The One Sentence Competition Retrospectives: Seasons 1-8

It's a Disney meme! Did I do this right?

Attachments

• Tumblr_l_249336692864395.jpg
    Tumblr_l_249336692864395.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 60

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
It's a Disney meme! Did I do this right?
An Owl House meme referencing Parks & Rec? You're gonna fit in perfectly here! the actual game should start in just a few days, right now these are just retrospectives on past games and some practice questions just for funsies. Feel free to join in whenever!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I don't know how many of you guys have seen this yet, but Park Lore has once again knocked it out of the park (pun intended)!

Honestly, this is giving me inspiration to go back and take a look at my Mirror Magic Kingdom. I'd like to add some of his amazing concepts to my own ideal MK!
Park Lore is amazing! Their site is easily one of the best out there and before I left Twitter they were one of my favorite people to follow there too! Their series on Park Paths is just so fascniating to me (It seems you need to a gold member to see it now on the site, but most of the maps and analysis is free on their Twitter if you dig for it. Although the fee to become a member is pretty reasonable for an independent site with no ads OR click bait plus there's a ton of bonus goodies. Can't recommend enough)

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The Haunted Mansion: A New Musical
I haven't seen the new movie, but I'm willing to bet a few musical numbers would've greatly improved it (although adding more song and dance numbers is my suggestion for nearly every movie ever lol)

Make a video game (maybe a rain gun shooter like kid icarus uprising) based on space mountain
Disney's Star Fox 64 would be an amazing direction to go for a Space Mountain ride. Especially if they added a VR version and a really campy fun Space Adventure Serial type story and characters

A Disney Junior series starring Figment seems like a no-brainer.
Figment is such an underutilized character in the larger Disney landscape and this really does seem like a no-brainer to
introduce the character to a new generation

I think a Big Thunder Mountain movie would have some potential. Fill up the cast with some good actors, modern Jumanji-style…could be entertaining.
Modern Jumanji is so much better than I think anyone expected it to be and that tone applied to a wild west adventure could be a real slam dunk!

Time Warp: Carousel of Progress

Father is near the end of his life with Alzheimer’s. Certain things will give him moments of clarity: coming across the old belted exercise machine in the basement sparks a vignette from decades ago. Opening the refrigerator in the kitchen flashes back to a family story from the day they got their first ice box. Seeing a dog outside reminds him of Rover (or was it ‘Sport?’) and another memory is fleshed out for us to experience with him. The smell of burned turkey sends him into a tailspin. Two songs compete in his head throughout.
A very dark take on it lol. But honestly despite the (I'm assuming) tongue in cheek nature of this proposal I could see it working really well as a Touchstone/Searchlight style more serious and adult take on it. Get a good actor and go full oscar bait with it. Could be a really moving film. It's not like kids are going to be that interested in the Carousel of Progress IP anyways haha

Thunder Mesa (working title), a video game based off of the mythos of both the scrapped Magic Kingdom complex and Disneyland Paris’s incarnation of Frontierland
I'm picturing something somewhere between Breath of the Wild, Red Dead, and Minecraft. Exploring these mountains and mines out on the edge of the frontier, building your own golden empire, butting heads with the Ravenswoods and Barnabus for control of the small town, uncovering the mysteries of the mountain, and battling the evil Phantom. My mind is racing with the possibilities!

Everyone took all the good ones so I propose a new cartoon, song of the so—— I’m kidding, I’m kidding. What I actually meant to say before my splashmountainfan side came out was a tower of terror movie (Scarlett Johansson needs to stay on her side, and I’ll stay on mine) yea tower of terror, I know unoriginal but the movie would be about, drumroll please (says to unpaid drummers that I had just found somewhere) tower of terror. That’s it. You might be asking what about the terror of tower, well it would be about a film crew entering the premises to explore for the missing people and are eventually trapped in the tower themselves (think of the haunted mansion but with a tower and in boring Hollywood rather than in humid but still 😎 Louisiana. No offense to anyone that lives in Hollywood, Florida but here take this letter from me. Only you can open it and if you tell anyone, well you’ll find out. Also the movie will contain one of the best songs ever made, shake it off by——- (Muppetsfan walks up to writer and slaps him because I am totally hiring someone to do the typing for me) No, just No. hello everyone, real Muppetsfan the song will be Sing, Sing, Sing by Benny Goodman.
A haunted house movie about a ghost hunters type show trying to film in the supposedly haunted remains of an old Hollywood landmark is a really strong premise. Add in a B-Plot story set in 1920s Hollywood showing what happened and cut between the two timelines. Has a lot of potential!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Maybe put a ducktales flat ride (like one of those six flags bucket blasters rides) in Toontown?
I always support more flat rides. Especially in more kid focused areas like Toontown!

A dark ride where you tour the Money Bin of Scrooge McDuck.
That could be really fun! And the type of dark ride that could work really well as just a simple tour past the treasures and vats of gold with some simple gags OR as an E-Ticket trackless dark ride adventure saving the bin from villains. Its an idea with a lot of flexibility!

Duck tales takes over Peter Pan (Muppetsfan here, this writer just doesn’t know when to quit with these dumb ideas) in actuality, the ride will be in a toontown area in Hollywood Studios that will be taking place in the money bin as the villains attack the bin.​
Scrooge McDuck and Peter Pan must fight to the DEATH

An updated toontown in studios is a perfect fit and a money bin ride is a great idea!

Tokyo’s Toontown is transformed into Duckburg, based on the Duck Comics by Carl Barks and the DuckTales series’ they spawned. Notable attractions include a D/E-ticket mine cart coaster, a shooter dark ride where guests must guard Scrooge’s Money Bin from a heist by the Beagle Boys, and a redesigned version of Donald’s Boat, the Miss Daisy.
More ducks is always a good idea and this sounds like it would really turn the kids area into a full fledged land that can stand alongside the rest of the park! A great way to revitalize it!

A Darkwing Duck adventure...never watched DuckTales (each version was before and after my time, respectively), but I always loved Darkwing Duck! Only saw like five episodes on Toon Disney during a couple trips to WDW, but a Darkwing Duck ride could be pretty cool for Tokyo's Toontown, showing the dark underbelly of the jolly place.
Darkwing Duck was always more my thing as a kid too. Ducktales was fun, but Darkwind Duck was the BEST! The 2017 show holds up pretty well watching it as an adult though. Not quite the same level as Gravity Falls or Owl House, but a very strong modern Disney show. Anyways, a darker (yet clearly still very goofy) side of Toontown would be a really fun thing to show off and has a LOT of potential!

Suchomimus

Thunder Mesa (working title), a video game based off of the mythos of both the scrapped Magic Kingdom complex and Disneyland Paris’s incarnation of Frontierland
Thunder Mesa Explorer can be best described as a Disney version of the Red Dead Redemption series. A combination of the cancelled Thunder Mesa complex, Big Thunder Mountain, and the original Rainbow Ridge area, this open world game follows Jason Chandler as he fights off against bandit gangs, explores the hidden Nature's Wonderland, and witnesses the fall of the Thunder Mesa Mining Company.
I swear that I did not see your version Walt before coming up with my submission.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Alas, I would love to make Waluigi Pinball real but since this is non-ip how about a machine themed to fast food (or mini golf themed to fast food)
Fast Food would be a really fun no-IP theme for something like this. Something so simple yet so relatable and goofy. Feels very Eisner Era Disney in a way too (which is a compliment in my book lol)

(writer looks to Muppetsfan to see what too right because he’s never been to Santa Monica, Muppetsfan shrugs since he has also, never been to Santa Monica or even California) I have never been to Santa Monica so I guess a FNAF pinball game
I'm wearing a fnaf shirt right now and watching videos of Help Wanted 2 while I write, so this idea definitely speaks to me lol. I've also never been to Santa Monica so I can't really speak to what would be a good fit, but this works for me!

A Muppets pinball game could be neat.
You can literally never have enough Muppets haha

Hmmm, I drove past Santa Monica Pier, stopped in the parking lot and took a picture with Mr. Met (I don't know why he was there, and I'm a Cubs fan so it didn't really change my life). But I didn't go into Pacific Park, so I don't know what really belongs there.

How about a pinball machine themed to the animated movie Robots, which I loved growing up. It has nothing to do with anything, but I want to spread the Robots-love.
Gotta love Robots. A real classic that really does not get enough love!

A golf course that we sink under the Pacific!
Everything Is Fine Goodbye GIF

Maybe a pinball machine with a turn-of-the-century theme?

Having said that, part of me was also more than swayed to pitch something or two for another prompt that caught my eye even more (concurred verily that DisneySky is a thing of beauty!)...

A series of die-cast vehicles modeled after the ride vehicles for such attractions as...
- DisneySky JetRail
- In an Ocean of Stars
- Flight to the Top of the World
- Mickey’s Plane Crazy
- Mt. Helios Funiculars
- IMPACT!
- Atomic Boneyard
- Avengers: Infinity Gaunlet
...and a motorized/remote-control JetRail playset, in the tradition of those for the Disneyland and Walt Disney World Monorails and Tokyo’s Disney Resort Line
I LOVE that you went ahead and did the DisneySky prompt! I almost did it here as I feel its the most unique prompt of that season, but worried it might be too niche now a few years out lol. Ride vehicle models and toys are some of my favorite bits of park merch so I support this whole heartedly!

The game would be called Cartoon Capers and would be themed to famous Silly Symphony and Mickey and Friends. Located in the Hollywood half of the park, these activities would involve clues that lead to props that reference those cartoon titles.

Oswald and Ortensia's Oceanic Odyssey is a 40 minute-long show where the two titular characters take a leisure cruise only to discover mystical and exotic locations, making new friends along the way.

Kotobuki Parade is a derby-race carousel located in the Japan Pavilion. Kotobuki is truly bizarre chimera, being a combination of all twelve animals of the Zodiac, with the ride vehicles being the individual animals of the Zodiac dressed ornately and inviting human riders to partake in the celebration.

Since Frontierland has no major draws, this would be the perfect place for Spirits of The Far West. This is a dark ride where guests board will board a horseless carriage brought to life by spirit guides as you venture from the ghost town that is Dry Gulch and set out on a hauntingly beautiful expedition to help bring peace to restless spirits with the help of the owl Hoot Gibson.

In place of Indiana Jones is Fire Mountain, a dueling roller coaster where riders choose to ride as two rival explorers who are in a race to discover the mountain's main diamond deposit first, only to enrage the spirits that call this mountain home and send riders hurling through haunted caverns and magma chambers.

Take the Eastern Star Railway from Harambe to the Gateway to the Red Sea, a brand new extension to Africa set in an Egyptian coastal village along the Red Sea. This land will include an aquarium with animals native to the Red Sea such lionfish and dugongs and a trail with North African animals such as camels and addaxes, as well as a splash pad, a terrain powered coaster themed to the North African Python and a Sky Fly themed to the Peregrine Falcon.

Located to the right of the Magic Kingdom's parking lot, Port Disney is the American take on Tokyo's DisneySea, with the park's icon being the towering Mt. Proteus. Making up the parks ports of call are, London Docklands (the entrance), Bucaneer Bay, San Francisco Wharf, Vulcania Base (in the center of the park), Nemo's Reef, Prehistoric Harbour (different from Dinoland USA as the prehistoric beasts are descendants of more familiar names such as Tyrannosaurus and Stegosaurus), Delta of the Red Dragon and Grecian Gulf.

As part of their Tomorrowland revamp, the Tomorrowland Peoplemover makes its way over to Tokyo Disneyland, curving high above the land's streets. The cars will be enclosed much like the old Disneyland counterpart and will go through many of the land's show buildings in an non-intrusive manner like the 2 US incarnations.

Celebrating Animal Kingdom's 30th anniversary, the Tree of Life is decorated with ornaments that represent animals real, ancient, and imagined. The animals that make up the roots and bark of the tree are also decorated in turquoise details.

Following the success of Coco, Santa Cecilia is built as this small but quaint mini-land with its highlight being Coco: Miguel's Musical Journey, a highly advanced suspended dark ride following the story of Coco. Additional offerings here include Riveria's Familia de Zapateros where authentic handcrafted shoes are made and Elena's, where Miguel's grandmother serves authentic Mexican homestyle meals.

Replacing the current JiI is a suspended dark ride called The Arts of Imagination. Three masters of the arts; one for the medium of musical art, the medium of visual arts, and the medium of written arts and all named after famous people who contributed to Disney's history; have come together to present the world with the intention of inspiring others to dream up wonderful ideas and enjoy the beauty of the human mind, with each room showcasing the majesty of each medium like never before.

Muppets Menagerie of Madness is a tea cups style ride where guests board boats destined to be loaded with Muppet-style creatures before chaos erupts when Bunsen's own experimental airship creates a storm within the storehouse!

Davy Crockett and the River Pirates is an indoor rapids ride that replaces the other half of the long abandoned Nature's Wonderland section where Bear Country and Cascade Peak used to be. This ride captures the thrills of Davy Crockett and Mike Fink's race off and their fight against the pirates, and as well would serve as an in-between for Pirates of the Caribbean and Splash Mountain/Tiana's Bayou Adventure.

Coming to Blizzard Beach is Glacial Gusher, a raft slider like Crush N' Gush. Complete with this version is an indoor cave portion where riders float past multicolored ice crystals before plunging down the final drop.

A new version of the Magic Bands that light up during in-sync with key visual moments during nighttime shows such as fireworks going off.

"Could you folks keep your eyes peeled for a red box of animal crackers? It was given to me as a promotion for not crashing the boat in... *notices the box, floating on a piece of ship wreckage surrounded by crocodiles.* Ah, now I just feel crumby inside."

Thunder Mesa Explorer can be best described as a Disney version of the Red Dead Redemption series. A combination of the cancelled Thunder Mesa complex, Big Thunder Mountain, and the original Rainbow Ridge area, this open world game follows Jason Chandler as he fights off against bandit gangs, explores the hidden Nature's Wonderland, and witnesses the fall of the Thunder Mesa Mining Company.

Lucky Dime Cafe is a retheme of the Existing Huey, Dewey, and Louie's Good Time Cafe to the 2017 series. Along the walls and shelves are mementos from some of the series' most well known and beloved (mis)adventures.

Sweet Rewards is a mini-golf course themed to Big Rock Candy Mountain. Putt your way around this sugary oasis to the Castle of the Chocolate Chili Cookie Countess.
I adore that you did this big catch up and it's always nice to see the forum's master of memes pop up in threads

• A mystery themed scavenger hunt where you have to figure out what cartoon is being referenced is a perfect idea for the park! especially since the current centerpiece of the Hollywood section is a Mickey Mouse ride
  • Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is perhaps my favorite Disney character and it would be great to see him and Ortensia more. Plus, the cruise to mysterious islands is a great utilization of the unique feature of the Fantasmic theater
  • Sounds like a great way to use a flat ride both to add some extra fun and energy to land while also using it to showcase the myths and culture of a country!
  • Like you said, Frontierland needed something like this (arguably it still kinda does) and this sort of blend of Western river Expedition with haunted Mansion would be an excellent addition
  • Yes! Love it! Would be a truly great new coaster for a park that needs it
  • Egypt is such a great concept for a mini-land like this with some amazing options for wildlife that is often overlooked when discussing DAK
  • This is a great spiritual successor to DisneySEA, but done in a way where it truly could stand on its own and doesn't feel like a copy or rip off (like Paris Studios does to Hollywood Studios at times). Love it! All the lands sound so realistic yet also so fantastical!
  • Always love a PeopleMover
  • This sound simple, elegant, lovely, and practical. Great idea!
  • Coco has so much potential for the parks and this would be a great way to adapt the film!
  • Love the more broad nature here showcasing what can be done with imagination!
  • A very fun utilization of Muppets in DAK!
  • Sounds like a blast! This would go a long way to rounding out Frontierland
  • Crush n Gusher is such a fun ride, I would love to see a spiritual successor like this be built in Blizzard Beach!
  • Magic Band+ actually does this! In theory at least if you can get it to hold a charge and properly sync to your phone lol
  • *Insert gif of me laughing*
  • Thunder Mountain was a surprisingly very popular pick for an adaptation and I whole heartedly agree that it would work really well as a video game like this!
  • the 2017 version of Ducktales did so much to evolve the characters that it really would be a shame to not see that evolution incorporated alongside the classic Mickey &Friends. Adding the more modern versions of the triplets to Toontown would be a great start!
  • Candy Mountain is a great setting for a mini-golf course and would be really fun to see! Just watch out for your kidneys (That's a Charlie the Unicorn reference for everyone who wasn't a middle schooler in 2006)

Challenges I missed.

JC Joke: “Here, we are proud to feature the one kind of animal nowhere else in this report has… but I don’t have a clue what that kind is.”

Media Adpstation of a ride: America Sings becomes a game similar to Rhythm Heaven, with quick minigames based around American pop hits and folk favorites.

Ducktales in the Parks: Tokyo DisneySea gains a new section, none other than The Moon, which is primarily based on the 2017 Ducktales, but also features Marvel’s Moon Knight making an appearance.
  • *Insert gif of me laughing*
  • It's honestly shocking to me that we haven't really seen many Disney music games. This would be a really fun way to do one!
  • The Moon! This would be fantastic and while I don't know exactly how Moon Knight would fit (my knowledge of the character comes almost exclusively from the D+ series) I will take an excuse for more Moon Knight!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

EDIT:

Hello, fellow Armchair Imagineers!
Welcome back to the One Sentence Competition!
The "Elevator Pitch" Game Returns

6Gki3uL.png

For those of you who don't know, the One Sentence Competition is a fun, casual competition

There are no eliminations and no large time commitment involved!

You can drop in or drop out at anytime and prompts should not take very long. It is designed to be easy to do alongside school, work, and other games (Like the fabulous @Dark PerGron's Manor of Mysteries)

U0q1uVt.png

This competition is built on simplicity

Your responses can only be 1-3 sentences long and can only include 1 picture

No videos or websites or essays or other fancy stuffs

giphy.gif

This is nicknamed the "Elevator Pitch" Competition! It isn't about full presentations or trying to use run on sentences to add as much detail as possible, the key to winning is 2 things: A Good Idea and Communicating that Idea Effectively & Efficiently

It is entirely possible that 3 words, if they communicate all I need to know, could beat a five paragraph run one sentence with hand drawn art. So, there is no reason to feel nervous or intimidated. Detail isn't what wins, which puts everyone on equal footing no matter their experience level or availability!

uPN9oLF.jpg

I'm your host for the grand return after nearly a full year's absence with Episode 1 of Season 9 which will have 10 Imagineering Prompts over roughly a month and a half.

Each response will receive a short review with encouragement and constructive criticism.
Everyone who participates will get 1 point. Then, the top three will receive bronze (2 points), silver (also 2 points), and gold (3 points) medals. Plus, each round will have an "Honorable Mention" for an idea that excels in one area that deserves a special shout out, but wasn't in the top 3 overall for whatever reason. (And don't be shocked if there are more surprises along the way!)

vbwUC0u.png

Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins bragging rights and first dibs to host the next Episode (If they want to)! The competition aspect really isn't the focus though. This is meant to just be a fun time!

Simple enough for new comers, but rewarding enough for veterans

A great way to start in the imagineering forums, to relax a bit between bigger competitions, or just to have a good time and use your imagination a bit!

Episode 1 begins December 18th (11/18/23)
(Possibly give or take a day)

giphy.gif

I'll be posting retrospectives for the past 21 Episodes from over the last 10 years in the lead up to the game! And sharing my favorite prompts from those seasons as some general discussion questions

If you're interested, share a Disney Meme to sign up!
(Or just say "I'm in" or whatever. It's up to you if you want to be boring instead :p )
(Also, you don't actually have to sign up, you can come and go as you want haha)

6Gki3uL.png

Links to Previous Episodes

Season 1

Episode 1

Season 2
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4 - What If?

Season 3
Episode 1 - Back to Basics
Episode 2 - Create & Evolve
Episode 3 - Channel Chasers
Episode 4 - Choices

Season 4
Episode 1 - The Disney Year
Episode 2 - Around the World in 60 Days
Episode 3 - Clash of the Titans
Episode 4 - Double the Trouble Edition

Season 5
Episode 1 - The Anti-Park
Episode 2 - The Disney Decades
Episode 3 - Castle Park

Season 6
Episode 1 - The Soft Reboot
Episode 2 - Opening the Vault
Episode 3 - California Adventure

Season 7
Platinum Edition
The Disney Decade

Season 8
Summer Fun
Holiday Fun

Season 9
Episode 1 - Pitching Elevators (COMING VERY SOON!)

Retrospectives on Past Seasons

Season 1
Episode 1

Season 2
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4 - What If?

Season 3
Episode 1 - Back to Basics
Episode 2 - Create & Evolve
Episode 3 - Channel Chasers
Episode 4 - Choices

Season 4
Episode 1 - The Disney Year
Episode 2 - Around the World in 60 Days
Episode 3 - Clash of the Titans
Episode 4 - Double the Trouble Edition

Season 5
Episode 1 - The Anti-Park
Episode 2 - The Disney Decades
Episode 3 - Castle Park

Season 6
Episode 1 - The Soft Reboot

Episode 2 - Opening the Vault
Episode 3 - California Adventure

Season 7
Platinum Edition

The Disney Decade

Season 8
Summer Fun

Holiday Fun
So, it seems when I made the post my math was slightly off.

Would you all like me to post the last three Retrospectives tongiht at midnight and then start the main game on the 18th still? Or would you rather keep doing 1 Retrospective a day and start the main game on the 20th?

Miru

For the mini golf prompt, how about a Megaman X mini-golf course, with each hole representing a game in the series, from X1-X8, as well as the Xtreme games (both as one hole) & Command Mission, each hole being themed to the iconic “subvillains” of each game, though in a twist of fate, X1 is the final hole due to only having recurring villains Vile & Sigma, rather than any more unique subvillains to fight against.

For the float thing, it’ll be an Owl House float prominently tributing Luz and Amity, the centerpiece of the first ever Disneyland Pride Parade!!

ThemeParkPriest

So, it seems when I made the post my math was slightly off.

Would you all like me to post the last three Retrospectives tongiht at midnight and then start the main game on the 18th still? Or would you rather keep doing 1 Retrospective a day and start the main game on the 20th?
I didn’t have the 18th on my radar, so I think it would be fine to wait til the 20th.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey my first ever 1SC! Anyways I did a Moana float there, so how about a raya float here?
Raya is a very underrated film that I hope is able to escape the shadow of when it was released and finally find an audience after the fact the way Atlantis did. It would make a great float

Haunted mansion 2023 float, this is literally just an excuse to put haunted mansion in the electrical parade
I always approve of more Haunted Mansion and I love a good loop hole

Wish, with fiber-optic stars and that wisecracking goat standing on a rock or something.
I'll be honest. I hated Wish. Like it might be my least favorite animated Disney film ever. BUT the visuals are amazing and the Wishes and the Star would make an astounding Electrical parade float!
Bing Bong’s wagon (Inside Out), riding on a lane of fiber-optic memories
This would be a super fun way to do Inside Out!

A Rapunzel float with her hair somehow connected to the lighting sequence so that it can light up ("Flower gleam and glow...")
I love when the characters are tied to the float this way. Sorta like a new take on Tinkerbell flying in Spectromagic!

Wreck-It Ralph would have its float themed to Fix-It Felix Jr where the apartment looks to be partially demolished, and the windows display 8-bit versions of the Nicelanders dancing in sync to the music.
Wreck-it-Ralph is a perfect fit for a nighttime parade. I'd love to see this!

For the mini golf prompt, how about a Megaman X mini-golf course, with each hole representing a game in the series, from X1-X8, as well as the Xtreme games (both as one hole) & Command Mission, each hole being themed to the iconic “subvillains” of each game, though in a twist of fate, X1 is the final hole due to only having recurring villains Vile & Sigma, rather than any more unique subvillains to fight against.

For the float thing, it’ll be an Owl House float prominently tributing Luz and Amity, the centerpiece of the first ever Disneyland Pride Parade!!
Mega Man and Owl House, it's like you're trying to butter me up lol.

But seriously Megaman mini-golf is such a cool idea! And an Owl House Electrical Parade float that could double as a Pride Float for the Pride Nights would be perfect! Disney missed their window to capitalize off Gravity Falls, they should be jumping on Owl House before it loses steam too. Plus, it's great to celebrate one of the very very few canon queer couples in Disney history!

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
1SC Retrospective
Season 7, Episode 2 - The Disney Decade

l8dOF2Q.jpeg

Hosted by: @spacemt354
Started on: November 18th, 2021
Won by: @Suchomimus

Season 7 wasn't really an official season, but for the sake of keeping this organized, what I'm calling season 7 ended with a low key, relaxed season over the holidays

This episode saw the return of @spacemt354 as host. This was a much more low key and small scale Episode by Space's standards, but it was perfect for a one sentence season over the holidays. This wasn't meant to be a stand out season, it was meant to be a fun, casual way to stay connected for Space and the players during a busy time of year. It did its job perfectly! Even featuring an ongoing tie in to another game of sorts by @NateD1226 (More on that in a bit) to encourage newcomers and veterans alike to get more and more connected with the forum. This place has always been a very welcoming community and many friendships have been formed. Casual games like the 1SC are such a great entry point to the larger Imagineering family and Space has always understood the importance of that.

The theme was aver nostalgic look back to Eisner's Disney Decade of the 1990s! With a look back to the many beloved, hated, and cancelled projects of the era. Some rounds featured prompts that took place in never built Disney parks that were meant for the decade like WestCOT. Others leaned into the criticisms of IRL projects to try to fix them. It was a wonderfully creative theme for the Episode without ever being too over the top that it alienated people.

The bonuses were super fun for this episode in that they broke the 4th wall so to speak. You didn't get a bonus point for anything you did IN the One Sentence Comp. You got it for participating in The Proposals. The Proposals was not a competition, but a simple game where every day for a month the host, the wonderful @NateD1226, would post a new prompt for people to propose something for. They could just do a sentence, they could write an essay. Either way worked! Sorta like what we've been doing here alongside the Retrospectives. For every 1SC prompt, @spacemt354 would give a bonus point for submitting an idea in the Proposals thread!

This Episode is a perfect example of how the One Sentence Comp can be the perfect gateway into becoming a member of this wonderful community! Something I'll keep in mind as we head into the future.

Check out the Disney Decade here!

As a Discussion Question for today, let's look at my favorite prompt from The Disney Decade!

"1992: Design a quick service restaurant anywhere throughout the newly opened Disneyland Paris, ideally with great views for the guests to show offs the park's lovely scenery that it is known for."

Brer Panther

"1992: Design a quick service restaurant anywhere throughout the newly opened Disneyland Paris, ideally with great views for the guests to show offs the park's lovely scenery that it is known for."
A Pete's Dragon-themed bakery in Fantasyland called Brazzle Dazzle Bakery, with murals depicting scenes from the film and a few hints that Elliot might be hiding in the rafters.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom