The Official Hurricane Frances thread...

Tim G

Francis Atlantic Position

2055Frances-13-med.gif

Disneyland1970

Greetings from Middle Georgia!! My families prayers are with all of you in Florida! Please be safe and good luck! Get back here to us as soon as you can. Let us know if you need anything!!! 5 hours away is nothing in a time like this. We all need to pull together! We are even planning for a good storm here in Georgia, nothing like you are in for, but you never know. The stream of cars in I-75 has been incredible!

Also.... The Georgia Fair Grounds in Perry, Georgia ( Exit 135 aprox), and the Atlanta Motor Speedway( Exit 212) both off I-75,have been opened to campers as a evacuation center if anyone is making a late break for the north!!

Take Care :wave:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Atta83 said:
Is it me or does she just slow down alot and looks like she is just sitting there???

She is pretty much at a standstill....only going 4 miles per hour. That is definitely going to affect her time of landfall.

Tim G

Atta83 said:
Is it me or does she just slow down alot and looks like she is just sitting there???
Yes! It IS slowing down in movement, but that makes it more dangerous because it stays longer in one place thus damaging more...

TimeTrip

Theres one nice side benefit to an approaching hurricane. I went to IOA/Universal with a few friends today. The place was empty. Shrek 4-d was a walk-on at 3:30pm. Mummy was at most a 5 minutes wait. We were also allowed to stay on Bluto's over and over if we wanted (we rode twice). I got some pictures of them prepping certain items for the storm, including sandbagging entrances. Interesting stuff.

prberk said:
Do we have a comprehensive list of the locals that post here, and where they have gone (or will go) to wait out the storm?

I know MKT said that he was going to the Wilderness Lodge.

Perhaps we can start this list, and then continue to add to it; then, after the storm, we will have a place to start for the "heard from" list. We could check each off (or add to the list) as we hear from them to know that they are safe.

Just an idea.

MKT (Rob) -- in his hotel working
PhotoDave219 (Dave) -- Wilderness Lodge
General Griz -- Left town
speck5576 -- in his hotel working/riding out the storm
Horizonsman - in his bottom floor apartment fighting the cold
MaryPoppins - locked up in her apartment with cat and hubby.

I'm a CM at AK and I'm staying in my apartment for the storm. I had an opportunity to be on the ride out crew but I'd rather be with my family. We are completely stocked up on all supplies. I'm not that nervous since I was born and raised in FL. I'm just anxious to get this over with. Assuming that I still have power and a cable modem, I'll post as soon as it's passed here!

Atta83

Man, that totally sucks now cause flooding is now going to be a main problem!!! I am already tracking the other storm out in the atlantic.....*sigh*

NemoRocks78

Seized
TimeTrip said:
Theres one nice side benefit to an approaching hurricane. I went to IOA/Universal with a few friends today. The place was empty. Shrek 4-d was a walk-on at 3:30pm. Mummy was at most a 5 minutes wait. We were also allowed to stay on Bluto's over and over if we wanted (we rode twice). I got some pictures of them prepping certain items for the storm, including sandbagging entrances. Interesting stuff.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Oh how I wish I was there today....hopefully I will be able to go on Monday. I haven't seen Shrek 4D as a walk-on since...well, never. :lol:

Atta83

TimeTrip said:

O I would love to have been there today....o well.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom