The Neighbor Lady and TP2000 Walk Into a Bar...

GiveMeTheMusic

The only people who said stuff like that were ones who were convinced via fanboi rumor that Disney dumped TOT in DCA because of a licensing issue.

This is obviously false, as TOT is still running with Twilight Zone license intact at DHS and WDS. Chapek wanted a quick Marvel E ticket, and TOT was the easiest victim. There's no grand licensing conspiracy.

180º

The elements of this thread have revealed to me what the real missed opportunity was here.

@TP2000
+ Neighbor Lady
+ Bar
+ Tower of Terror discussion

=

There should have been a bar inside Tower of Terror for TP2000 and Neighbor Lady to dish out the hot trash in, and that bar should have been called...wait for it...

...Tip Top Tapas & Tipples.

We have reached peak Tapas & Tipples here, people.

Now I hate GOTGM:B even more. 😑

TwilightZone

Twilight Zone will be around in some form for many decades to come. The young people who "don't know what TZ is" have been watching the original series on Netflix, Hulu and Youtube. Select episodes have become common viewing in english and writing classes. The only ones unfamiliar with TZ are the current suits at Disney.
Or had a parent or grandparent who is into it like mine were/are. My username is TwilightZone for a reason!

Curious Constance

The elements of this thread have revealed to me what the real missed opportunity was here.

@TP2000
+ Neighbor Lady
+ Bar
+ Tower of Terror discussion

=

There should have been a bar inside Tower of Terror for TP2000 and Neighbor Lady to dish out the hot trash in, and that bar should have been called...wait for it...

...Tip Top Tapas & Tipples.

We have reached peak Tapas & Tipples here, people.

Now I hate GOTGM:B even more. 😑

I think the actual name was N ipple tipped tassels.

the.dreamfinder

The only people who said stuff like that were ones who were convinced via fanboi rumor that Disney dumped TOT in DCA because of a licensing issue.

This is obviously false, as TOT is still running with Twilight Zone license intact at DHS and WDS. Chapek wanted a quick Marvel E ticket, and TOT was the easiest victim. There's no grand licensing conspiracy.
However, that talking point got a good bit of traction on MAGIC and social media.

Something about lies going halfway around the world before the truth ties its shoes.

the.dreamfinder

Ha. Next they’ll be saying Disney needs to tear down Carthay Theater in DCA due to “licensing” on a building that’s been gone for years. People don’t understand how licensing works.
Funny thing about that venue...
fox-carthay-circle-theatre-postcard.jpg

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

Thank goodness there were still people who stood up to that piece of work $hapek. I read (I think it was from @marni1971 awhile back? Maybe?) that Bobby wanted all the towers to be changed. RIP DCA TOT.

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
Spirit mentioned George Kalogridis fought to keep ToT open because that park would have lost too much capacity as TSL and GE were under construction.

Thanks! Which user is Spirit? Is that the only reason why George fought for it to stay open?? Or is that the argument he used to convince the higher ups?

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
I like how Disney is more focused on cost cutting, instead of investing in animatronics and practical effects like in their, oh, you know, most legendary attractions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom