Trip Report THE ONE FOR FOOD AND WINE, September 2019 *COMPLETE*

I was just thinking, and counting. I believe this is trip report number
giphy.gif

I better make it good!!!

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
I’m still shaking my head about that scene, along with the rest of the movie. The whole thing was awful.
I love the Toy Story movies and was ok watching that one once, but they probably should have left it at number 3.

Last time I was at Hollywood studios I saw Woody (not yours @Tuvalu ) and in my mind, instinctively, I thought “loser”. Totally subconscious.
So that is how I feel about Toy Story 4.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thursday Sept 19 cont...

We deplaned and headed for the Magical express.
995C8FC0-2F3B-4B1F-9464-BE06E17306D7.jpeg

0A18CA79-2836-4334-879D-DB6181C50FBF.jpeg

Guess who was on our bus! Guess! You will never guess. Here is a hint:
giphy.gif

No, not Phoebe.
The birthday triplets!!!
They were staying at the Grand Floridian and not doing any parks. Two of the three came home from college for the weekend (the third was in school close to home). I have a friend with triplets, same as this family, two girls and one boy. The boy played baseball with my oldest and we have known them forever. I didnt think to ask these people if they knew them. The triplet community is pretty small I would suspect.

Anyhow, we had hoped to make the electric water pagent but the sign for our bus was mislesding. We went to poly, GF, wilderness THEN BLT.

Speaking of misleading...
About a week before we left I called Disney. I asked to be transfered to BLT bell services because I had a specific question. CM Wanda wanted to answer my question. CM Wanda did not want to transfer me. ( I had seen this question asked on the boards but never saw a definitive answer, this is why I am sharing this story)
“If we have a grocery delivery that contains alcohol but we have not arrived yet what happens?”
Wanda assured me she had the answer. Wanda’s answer was, “Bell services will accept the alcohol and you will need to show ID to claim it.”
“Thank you very much and have a nice day.”
B had placed the instacart order (amazon didnt have fresh produce) and got a text from the delivery guy while we were on DME. (The last window for delivery was 9-10pm. We landed about 8:30. Not going to make it. )
Delivery guy said, James, at BLT would NOT accept the entire delivery because it contained alcohol. I called Disney and asked to speak with BLT bell services. Again the CM on the line wanted to handle my problem. I quickly told him the entire story and he said, “no they wont accept alcohol if someone is not there to sign for it.” This was the exact opposite to what Wanda had told me.

Side note: I did not want to order alcohol. Shocker, I know. My argument was that we were there for FandW and wanted to save ourselves for that. More on this later...

The CM did connect me to BLT bell services. I got on the line and my ear hit the mute button on my phone. I had just gotten a new case and screen and my phone was a lot more sensitive. Naturally, the CM at bell services hung up on me.

I called Disney back again and went through the entire story again. This CM said “BLT may sign for the alcohol. I depends on who is working.”
WAIT!!! WHAT?!?
First call I got a definite yes.
Second call I got a definite no.
Third call I got a maybe.

giphy.gif

Meanwhile B is texting away with the delivery guy.

The “maybe” CM connects me to BLT bell services where I apologize for my ear mute, identify myself and ask what is going on. I explained how Wanda assured me, last week, that accepting alcohol on our behalf would not be a problem. Bell services lady said she didn't recognize the name Wanda.
OF COURSE YOU DONT because WANDA IS AT THE CALL CENTER PROBABLY LOCATED IN TOLEDO OR LITTLE ROCK!!!

Our delivery guy was trying to sign for us but BLT guy James would not let him.

148A8D1D-39C2-499A-90F8-C6320BFAFCF3.jpeg

(For timing purposes)

Finally our delivery guy was allowed to sign. What a headache. Never again! Especially since we really didnt need the dang alcohol in the first place!

We get to BLT and who is the first person we see? Well, actually it was Ginnie from Brooklyn, but, who is the second person we see? James! Uggh
I know we should not judge a person by the way he or she looks but the four if us stood there and judged away. He was tall and thin and pasty white and looked like he had a stick up his, well nevermind. Then when Ginnie asked him to retrieve our order he acted like he had never heard of us.
James was like:

giphy.gif

Then I made them all stop and smell the intoxicating scent of the BLT.
EE1DA32C-16C3-4ABA-A3F5-CE19BFAB7A94.jpeg

DisneyGigi

My son, loved the ending of Toy Story 4. I thought they messed it up and it should have been left at 3. Maybe his generation sees it different than we do??

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Thursday September 19 cont

B and I had decided one afternoon, while relaxing on the beach reviewing F n W menus, that SIL and J would share the BR with the king, and B and I would take the living room. I am not calling anyone high maintenance, but, I knew SIL and J would need more time in the morning to dry their hair and what not.

giphy.gif

I know what you are thinking, “but Darstarr it’s your DVC points and you did all the planning and organized everything!” Dont worry about me. I had a plan, which I ran by B for approval. 👍
More on tha later.

Our room:
giphy.gif

Ha ha. Just kidding!!!

6D02A65D-55CD-4F29-BE23-4E2BC3E9CB13.jpeg

How is a room that starts with 8 on the 10th floor??? Surprisingly we never went to the 8th floor by accident.
F9F18FEA-61A4-44ED-A342-11A62E0F312D.jpeg

B9C44005-1D67-4C7E-88C8-A2D08F73F0FF.jpeg

56846B6C-3E2E-46DC-B497-CAE000DF32D7.jpeg

Master bath
81DA8BDE-99B6-4038-AC3A-A6A5A2027A3B.jpeg

29A20859-BA13-49CB-9D20-83DB44381A9E.jpeg

CCDB1CB9-C16A-4B44-A8D0-89C1E1C1E475.jpeg

The other bath (only need one pix to see it all)
A0C69D23-8D21-4F2D-A660-498B2DC8BA70.jpeg

Not used, but, originally we were going to buy the one f n w shirt and wash between days so we could wear to Epcot both nights. Not my choice but I was outvoted. Then I saw some shirts at Target 3 days before we left and we all purchased those. We got a lot of compliments on them. Go figure.
742D8000-4B83-487B-B8C2-12DBBD2D129C.jpeg

This was the only picture I got of the bedroom. I was out on the balcony trying to get a shot inside. Fail!
78908265-46B1-499F-AFB5-1FD8666F3820.jpeg

But you can see the reflection of the Contemporary (from the Contemporary?) in the slider so kinda cool.

Darstarr

Original Poster
In the Parks
No
Your whole love of Friends thing makes me even more bummed I didn’t get to say hello to you @Darstarr ! The Monica hair has been a big joke with us forever, I wear my hair board straight but in Florida, I can feel it grow in volume and curls by the minute. Pony tail becomes my best friend. 😂
Excellent recreation photo by your son & DIL! @Tuvalu
I am sorry I missed you all too. If only I had my scuba gear with me I could have made it to three bridges that night🏊🏻‍♀️

dizfan917

Thursday September 19 cont

B and I had decided one afternoon, while relaxing on the beach reviewing F n W menus, that SIL and J would share the BR with the king, and B and I would take the living room. I am not calling anyone high maintenance, but, I knew SIL and J would need more time in the morning to dry their hair and what not.

giphy.gif

I know what you are thinking, “but Darstarr it’s your DVC points and you did all the planning and organized everything!” Dont worry about me. I had a plan, which I ran by B for approval. 👍
More on tha later.

Our room:
giphy.gif

Ha ha. Just kidding!!!

View attachment 416778
How is a room that starts with 8 on the 10th floor??? Surprisingly we never went to the 8th floor by accident.
View attachment 416780

View attachment 416779

View attachment 416781

Master bath
View attachment 416783
View attachment 416784
View attachment 416785

The other bath (only need one pix to see it all)
View attachment 416787

Not used, but, originally we were going to buy the one f n w shirt and wash between days so we could wear to Epcot both nights. Not my choice but I was outvoted. Then I saw some shirts at Target 3 days before we left and we all purchased those. We got a lot of compliments on them. Go figure.
View attachment 416786

This was the only picture I got of the bedroom. I was out on the balcony trying to get a shot inside. Fail!
View attachment 416782
But you can see the reflection of the Contemporary (from the Contemporary?) in the slider so kinda cool.

Why on earth would room 8034 be on the TENTH floor? that is very odd. :bored:

lindawdw

It sounds like the plane ride was a great group of people with a celebration atmosphere!!! Love the birthday sash you got for your SIL. :) What a nightmare you had with the BLT bellhop! I just went through an experience the last couple of days with Disney where I got two different answers to my question and it really screwed my plans. 😵 Glad you were able to get the delivery made nonetheless! I'm always confused with the room numbers at BLT!🤪 Looking forward to hearing how your first evening together went!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom