Trip Report THE ONE WITH THE FRIENDS IN FEBRUARY; Feb 16-23, 2019 *COMPLETE*

Hi all. Just returned from our February break trip and I can’t wait to share it with you!
First things first.....

THE WHO:
We have some friends we go away with every other February break.
In 2017 we did a Royal Caribbean cruise:

In 2015 we stayed in a grand villa at AKL:

And in 2013 we did the Disney Dream:

Sorry, no matching shirts. We were still feeling each other out😎

So who do we have?
( @Rista1313 pay attention!)

Me
Husband-Ant
Son-AJ, 15
Son-Dre, 13
We have another son, X, who was at school and did not come with us but makes a guest appearance, or two❤️

Our friends
J tall bald and male
L short blond and fun
3 out of their 4 kids
Son-T, 17
Son-R, 13
Daughter-H, 12
Their oldest is away at college.

THE WHERE
We stayed in the Saratoga Springs Treehouse villas. Love them!!! More later!

I think that is all you need to know for now.

2019!

Songbird76

Day 5/ Feb 21 cont

Then we headed to Toy Story Mania. T, high off his galactic hero performance at MK asked how to score high on this. I told him teamwork. By working together on the same target or two the value goes up higher faster. Teamwork. Not interested.
View attachment 356504

Yes please!
View attachment 356505

Here AJ was trying to annoy Mr. Potato head by eating potato chips right in front of him. Oh the humanity!!!
View attachment 356506

In line selfie
View attachment 356507

No one else would stop. They dont get it.
View attachment 356508

We had a little time in our schedule so we hit up Star Tours. Ant and L sat this one out.
I dont think I ever did standby line. It is so pretty.
View attachment 356509

View attachment 356510
I think T is googling how to max out on toy story mania. Ha ha

View attachment 356511

The ride was fine. Dont ask me where we went because, although, I enjoy the Star Wars movies, if I took the time to learn all that stuff something else would have to vacate my brain. (I would be like Kelly Bundy)

These were at the attraction formerly known at The Great Movie Ride.
Mary Poppins is one of my favorite movies. I couldnt see the remake. I consider it blasphemy.
View attachment 356512

View attachment 356513
Oh, the new Mary Poppins isn't a remake. It's set when Jane and Michael are adults and Mary comes back to take care of Michael's children. That being said, it's not nearly as good as the original, but it is cute. It kind of parallels the original, though....similar scenes/situations and characters, but slightly different.

Songbird76

Day 8/Feb

I shouldn't even call this a day because all we did was leave😞
But it was a day I got to see X’s beautiful face.
View attachment 357258

Ha ha!

One last look at the view.
View attachment 357256

One last look at the room.
View attachment 357257

One last photo with X.
View attachment 357259

Hug from littlest bro.
View attachment 357260

On the drive to Tampa.
View attachment 357261
Why was AJ upset that X was there? Wasn't he happy to see his brother? I'm glad you got to spend time with him, anyway.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Happy belated birthday!

That’s so great that you were able to get some bonus time with X on your trip.
Thank you so much!
I would have had more time with X but instead of their usual saturday morning practice his coach took them miniature golfing until 3. “Team Bonding” Really???

Ok. Now I get it. When I first looked at this post there was an add for Jersey Boys. I thought what the heck is Max thinking? I have never seen Jersey boys. Then I realized it was an add and the real post was the Fresh Prince.
Why was AJ upset that X was there? Wasn't he happy to see his brother? I'm glad you got to spend time with him, anyway.
Well, X and AJ are a little like oil and water. X knows all the buttons and delights in pushing them. All with an innocent smile on his face.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Conclusion

If I had to sum up our trip in one word it would be; great!!! We travel well with J, L and their kids. The kids get along. The parents get along. It’s easy and relaxing (most of the time). Celebrating J’s retirement was really special. Fun had by all!

The Treehouse villas were amazing! I only wish we had more down time to enjoy them. I especially liked how secluded they felt (they really weren’t).

It was my first time at Chef Mickey’s and I loved it. I am still dreaming of those waffles. Mmmmm.....

It was also our first time using the Car Care Center. It was easy, convenient and, in our case, cheaper!!! The workers were really nice too. We will look to them again on future trips.

Loved seeing my Dad. He isnt getting any younger (none of us are). Loved seeing X have the game of his life. And X’s bonus visit at the end of our stay was nice. He could just be my son, not the lax player or team mate or student that he usually is when we visit him at school or at road games.

Fireworks cruise do over was amazing. Again, I would recommend the regular cruise, (booked through 407 WDW-Play) not the dvc cruise (booked through 1 800 RIP OFF!) Great idea for a special occassion. BYOB!

Sea Raycers were a big hit with the kids. And I got 30 minutes to sit and have a drink by the water. Ahhhh.

Sci Fi was a new dining experience for us. I didn't love it. I didn't hate it. We might eat there again. We might not.

Tutto Italia was also a new dining experience and was absolutely delicious. I would go back there again-but not with the kids.

Beach Club Villas were a nice change of pace.
They really need to figure out their qs dining. It is the big stinky bad spot on an otherwise lovely resort.

I always take mental notes of things I wish I did or things I want to do again. On my next trip I hope I can get to some of the items on my list. I will continue to look to you all and your TR’s to enlighten me on things I never knew I wanted to do/experience.

Thanks to all for your reactions, comments and advice. I appreciate all of it!!!

Thank you for reading.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
What an excellent TR! I was amazed at how well things went, with so many people in your party. (Also, credit is due to you, for all your arrangements that helped to create a happy vacation for your dad, in particular.)

And I really liked the treehouse villas -- first report and updated photos I've seen about those. (I know they've been there for quite a few years, but haven't seen a TR about them.)

Thanks for sharing your wonderful vacation with all of us! ;)

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
thanks for the TR was great to read and watching all the pics. Seems like you had more than a great time!
Great TR again! Glad you got a do over!
Thanks again for sharing your adventure
This one went much better
I think not going at Christmas probably helped out as well
Looking forward to your next one and someday being able to meet you in person

Max
Another great TR. Glad this was one a little more relaxing than the last one.
Great report on a great trip! Loved seeing the Tree House Villa pictures. Will never stay there because I don't travel with a big group. I have always wondered what they were like, so now I know! Thanks for sharing your trip.
Loved the inside scoop on the Treehouses! You've definitely got a fun group to travel with!
Looks like a blast! Thank you for sharing!
Great trip report!! Lots of fun!! Thanks for sharing!!
Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I really enjoyed following along!

Thank you all for following along and for your 2 cents along the way!!! You all helped me relive a great trip and for that I am grateful.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom