The "ONE" Ride or Attraction You Would Love to See RETURN

danstadnik

Horizons!
Just watched Martin's Ultimate Tribute vid... Why they couldn't have updated that ride is beyond me. Yes, the future parts were pretty dated by the mid 90's, but with swapping out a few AA's for newer ones, changing some of the costumes, and a few other relatively minor updates, it could have been made fresh every 5 years or so.
And for the record, my numbers 2 & 3 would also come from Future World - The original Living Seas and World of Motion... I was 10 the first time I went to WDW in 1985, and Future World to me was the ULTIMATE realization of all my boyhood fantasies, so there's my bias!

Buried20KLeague

I'd like to say 20k, but I can't because you can at least SORT OF ride something similar at Disneyland with the subs there. And SORT OF ride something similar at Tokyo Disney Sea.

I'd like to say Mr Toad... But you can still ride that elsewhere, too. So I won't waste my vote there either.

It's gotta be Horizons. Gotta be. An updated version, obviously.

Spike-in-Berlin

Until a few weeks my answer would have been the real, the traditional the only true Tiki Room but as it is definitely coming back my answer is the same like most here: HORIZONS! The epitomic ride of EPCOT and I will never understand why Disney got completely rid of it. I know, the sinkhole. Well if the sinkhole was such a problem why did they build M:S at the exact same location?
Horizons was the most elaborate and versatile attraction WDI ever designed and it will always be remembered.

Disney4aLifetim

I would do anything to ride Adventure Thru Inner Space again. I have such stand-out memories of that ride, from over 30 years ago when I was a kid! From the giant eye ball looking down at you to the queue line display of the tiny Disney guests being shrunk in their buggies! Love it!

Ken

Disney4aLifetim

non-ride suggestion

OH! and bring back the mermaids sitting in the lagoon waving at guests.. It was over long before I was even born, but I would sure love to see that in person.

Mr Wizard

As cornball basic as the effects were even 30 years ago it's gotta be 20K. I mean where else could you ride in something as cool looking as those subs?

Lee

Adventurer
This...
adventurers_club3.jpg

MKCP 1985

As cornball basic as the effects were even 30 years ago it's gotta be 20K. I mean where else could you ride in something as cool looking as those subs?

Monorail. :lookaroun

The subs looked much more cool than the ride actually was. Bring back the subs and leave the ride in Davey Jones' locker.

I'd love to see Mr. Toad return to the Magic Kingdom one day. :king:

Clever Name

You're kidding, right?

Enchanted Tiki Room - Under New Management was a complete smorgasbord of great comedic talent and voice over artists. The old show (Tropical Serenade) had a very small crew of performers including Wally Boag, Fulton Burley, Ernie Newton and Thurl Ravenscroft. It was a good show for its time, but its time has long passed and Disney wisely retired the worn out old show.

The new show is nothing short of brilliant! They got rid of Ernie Newton as Pierre which is a plus IMO because Ernie didn’t carry off the role very well. He was replaced with Jerry Orbach who carries off the role perfectly! Wally Boag, Fulton Burley and Thurl Ravenscroft repeat their roles and then we are treated to the comic genius of Don Rickles, Phil Hartman and Gilbert Gotfried. The show is enhanced by the superb acting skills of both Michael Gough and Armelia McQueen.

The original show was very good back in 1963 but was allowed to go rotten on the vine as have so many other classic Disney shows. Fortunately, they finally got around to plusing this attraction with the “Under New Management” show. Let’s hope they bring it back! :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom