The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

DDuckFan130

NemoRocks78 said:
Hmmm.....my sister attends Nova Southeastern, and they are closed tomorrow and Friday. Where exactly is FIU?
The campus I go to is on Calle 8 :lol:. If you know where Dolphin Mall is, it's close by.

Tim G

<TABLE borderColor=#000000 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="98%" border=1><TBODY><TR><TD bgColor=#ff0000><TABLE width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD class=large>STORM STATUS</TD><TD class=small align=right>September 1, 10:44 PM EDT</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD bgColor=#cccccc><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width="95%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD colSpan=2>Name: Hurricane Frances</TD></TR><TR><TD class=small vAlign=top>Location: About 60 miles, 95 km, East-Northeast of The Southeastern Bahamas. This Is Also About 585 Miles East-Southeast Of Palm Beach Florida.
Lat/Long: 22.6N, 72.0W
Max Winds: 140 mph
Category: 4
</TD><TD class=small vAlign=top noWrap>Heading: West-Northwest
Speed: 14 mph
Pressure: 27.73 inches
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=small align=middle colSpan=2></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>​

2055Frances-04-med.gif

diddy_mouse

yeah, i just saw recent weather reports and it isn't looking optomistic. i hope everyone will be safe. i have family in orlando and their house was hit pretty hard from Charley. hopefully everyone can stick it out or at least get to safety.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
I'll say it. I'm scared of this one. More people will die needlessly, more pain, more suffering.

I'm moving to Arizona.

tigsmom

The more I see about the storm the more afraid I become for my friends in Florida. Please everybody, evacuate if they tell you to...things can be replaced, but you can't.

Tim G

Hurricane Watch Issued
For Florida Coastline

MIAMI -- Nearly half a million Floridians were urged Wednesday to evacuate as Hurricane Frances and its 140-mph winds could deliver the worst double hurricane strike on one state in at least a century.

Just weeks after Hurricane Charley devastated parts of the state, another Category 4 hurricane is bearing down on Florida.

A hurricane watch was issued Wednesday night for the Florida east coast, from Florida City northward to Flagler Beach, including Lake Okeechobee. Some or all of the hurricane watch area will likely be upgraded to a hurricane warning Thursday morning, according to the National Hurricane Center.

A hurricane watch means that hurricane conditions are possible within the watch area generally within 36 hours.

A tropical storm watch has been issued for the middle and upper Florida Keys.

Residents still storm-weary after Hurricane Charley struck less than three weeks ago filled up their gas tanks, boarded up their houses and bought emergency supplies ahead of Frances' possible landfall somewhere on the state's Atlantic coast late Friday or early Saturday.

Late Wednesday, the National Hurricane Center issued a hurricane watch for about 280 miles of Florida coast from Florida City to Flagler Beach. A hurricane watch means that those areas could start feeling hurricane conditions within 36 hours.

Tim G

tigsmom said:
Corrus, are you bunkered down?
There's nothing for me to bunker overhere, I'm still in CA.
We're going home (Orlando) for the christmas holidays.. and hopefully stay this time...
But my heart goes out to the people in florida, especially my family, friends and neighbours, and the people on these boards which I only know by name, and live in Florida...

tigger248

Everyone, please stay safe. Once again I am very worried about all my friends in Fl. This is gonna be a rough weekend. It seems so unfair for two such powerful storms to hit so close together. I just pray that everyone stays safe and seeks shelter if necessary. Especially those with structural damage from Charley. God bless you all and may peace be with you.

Danrol388

Here in Miami they have shut down all schools for Thu. and Fri. most people have boarded up or put shutters (such as ourselves). The gas station lines are extending way out of the stations and into the streets. Most gas stations have sold out of the Regular gas. As for supermarkets all the water and canned goods have flown off the shelves quickly, same as hurricane supplies from our local hardware stores. Generators in Home Depot aren’t making it out to the sales floor; they go straight from the truck to a customer who has been waiting for hours.

Mind you as of now we aren’t suppose to get a direct hit, but if u listen to the forecasters here and there uncertainty it is very scary on how similar this is resembling Hurricane Andrew in 1992. They told the public in 92 that Andrew was going to hit north of us but at the last min. the High pressure shifted it straight towards us.

Even if it’s not a direct hit this is a monstrous storm its hurricane winds span out 85 Miles and it’s Tropical Storm winds span out 185 Miles. To get an idea of how large that is…..185 miles is roughly from Miami to Orlando.

Let’s just hope for the best I will keep you guys updated on the Miami area here.

Tim G

12:02 AM EDT Thu-Sep-02 The National Weather Service has issued STATEMENTS

These bulletins are currently in effect for the following areas

Florida counties

Brevard
HURRICANE STATEMENT

Hillsborough
FLOOD WARNING

Indian River
HURRICANE STATEMENT

Lake
HURRICANE STATEMENT

Orange
HURRICANE STATEMENT

Osceola
HURRICANE STATEMENT

Seminole
HURRICANE STATEMENT

Volusia
HURRICANE STATEMENT

TimeTrip

Unfortunately it looks like I will be putting my webcam back up on saturday :(, unless i plant my computer so far away from the windows that the camera won't reach heh.

burbur

yoav_ko said:
Hi, I will be arriving WDW on Spetember 26th, what are the chances that a Hurricane will still be there by then?

there's no chance this hurricane will still be there. but that doesn't mean another one won't.

TURKEY

The latest track has it passing over the Four Corners area, where I live. That means WDW is going to be on the NE side, the worst area to be in.

The latest track has shifted slightly to the south.

Transposing Francis over Florida, and you barely see any of the panhandle, none of the peninsula.

TURKEY

Hurricane strength winds will be felt in Orlando just as the storm is making it ashore. Tropical Storm winds all the way up to around Ocala.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom