The One Sentence Competition Retrospectives: Seasons 1-8

Rock N Roller Coasting Through Christmas - Santa got stuck in a chimney and needs your help to deliver presents across LA! Thankfully the swing-revival band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy has a rocket-powered limousine that can take you 0-58 in 2.8 seconds and they offer to help you make it all around the city in time, while listening to their high-powered Christmas song "Christmas is Starting Now" from Phineas and Ferb.

DisneyManOne

No wonder it's taken so long for them to bring back Voyage of the Little Mermaid...

They're completely revitalizing it from head to toe! At least in this version, we'll get "Kiss the Girl." Hopefully, we'll also get an actual climax with Prince Eric fighting a giant puppet Ursula, instead of the rushed-through film clip rehashing from the original show.

Lord Fozzinator

In the Parks
No
No wonder it's taken so long for them to bring back Voyage of the Little Mermaid...

They're completely revitalizing it from head to toe! At least in this version, we'll get "Kiss the Girl." Hopefully, we'll also get an actual climax with Prince Eric fighting a giant puppet Ursula, instead of the rushed-through film clip rehashing from the original show.

I got excited for a second but then I realized it was the show at Hollywood studios and not the attraction

cdunlap

"Overlay the Halls: Design a new holiday overlay for any attraction at any theme park."
The Gran Fiesta Tour takes guests through the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan during the festival of Panquetzaliztli, which falls on December 21 and celebrates the sun god Huitzilopochtli. The ride's narration will be returned to the Aztec priest from the beginning of GFT's predecessor El Rio Del Tiempo and the Aztec Dancer will return to her screen at the beginning. The rest of the screens will show new footage of Aztec dances and the scenes will be overlaid with Aztec facades.

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes

main-qimg-4842a9b84b4d7ac92c13a7ac90e1919a

As long as there are still puppets I'm happy lol

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Mickeyโ€™s PhilharMagic receives a wintery overlay for Christmas, with scenes taking inspiration from โ€œOnce Upon a Wintertimeโ€ (from Melody Time), Winnie the Pooh and Tigger Too, Prep & Landing, and Frozen.
Holiday versions of PhilarMagic is such no brainer slam dunk of an idea that I'm continuously shocked that it doesn't exist in real life!

How about an overlay for either (or both) of the SWGE attractions?
A Life Day mission in the Millenium Falcon would be a blast!

The tiki room but with Christmas songs or a muppet vision holiday overlay
I would love both of those! These ideas feel custom made for me haha

The Haunted Mansion at WDW gets haunted by the evil spirits of winter from all sorts of world cultures!
Ooooooo I see ideas for versions of Haunted Mansion Holiday pretty regularly on the forums. But it isn't often I see one that isn't either Krampus or Nightmare before Christmas. This would be a very fun and very unique take on the concept

Muppet-Vision 3D gets a holiday overlay about the Muppets putting on some sort of big Christmas spectacular - but in 3D!
I always approve of more Muppets. Particularly at Christmas time! And in 3333DDDDD!

Rock N Roller Coasting Through Christmas - Santa got stuck in a chimney and needs your help to deliver presents across LA! Thankfully the swing-revival band Big Bad Voodoo Daddy has a rocket-powered limousine that can take you 0-58 in 2.8 seconds and they offer to help you make it all around the city in time, while listening to their high-powered Christmas song "Christmas is Starting Now" from Phineas and Ferb.

That would be a blast! That song with some minor editing of pacing to match the track layout would be an amazing roller coaster soundtrack!

The Gran Fiesta Tour takes guests through the Aztec capital of Tenochtitlan during the festival of Panquetzaliztli, which falls on December 21 and celebrates the sun god Huitzilopochtli. The ride's narration will be returned to the Aztec priest from the beginning of GFT's predecessor El Rio Del Tiempo and the Aztec Dancer will return to her screen at the beginning. The rest of the screens will show new footage of Aztec dances and the scenes will be overlaid with Aztec facades.
The Festival of Panquetzaliztli might not be a particularly commonly celebrated holiday, but the cultural showcase angle fits EPCOT nicely and the El Rio Del Tiempo throwback would be very welcome for retro epcot fans. I might prefer GFT, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for El Rio

cdunlap

The Festival of Panquetzaliztli might not be a particularly commonly celebrated holiday, but the cultural showcase angle fits EPCOT nicely and the El Rio Del Tiempo throwback would be very welcome for retro epcot fans. I might prefer GFT, but I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for El Rio
I would literally pitch this to Disney if I knew how!

Suchomimus

The official challenge may have started but let me finish these.
"1992: Design a quick service restaurant anywhere throughout the newly opened Disneyland Paris, ideally with great views for the guests to show offs the park's lovely scenery that it is known for."
Located in Discoveryland, Vulcan Smokehouse is a quick-service restaurant that specializes in; you guessed it; savory smoked goods. The interior includes sandstone flooring, a faux furnace that slowly cooks poultry and choices cuts of meat as the bellows keep the fire lit and a brass relief of the Roman God of fire working on his smith above the ordering, while the exterior seating area is built on a large rock that overlooks the lagoon with the Nautilus.
"The Summer Blockbuster: Design a new nighttime spectacular hosted on the Chinese Theater in Disney's Hollywood Studios."
It All Started With A Mouse celebrates the friend for you and me, looking back at some of Mickey Mouse's best roles from when the studio first began from Steamboat Willie and Karnival Kid to Through the Mirror and The Little Whirlwind, culminating with the many incarnations coming together and merging to form the mouse we all know and love now.
"Overlay the Halls: Design a new holiday overlay for any attraction at any theme park."
The High in the Sky Jolly Train Ride is here to spread the Christmas spirit around Seuss Landing. With the trains all decorated, and presents and ornaments along the way too, this festive overlay is festively oustanding.

Last edited:

Pi on my Cake

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
The official challenge has started but let me do these.

Located in Discoveryland, Vulcan Smokehouse is a quick-service restaurant that specializes in; you guessed it; savory smoked goods. The interior includes sandstone flooring, a faux furnace that slowly cooks poultry and choices cuts of meat as the bellows keep the fire lit and a brass relief of the Roman God of fire working on his smith above the ordering, while the exterior seating area is built on a large rock that overlooks the lagoon with the Nautilus.

It All Started With A Mouse celebrates the friend for you and me, looking back at some of Mickey Mouse's best roles from when the studio first began from Steamboat Willie and Karnival Kid to Through the Mirror and The Little Whirlwind, culminating with the many incarnations coming together and merging to form the mouse we all know and love now.

The High in the Sky Jolly Train Ride is here to spread the Christmas spirit around Seuss Landing. The trains are all decorated, with presents and ornaments along the way too, this festive overlay is festively oustanding.
Vulcan Smokehouse reminds me a lot of a sort of updated, recontextualized, and more fire themed version of Mythos at Islands of Adventure. Taking one of the all time best theme park restaurants and making it better is definitely a good idea in my book!

Its kinda of shocking to me that there hasn't been a really "Mickey" themed nighttime show. This sounds like a great way to do it that still feels distinctly "Studios"

The High in the Sky Suess Trolley Train Ride is an underrated gem and I truly believe that the only reason it isn't as well regarded as the PeopleMover is that the trains aren't that comfy to sit in (and one of the random narrations you can get can be kinda annoying lol). A holiday overlay would be so easy and add a lot to the Grinchmas theme of the land

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom