The OMG, FML EPIC, FAIL, EPIC FAIL, WINNING, JUS SAYIN, #HASHTAG, & INSTAGRAM PTR!

*This trip never happened. A lot of folks been asking about it and wondering where I have been. Just wanted to give a small update. if you still want to read what I was SUPPOSED to be doing...go ahead. But we did not go due to buying a house and some other crap.

Thanks for all the messages and concerns but I am alive and well guys and girls!

Yup...the title explains it all.

Welcome to The OMG, FML, EPIC, FAIL, EPIC FAIL, WINNING, JUS SAYIN, #HASHTAG, Instagram and any other stupid things people say or use on facebook - Pre-Trip Report.

180 days has come and gone. We booked our trip MORE than a year in advance. Like 376 days or something like that. We were in Disney and they offered us the bounce back for Free Dining so we took that! They allow you to book 3 separate rooms under your name so we booked a room for my friend and his girlfriend. More on them later. Back this 180 days mess. The ADR date is such a tease. When you book your trip you have your countdown to the actual day you arrive but you also have this countdown to your dining reservations date. :mad: There is this HUGE build up (at least for us) for this day to come. Once it arrives you make your reservations and at that point you realize...We still have 6 more months to go :cry:. So yeah...here I am with 6 months to go till I am one extremely happy camper.

First off is the cast of the trip...

My fiance. Colleen.

Colleen is pictured here with Evgeni Malkin who she would 100% leave me for if given the chance. I'm okay with that though.

Gino.jpg

WDW_8418_1.jpg

Colleen has a birthday in late August which she will shamelessly celebrate our whole trip for 2 week during September. That is just who she is. She can also eat pound for pound with me. I am also pretty sure she can eat with anyone on this board. This is something that she is very proud of. I am also proud of it as well. :D

Me.

photo.jpg

You guys know me. If you don't that is probably a good thing. If you do not I am John, I am 32...I'll be 33 in April. I play hockey. I love food. I'm also rarely serious. Well except my hatred for Tom Bricker. People think we just tease each other but we really do have a feud going on. Ever since we were 15 and I bleached his upper lip at summer camp, he's never been able to grow facial hair. He's never forgiven me for it. No all bleach, and facial hairless abilities aside...I do like Tom. I owe all my desire to take better photos to him. Thanks idiot.

Us...

WDW_8370_1.jpg

Joining us on our second half will be our friends Craig and Jocelyn.

This is Craig...

craig.jpg

Yeah fresh off of taking a puck to the teeth. $2,500 later this is him with his better half...

CJ.jpg

Okay so now that the boring part is out of the way let's get to the good stuff eh?

The food, the parks, and more importantly the food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our hotel reservation is for All Star Sports. Anyone who knows us knows we love the football field at this resort. We catch football and swim every night once we come back from the parks. We may even get more crazy and bring wiffle balls and bats with us!

The arrival date!!!

Day 1. September 13th at 9am our flight is scheduled to land. The only thing I can think of while waking up this morning is this song...

You can skip to 1:13 for the hook is what really gets me in the mood for it. Although there IS a Disney reference in the first verse.

***WARNING LANGUAGE***

We hope to check in upon arrival and then head to Epcot. It's pretty much a standing tradition that we start in Epcot by grabbing Fast Passes for Soarin before our lunch a Le Cellier. Today our ADR is for 1:30pm. After we eat and ride Soarin we will hop on The Monorail and go to The Magic Kingdom. As always we will end up in MK a lot to catch Wishes. It's by far our favorite night time show.

Day 2. September 14th. We are starting our day at Typhoon Lagoon. I am pretty sure I will be eating a hot italian sandwich and dip and dots this day! Our ADR is at Via Napoli with Jessica Diane (plaz10) and her fiance Bill.

Day 3. September 15th. We will start our day at Animal Kingdom aka The Hottest Place On Earth. I only go here because I LOVE It's Tough To Be A Bug, and Everest. Nemo, Lion King, and The Safari are okay but I'd rather just not be there. From there we will catch a bus to The Wilderness Lodge. We have a 5:30 ADR at Artist Point. This is a first for us. After that it's off to MK to catch Wishes!

Day 4. September 16th. ALLLLLL day in Magic Kingdom. We have a 5:30pm ADR at Narcoossee's. We obviously are heading back to MK after to finish the night there.

Day 5. September 17th. We will start out at Epcot. We have a 4:30pm ADR at San Angel Inn. Another first for us. After that we will head to DHS to possibly catch Fantasmic at 8pm. DHS has extra magic hours till 11pm as well.

Day 6. September 18th. Typhoon Lagoon to start the day off! After TL we are gonna head to MK for Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party! I think we are supposed to meet up with Jess and Bill for this. First we have a 5pm ADR at Tony's though.

Day 7. September 19th. Hopefully sleeping in and then Epcot all day. Another first for us today, ADR at Bistro de Paris. Tom pretty much sold me on this place on his review alone. So my dinner enjoyment rests in his hands. From the way that steak looked it CAN'T be bad...Let's hope not.

Day 8. September 20th. Run around day! We start with a 12pm ADR at Le Cellier. From there we are gonna head over to DHS to do a few things multiple times there. Then head to MK to catch Wishes. Craig and Joce arrive tonight and we are gonna meet them and head to DTD. We should probably go to AK today just to see if all of this is possible! Haha

Day 9. September 21st. We are all going to head to Typhoon Lagoon. We been talking about this since before we booked their trip. So pumped for this day! After that they are gonna head to Cape May Cafe and we are heading to Coral Reef. Joce wants to eat crab legs. I have no desire to do so while on vacation.

Day 10. September 22nd. Challenge day! Epcot day! What is the challenge? Well we have a 1pm Le Cellier ADR for lunch. We ALSO have one at 7pm for dinner!!! We are gonna see how much changes and if it really is "better" and worth 2 credits to dine at dinner time.

Day 11. September 23rd. It's Magic Kingdom ALL day again! We all are eating at Narcoossee's at 5:30pm. After we will probably stroll around The GF and then head back to MK for Wishes! MK has EMH till 12am tonight.

Day 12. September 24th. We are all heading back to Typhoon Lagoon. Yeah I know we go here a lot. Blizzard Beach MIGHT replace TL today but BB is a LOT of work. Running up all those steps all day wears us out. After whatever water park we hit we are going to DHS. We have ADR at 50's Prime Time. After we eat we are gonna get in line for Fantasmic. I made us an ADR for Sci-Fi after Fantasmic just for desserts. We love the inside of this place and want Craig and Joce to experience it as well. DHS is open till 11pm tonight.

Day 13. September 25th. Animal Kingdom kicks the day off again. After AK we are gonna head to Epcot. We have a ADR at Tutto Italia and I am VERY excited to eat here again. Last year they removed the steak so I cancelled my ADR. Well it's back so, so am I. Plus that Chocolate Cake is UNREAL.

Day 14. September 26th. Last full day! Where else but Magic Kingdom. We have a ADR at 5:30pm for California Grill. After we eat it's back to MK for Wishes!

Day 15. September 27th. Check out day. We have a late flight so we can go to the parks till 3-330 and we always spend the last day at MK making one last round. This will probably hold up as all our other traditions do.

Well that is all. I really don't think I will change these plans up unless a lunch at Le Cellier somehow opens up on the 26th. We REALLY like to have our last table service meal there but it was somehow booked 187 days out? We also had issues booking Bistro de Paris, Tutto, and Coral Reef for the days we wanted as well. No other parks had issues but Epcot. Who knows what is going on? Could be cause Food and Wine is about to start or Free Dining. However there are plenty of lunches available at Le Cellier for the first part of our trip so who the heck knows what is going on.

snookie5605

i was wondering when the next trip report was going to start cuz you are very entertaining! we will be there for a portion of your trip too, ours is 9/21-9/29, but on 9/23 (our anniversary) we will also be in magic kingdom all day, break for narcoosees at 7:45, then back to MK for EMH. cant wait to read it! have fun and maybe we'll see each other on the way!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
i was wondering when the next trip report was going to start cuz you are very entertaining! we will be there for a portion of your trip too, ours is 9/21-9/29, but on 9/23 (our anniversary) we will also be in magic kingdom all day, break for narcoosees at 7:45, then back to MK for EMH. cant wait to read it! have fun and maybe we'll see each other on the way!

Let me know if you see me!

Love your trip reports and photos. Whenever I see a new one posted, it's like opening up a Christmas present. :D

Haha glad to hear that! I think on this trip report I am going to take my time with it instead of getting it done just to have it done. Definitely going to be some silliness some October!

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
I think this is the worst PTR ever! :D

I am really not sure there is a such thing as a GOOD PTR...I mean how good can it really be?

Seriously John? I feel like I'm the only one who's NOT overlapping with you.

Extend your trip.

Two days.

Or even one.

Just do it. :lol:

Haha I can't cause my brother is getting married on the 29th. I wanted to GET to Disney on the 27th and stay through Food and Wine.

No trust me, you don't wanna hang out with him. He's creepy... And he smells bad.... :hurl:

I hope when you eat at Le Cellier they are out of Filet and pretzel bread.

:lol: guess I'll take your word for it, at least I get the cooler one of the two of you! :sohappy: :lookaroun

Yeah, take her word...Wait till you see this girl.

gwhb75

Hey, first off, my condolences on the Penguins early exit this year (I know I had mentioned once before that I work with Sid's uncle, so even though I'm a Leafs fan, I secretly root for the Pens as well).

Secondly, we'll be down at WDW from September 13th to the 22nd. I'll keep an eye out for you while were down there (you know, that won't be creepy or anything, have some guy you've never met looking for you while you're on vacation).

Hope you have a great trip.

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
Hey, first off, my condolences on the Penguins early exit this year (I know I had mentioned once before that I work with Sid's uncle, so even though I'm a Leafs fan, I secretly root for the Pens as well).

Secondly, we'll be down at WDW from September 13th to the 22nd. I'll keep an eye out for you while were down there (you know, that won't be creepy or anything, have some guy you've never met looking for you while you're on vacation).

It happens all the time man so say hello and say you work with Sids uncle so I remember you!

gwhb75

I'm guessing you haven't seen this... thought you might like it (it's a commercial from the company I work for).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7fKuOMo2r4

blackthidot

Original Poster
In the Parks
Yes
This whole thing changed for god sake...I think I may have to just do another one. EVERYONE wants to go to Disney World now...

mickeysshoes

Hey John, I have new job that does afford me time to live on this site anymore. I miss being on here and feel out of the loop. Just last night I finished plans for a quick weekend trip for the DH and I to visit DD on her 21st b-day (she is CP now and she loves it) So we will be down there the same time as you!!! Sept 20-24!! Just thought I would drop by your thread and say hello....and LET'S GO CAPS!!! How is it in Pitts with all the left over CAPS goalies!!! :D

mickeysbrother

Hwy john Will be there also 23rd through 01 oct... Hope to run into ya. Ill be with the short GF that is super loud and excited at all times.... May be proposing during one of the days at MK. So that will be me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom