Trip Report THE ONE FOR FOOD AND WINE, September 2019 *COMPLETE*

I was just thinking, and counting. I believe this is trip report number
giphy.gif

I better make it good!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
It sounds like the plane ride was a great group of people with a celebration atmosphere!!! Love the birthday sash you got for your SIL. :) What a nightmare you had with the BLT bellhop! I just went through an experience the last couple of days with Disney where I got two different answers to my question and it really screwed my plans. 😵 Glad you were able to get the delivery made nonetheless! I'm always confused with the room numbers at BLT!🤪 Looking forward to hearing how your first evening together went!
I find I enjoy southwest more and more. It’s not a perfect airline but they sure are fun!

As for different answers from different CM’s... I have decided to do it all by email from now on. No more phone calls for me, although they are all recorded. And if I dont like the first response I will keep asking. Eventually I should get the answer I want😉

Back!Elbow!Shoulders!

Omnia mutantur, nihil interit
Premium Member
As @Tuvalu alluded to with her map, I think it is based off The Contemporary. So now the question becomes two part: why the heck did they number the Contemporary rooms like that in the first place-and-why are BLT’s room numbers caught up in that mess???

My pure speculation:

Disney higher ups: “We have a strict room numbering system that we must never deviate from. Building number. Floor number. Room number. Four digits max.

Also Disney higher ups: “Make this building 14 floors.”

Disney worker bees: “🤷🏻‍♀️ Ok. Umm. We’ll figure something out I guess.”

Tuvalu

Premium Member
So now the question becomes two part: why the heck did they number the Contemporary rooms like that in the first place-and-why are BLT’s room numbers caught up in that mess???
Allow me....

The Contemporary was built with a north garden wing, tower and south garden wing. And there were a lot of rooms! There needed to be a way to identify each specific room in each building. So.....

The north wing had three building sections numbered 1,2 and 3.

The tower was/is numbered building 4.

The south wing has two building sections numbered 5 and 6.

Rooms within each building contain four numbers. The first number is the building identifier; the second number is the floor; numbers three and four identify the individual room.

For example, Room 5204 is located in the south garden wing (building 5) on the second floor (2) and is the fourth room in the hall (04). Since both north and south garden wings only had three floors, numbering was simple.

The tower was more challenging since it has 15 floors, but rooms are only located on floors 5 thru 14 (which is actually the 13th floor but due to superstition is called 14.) Since the tower is building 4 (first number) and the 5th floor is the first floor (1) of rooms, Room 4101 is on the fifth floor. Room 4201 is on the 6th floor. Adding the first number (4) to the second number (2) identifies the floor. 4+2=6. Where it becomes funny is floor 14 when 4+9 = 13, but Room 4920 is on the 14th floor. ;)

When the north wing was demolished and Bay Lake Tower was built, it was divided in two vertical sections, numbered 7 (lower floors 1-9) and 8 (upper floors 10-16) in keeping with the numerical identifying system.

So your room 8034 = 8 (upper section) 0 (10th floor....uses the "0" from 10) 34 (34th room on the 10th floor).

Is that as clear as MUD or what??!!!!

Posting the map again so you can do your own math!

MegRuss626

Allow me....

The Contemporary was built with a north garden wing, tower and south garden wing. And there were a lot of rooms! There needed to be a way to identify each specific room in each building. So.....

Rooms within each building contain four numbers. The first number is the building identifier; the second number is the floor; numbers three and four identify the individual room.

For example, Room 5204 is located in the south garden wing (building 5) on the second floor (2) and is the fourth room in the hall (04). Since both north and south garden wings only had three floors, numbering was simple.

The tower was more challenging since it has 15 floors, but rooms are only located on floors 5 thru 14 (which is actually the 13th floor but due to superstition is called 14.) Since the tower is building 4 (first number) and the 5th floor is the first floor (1) of rooms, Room 4101 is on the fifth floor. Room 4201 is on the 6th floor. Adding the first number (4) to the second number (2) identifies the floor. 4+2=6. Where it becomes funny is floor 14 when 4+9 = 13, but Room 4920 is on the 14th floor. ;)

When the north wing was demolished and Bay Lake Tower was built, it was divided in two vertical sections, numbered 7 (lower floors 1-9) and 8 (upper floors 10-16) in keeping with the numerical identifying system.

So your room 8034 = 8 (upper section) 0 (10th floor....uses the "0" from 10) 34 (34th room on the 10th floor).

View attachment 417015

That was almost as hard to keep straight as a @riverside family Disney trip!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Allow me....

View attachment 417015
Ok. First of all.....WHAT???
Second, (because you know if there is a first there will be a second) why or how, why/how do you know ALL that. All of it? Every single detail?

k8einwdw

Allow me....

View attachment 417015

Swissmiss

Premium Member
Allow me....

View attachment 417015

Math with @Tuvalu is way more fun and interesting than with the math teacher I had in 11th and 12th grade (who THOUGHT he was funny ... he was not).

krisri18

Allow me....

View attachment 417015
Seriously hoping there's no quiz at the end of this report...

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Allow me....

View attachment 417015

My head hurts.

Zipadeelady

Allow me....

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No

Spot on!!! You know how to play😀
Math with @Tuvalu is way more fun and interesting than with the math teacher I had in 11th and 12th grade (who THOUGHT he was funny ... he was not).
I have a funny “math” story coming up. Stay tuned➕➗✖️➖
Seriously hoping there's no quiz at the end of this report...
Me three!
Wait...me too!!!
(See, I would fail😉)
My head hurts.
Ok, but, imagine how much your head would hurt if you knew all that stuff. Yeah, if all that knowledge was in your brain just hanging out waiting to be shared.

Ha ha ha ha
Subtle yet perfect!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom