…
0B40AC72-6C21-4372-BCFF-2F73F9218F0A.png

I was stuck at the Caribbean Beach Resort station. I would have walked to the Riviera and had a drink there but it’s far and it was pouring. They called some buses for us. It was no longer raining but there was still lightning in the area so skyliner was still stopped.
700D18F6-7B78-4819-9FCE-C20F3369F3E6.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom