The new articulated bendy Bus

ToTBellHop

Look back at my post. The manufacturer has it as 40 ft turning radius for regular model, 44 ft for the articulated. According to the manufacturer they are designed so that no extra triaining is required and any current bus driver can drive them. The only driving training is a short interval of learning the extra 4 ft. It isn't that significant a difference.
At least a few times over a week-long WDW trip, a driver drives the bus over the curb...so maybe they WILL need more training :)

Violet

In college, we had those bendy buses because we had a ginormous sprawling campus.

I dunno, it didn't seem that hard to drive them, and they drove them around a cruddy old tiny city.

It's weird riding in the back part though, you feel like the whole thing could fall off when you see the accordion bending on the turns lol.

Tim_4

In college, we had those bendy buses because we had a ginormous sprawling campus.

I dunno, it didn't seem that hard to drive them, and they drove them around a cruddy old tiny city.

It's weird riding in the back part though, you feel like the whole thing could fall off when you see the accordion bending on the turns lol.
New E-ticket. Bus breaks in half, Spider Man saves you. It'll avoid the Marvel licensing mess because it happens on Hotel Plaza Boulevard, not IN a theme park. Problem solved.

I'll take my commission payment in the form of Vinylmation or turkey legs.

Goofyernmost

At least a few times over a week-long WDW trip, a driver drives the bus over the curb...so maybe they WILL need more training :)
There are many factors that cause a bus to "curb". Training is one, but all the drivers hold CDL's and have been tested on their skill levels to get that CDL. The biggest reason for curbing is the fact that other jack*** drivers do not give them enough room to make the corner cleanly. You know...I'm here and I'm in a hurry. You making that corner is not my problem. Rudeness and lack of courtesy is not confined to the inside of theme parks.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
If these articulated buses should go into regular operation, would we be seeing new bus bays at the All Stars (or other parks/resorts) to accomodate these? Or arethe current bus station sufficiently big enough already?

Certain resorts have already had their slips expanded.

ToyStoryMiss

Hello! Sorry I've been away for 730 years, but I've been so busy lately!

Anywho, I see they're testing out the new buses again. It would be better to have larger buses, so we don't need to be so cramped up all the time.
It would probably pick up an entire load of people at these resorts, so it wouldn't take as long to stand there forever.
Well, it's just my opinion. How about you share yours?
Let me know what you think of the new buses that are testing so far!
:)

PhotoDave219

Does anyone know if these could be introduced along with the third loop that is under construction at MK?

Thats the reason theyre building the third bus loop.

Its my understanding that the articulated buses will be limited to some of the larger resorts like Caribbean Beach and resorts they can actually get buses in and out of. The roads and bus stops that were designed for the resorts have enough trouble handling the bus traffic we have, letalone the longer articulated buses.

Anyways, theyre coming and hopefully this will help with faster service at the larger resorts.

Either way, I still recommend renting a car over using buses.

PhotoDave219

There are many factors that cause a bus to "curb". Training is one, but all the drivers hold CDL's and have been tested on their skill levels to get that CDL. The biggest reason for curbing is the fact that other jack*** drivers do not give them enough room to make the corner cleanly. You know...I'm here and I'm in a hurry. You making that corner is not my problem. Rudeness and lack of courtesy is not confined to the inside of theme parks.

Plus they didnt really design the resorts with enough room/clearance for the buses. There's no margin for error.

Goofyernmost

Plus they didnt really design the resorts with enough room/clearance for the buses. There's no margin for error.
When most of them were designed they didn't think they were ever going to need, or want, anymore then a 35 ft. bus. As hard as it is to imagine, the articulated bus will have an easier time in those tight spots then a 40 foot bus has.

PhotoDave219

When most of them were designed they didn't think they were ever going to need, or want, anymore then a 35 ft. bus. As hard as it is to imagine, the articulated bus will have an easier time in those tight spots then a 40 foot bus has.

But still, there's barely enough margins for a 35ft bus. Thats my overall point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom