The New Fantasyland

MickeyTigg

I guess it's just not exactly what I was imagining when everyone was hoping this would beef up the ride situation in FL. WDW has plenty of gift shops and restaurants as is.

I'll agree with you on the gift shops but have to be kidding regarding restaurants, especially if it's a sit down restaurant. For the number of guests in MK on an average day, it has the smallest selection of places to eat. Even if its's a quick service...peak times it's impossible to find a place to sit.

EPCOTPluto

Plus, from the plans, it looks like the "Be Our Guest" restaurant would help with the long waits to other sit-down restaurants.

MickeyTigg

I heard it wasn't going anywhere, nor do I think it should. :shrug:

I wouldn't mind it going away....but it's not.

Why whould they make a Gaston themed restaurant? Guest wouldn't eat there. He is a villan...and a weak one at that. That fact alone makes me doubt the OP. If it were Malficient, I would say yes. But, I DO like wha I read. We need more Beauty and the Beast stuff.

Are you serious? You actually think people won't go to a restaurant at MK because of the character theming? The average park guest doesn't care that much....they're not all DF's.

Just because you do not use something does not mean it is not a valuable attraction. Many parents and children love the varioous play areas around the parks. They are small and are hurting nothing. WDW should cater to all groups, baby to senior adult.

I personally don't care for them and frankly are a waste of valuable real estate but also know that many people find them useful and like them.

TalkingHead

for any number of legal reasons, they shouldnt be posted here.

Orlando Sentinel has it posted to their website. I'm not saying the OS is a beacon of great journalism, but I don't see how this could be a legal problem. The image is all over the internet. Why not let people post it here?

P.S. What's Disney gonna do? Sue the internet for a spreading picture that has gone viral and given them free publicity?

CaptainJackNO

Folks, I don't doubt that these were plans at some time; however, I have a hard time believing that the official plans were this easily accessed and posted on a forum such as this. While I believe these may have been official at some time, I have a hard time believing that the latest plans would be this easily accessed and leaked.

Lee

Adventurer
Best reasons for not posting it here (as if Steve just saying so isn't enough):
If you have a source, you protect it.
That works in a couple of ways. One being if something on the item could indicate it's origin, thereby exposing the source.
Also, if you run a Disney friendly site, that gets information from "inside", and you are asked to remove something, you do it. That keeps people happy and preserves the flow of information.

I understand the frustration. As far as I'm concerned, things like leaked plans, art and photos are the reason the internet was invented in the first place.:lol:

Years ago, before Everest had been announced and very few knew of it, I had the photos of the unpainted model. I talked about it, described it, even posted a photo of a tiny, un-revealing, portion of it. It took all of about 5min before I got an email from "inside" saying to knock it off.
I did. That preserved some valuable connections that pay off to this day.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That works in a couple of ways. One being if something on the item could indicate it's origin, thereby exposing the source.
Also, if you run a Disney friendly site, that gets information from "inside", and you are asked to remove something, you do it. That keeps people happy and preserves the flow of information.

I understand the frustration. As far as I'm concerned, things like leaked plans, art and photos are the reason the internet was invented in the first place.:lol:

Years ago, before Everest had been announced and very few knew of it, I had the photos of the unpainted model. I talked about it, described it, even posted a photo of a tiny, un-revealing, portion of it. It took all of about 5min before I got an email from "inside" saying to knock it off.

BINGO!

Thank you Lee, someone who understands the situation.

CaptainJackNO

I stand corrected. Plans look very authentic. I will say it looks exciting. Looks like a paradigm shift in the look and direction of Fantasyland. I will say, thse plans could be early plans. It sure appears that the areas for Belle, Cinderella, and aurora may be large enough for a small dark ride like snow white. Maybe these were preliminary.....Looks great though

Studios Fan

I stand corrected. Plans look very authentic. I will say it looks exciting. Looks like a paradigm shift in the look and direction of Fantasyland. I will say, thse plans could be early plans. It sure appears that the areas for Belle, Cinderella, and aurora may be large enough for a small dark ride like snow white. Maybe these were preliminary.....Looks great though

It does. I think the new area could easily be a seventh land called Enchanted Forest though.

dxwwf3

Unfortunately, those "attractions" are glorified "meet-and-greets".:rolleyes:

Well if that's the case, consider my interest in this Fantasyland plan down the tubes completely. I shouldn't be surprised though. Things like that are what I've come to expect in the Magic Kingdom.

Disneyson 1

Saw the "plans" in another place-

2 Dumbos = YAY!

The "attractions" look really small, but I'm thinking Aurora's getting the castle walkthrough, BatB is an animatronic show from DLP (or a "show/restaurant"), Cinderella is the walkthrough Tokyo's getting, and the little Belle attraction is some sort of meet n' greet similar to the DCA Beast's Library set.

But why is Barnstormer still there???? Goofy and the fairy tales don't really mix.

MiklCraw4d

Now if I could just get some darn sources, I'd take it off my site :)

MiklCraw4d

Also, IF this is real, and IF they are close to giving it the greenlight, I wonder when we'd see an announcement. Immediately upon the decision? It would be a nice big bomb to drop at the D23 Expo... Or maybe good ol' October 1st?

Or, they could go the way of Equatorial Africa...

Scar Junior

Why would Disney do a Turtle Talk styled attraction for Cinderella ( or any of the princess' for that matter)? She is played by a live actor who already talks and interacts with guests? That doesn't make sense, so I assume thats not what it is.

It also doesn't make sense that people are talking about this since it says "MERCH" ... not mirror

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom