The New Fantasyland

jakeman

I bet the OP is just reading all of these and laughing to themself.
Men, no harm, no foul. The grain of salt around here goes without saying for the most part.

It's a nice something to talk about to pass the day, especially since there is a void now between the approval confirmation and the actual details start leaking.

ssymes

Where are those transmissions you intercepted? WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THOSE PLANS?!

darth-choke.jpg

For some reason I thought the image would look better like this. :ROFLOL:

Disney_Vader.jpg

The Conundrum

Why should it? Just because you don't like it? Is is quite popular among little kids which just happen to be FL target audience. Same goes for Dumbo and other spoke and hub attractions like it. They have lines at them all day long and will never go away nor should they. In the same vain should we git rid of Cinderella's carousel as well?

Are you seriously comparing a well-themed Disney staple to that chuck e cheese playground?

yoda has gone :hammer:

Disney World did very well without junk like that in its first 30 years and it doesn't need that type of thing now

aladdin2007

I think this list has more to do with DLP maybe? Except I didnt think they were getting the little mermaid, even though that was the first spot it was suppose to debut back when the park opened.

But a cinderella and sleeping beauty attraction for here? Are they just going to do all princesse's? that would be 3, TLM, Cind, and SleepingBeauty. What about Pinocchio or something. Just thinking they should have it to be welcoming for boys too otherwise this will just be a princess land.

The list is a little disspointing but so far I kinda see it as bunk. But that bookstore? Bring it on!!!!!!!!

yeti

Are you seriously comparing a well-themed Disney staple to that chuck e cheese playground?

Disney World did very well without junk like that in its first 30 years and it doesn't need that type of thing now

Well-themed? The Magic Carpets of Aladdin are equally if not better themed than Dumbo, yet nobody calls them a Disney staple.

What makes this junk any worse than any other playgrounds in Disney World?

yoda has gone nowhere.

Disneyfan1981

Huh. Read the first couple of posts and got excited that we got a scoop somehow. I'm really interested to see if this materializes or what actually does get announced but I'd be more excited if there was a full revamping of Tomorrowland...

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

Yes I am because I am a bit sick of people saying that popular attractions, like the spinners, playgrounds, etc, should be removed just because they do not see a need for them in their narrow little minds. WDW was made for everyone which means you will not like everything in it. Every attraction does not need to be some high tech E-ticket.

Oh and just FYI the first Dumbo attraction opened in August in 1955 at DL. But I guess they do not need junk like that in their parks after all they made it a whole month without it.:rolleyes:

krankenstein

Just because you do not use something does not mean it is not a valuable attraction. Many parents and children love the varioous play areas around the parks. They are small and are hurting nothing. WDW should cater to all groups, baby to senior adult.

CastleBound

Heres the thing, its funny how theme parks differ. I live near Six Flags Great Adventure which has almost the most coasters in the country, but no flat rides and 1 dark ride. In Disney, you basically have all flats and dark. At 6flags, we beg for more flats to add difference to the park. Keep em while you can Disney, they are an important part to the structure of the park!!

GothMickey

I think I have to agree with Yoda on this. There is nothing wrong with playgrounds. I think Pooh's Playful Spot is themed nice. So what that it isn't for most of us on here. Not everything can eb for us. As long as the kids enjoy it and parents can get a break, then I have no issue.

Monorail_Orange

There's nothing wrong with a playground being there. There is something wrong with the beautiful lagoon being removed and the only thing filling its spot as that playground. Hopefully that is in the process of being rectified.

I can sure understand the playgrounds, so I agree with Yoda as well on this one. The quote above could have come right out my head as well.

Kudos, kcnole! :)

bgraham34

I have to disagree with everyone about the playgrounds being there. I hate them and you know why ,because they are there and I am in NJ. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom