The One Sentence Competition Retrospectives: Seasons 1-8

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

EDIT:

Hello, fellow Armchair Imagineers!
Welcome back to the One Sentence Competition!
The "Elevator Pitch" Game Returns

6Gki3uL.png

For those of you who don't know, the One Sentence Competition is a fun, casual competition

There are no eliminations and no large time commitment involved!

You can drop in or drop out at anytime and prompts should not take very long. It is designed to be easy to do alongside school, work, and other games (Like the fabulous @Dark PerGron's Manor of Mysteries)

U0q1uVt.png

This competition is built on simplicity

Your responses can only be 1-3 sentences long and can only include 1 picture

No videos or websites or essays or other fancy stuffs

giphy.gif

This is nicknamed the "Elevator Pitch" Competition! It isn't about full presentations or trying to use run on sentences to add as much detail as possible, the key to winning is 2 things: A Good Idea and Communicating that Idea Effectively & Efficiently

It is entirely possible that 3 words, if they communicate all I need to know, could beat a five paragraph run one sentence with hand drawn art. So, there is no reason to feel nervous or intimidated. Detail isn't what wins, which puts everyone on equal footing no matter their experience level or availability!

uPN9oLF.jpg

I'm your host for the grand return after nearly a full year's absence with Episode 1 of Season 9 which will have 10 Imagineering Prompts over roughly a month and a half.

Each response will receive a short review with encouragement and constructive criticism.
Everyone who participates will get 1 point. Then, the top three will receive bronze (2 points), silver (also 2 points), and gold (3 points) medals. Plus, each round will have an "Honorable Mention" for an idea that excels in one area that deserves a special shout out, but wasn't in the top 3 overall for whatever reason. (And don't be shocked if there are more surprises along the way!)

vbwUC0u.png

Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins bragging rights and first dibs to host the next Episode (If they want to)! The competition aspect really isn't the focus though. This is meant to just be a fun time!

Simple enough for new comers, but rewarding enough for veterans

A great way to start in the imagineering forums, to relax a bit between bigger competitions, or just to have a good time and use your imagination a bit!

Episode 1 begins December 18th (11/18/23)
(Possibly give or take a day)

giphy.gif

I'll be posting retrospectives for the past 21 Episodes from over the last 10 years in the lead up to the game! And sharing my favorite prompts from those seasons as some general discussion questions

If you're interested, share a Disney Meme to sign up!
(Or just say "I'm in" or whatever. It's up to you if you want to be boring instead :p )
(Also, you don't actually have to sign up, you can come and go as you want haha)

6Gki3uL.png

Links to Previous Episodes

Season 1

Episode 1

Season 2
Episode 1
Episode 2
Episode 3
Episode 4 - What If?

Season 3
Episode 1 - Back to Basics
Episode 2 - Create & Evolve
Episode 3 - Channel Chasers
Episode 4 - Choices

Season 4
Episode 1 - The Disney Year
Episode 2 - Around the World in 60 Days
Episode 3 - Clash of the Titans
Episode 4 - Double the Trouble Edition

Season 5
Episode 1 - The Anti-Park
Episode 2 - The Disney Decades
Episode 3 - Castle Park

Season 6
Episode 1 - The Soft Reboot
Episode 2 - Opening the Vault
Episode 3 - California Adventure

Season 7
Platinum Edition
The Disney Decade

Season 8
Summer Fun
Holiday Fun

Season 9
Episode 1 - Pitching Elevators

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hello, fellow Armchair Imagineers!
Welcome back to the One Sentence Competition!
The "Elevator Pitch" Game Returns

6Gki3uL.png

For those of you who don't know, the One Sentence Competition is a fun, casual competition

There are no eliminations and no large time commitment involved!

You can drop in or drop out at anytime and prompts should not take very long. It is designed to be easy to do alongside school, work, and other games (Like the fabulous @Dark PerGron's Manor of Mysteries)

U0q1uVt.png

This competition is built on simplicity

Your responses can only be 1-3 sentences long and can only include 1 picture

No videos or websites or essays or other fancy stuffs

giphy.gif

This is nicknamed the "Elevator Pitch" Competition! It isn't about full presentations or trying to use run on sentences to add as much detail as possible, the key to winning is 2 things: A Good Idea and Communicating that Idea Effectively & Efficiently

It is entirely possible that 3 words, if they communicate all I need to know, could beat a five paragraph run one sentence with hand drawn art. So, there is no reason to feel nervous or intimidated. Detail isn't what wins, which puts everyone on equal footing no matter their experience level or availability!

uPN9oLF.jpg

I'm your host for the grand return after nearly a full year's absence with Episode 1 of Season 9 which will have 10 Imagineering Prompts over roughly a month and a half.

Each response will receive a short review with encouragement and constructive criticism.
Everyone who participates will get 1 point. Then, the top three will receive bronze (2 points), silver (also 2 points), and gold (3 points) medals. Plus, each round will have an "Honorable Mention" for an idea that excels in one area that deserves a special shout out, but wasn't in the top 3 overall for whatever reason. (And don't be shocked if there are more surprises along the way!)

vbwUC0u.png

Whoever has the most points at the end of the game wins bragging rights and first dibs to host the next Episode (If they want to)! The competition aspect really isn't the focus though. This is meant to just be a fun time!

Simple enough for new comers, but rewarding enough for veterans

A great way to start in the imagineering forums, to relax a bit between bigger competitions, or just to have a good time and use your imagination a bit!

Episode 1 begins December 18th (11/18/23)
(Possibly give or take a day)

giphy.gif

I'll be posting retrospectives for the past 21 Episodes from over the last 10 years in the lead up to the game! And sharing my favorite prompts from those seasons as some general discussion questions

If you're interested, share a Disney Meme to sign up!
(Or just say "I'm in" or whatever. It's up to you if you want to be boring instead :p )
(Also, you don't actually have to sign up, you can come and go as you want haha)

6Gki3uL.png

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Welcome. Something similar was also my 1st comp all the way back in the summer of 2022!
Same for me! I got my start here with the One Sentence Comp back when I was in college and looking for a way to procrastinate homework lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom