The Mummy might outdue Disney's Mt Everest ?

ThirdEye

Originally posted by Num1OutkastFan
Maybe I'm not posting every second of my life, cause unlike some of you I actually have a social life.

Some of us definately have a social life. I for one spend most of my time practing with my band or working in the studio on demos or playing gigs around West Palm Beach. When im not playing in my band im either with my girlfriend or a wide variety of other friends. When my band gets big (Whirling Dervish) I hope you never purchase one of our cds or come to support us at a show.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by imagineer99
Oh, the irony in this statement:rolleyes: *Looks at Seuss Landing*

Not to mention A Day in the Park with Barney, Woody Woodpecker's Kid Zone that includes Woody Woodpecker's Nuthouse Coaster, Fievel's Playground, Curious George Goes To Town. Also Jimmy Neutron's Nicktoon Blast, Nickelodeon Studios, Animal Planet Live, and ET Adventure. And to a lesser degree Shrek 4-D.

Crap USF has almost as much kiddie stuff as the MK!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't get me wrong I love Universal Orlando and IOA is one of my favorite parks, but UO has it's fair share of kiddie fare. There's nothing wrong with that but UO shouldn't attack Disney because of it. Especially when they've got that much kiddie stuff.

AndyMagic

Personally, Spiderman was the largest disappointment I have ever experienced. Everyone kept on telling me how great it was....I guess my expectations were just too high. After all, 3d should actually be 3D...not fuzzy 2d.
More often than not, when a guest experiences "fuzzy 3-D" it is because they either recieved old or smudged glasses, or they are wearing the glasses incorrectly. People usually just throw them on their nose and expect them to work perfectly. Remember that the center of the lense should meet you eyes. You shouldn't be looking at the bottom or the top of the lense only and you should keep a decent distance from the lense by making sure you don't push the glasses too far up. On, "It's Tough to be a Bug" I almost ALWAYS see a blurry double image until I fiddle with the glasses. Hope that helps.

Num1OutkastFan

Originally posted by The_CEO
You're 14. How much of a social life do you have? Stop fighting with us.
Actually, the fight is part y'all's fault. Not all of you. You could have taken what I said as an opinion and ignored but you let your attitudes get the best of you and you had to respond. And it looks like you must have a great social life, creating comparisons of speed. Hmmm... OK

NemoRocks78

Seized
Finally, comparing M:S to spidey is impossible. As a strict simulator, M:S doesn't resemble in anyway Spidey's technology. The closest thing WDW has to spiderman are EMV vehicles found in Dinosaur.

By the way, did Universal ever complete that elevated track ride in Seuss land that resembled TTA?

I know that The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Mission: SPACE are two different rides. When I meant it was Disney's "answer" to Spider-Man, I meant technology and ride wise. M:S was suppose to outdue Spidey in all areas, but IMO has failed to do so.

And about the elevated track ride in Seuss Landing....it was called Sylvester McMonkey-McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines (well, not it was, but it was "going to be"). Unfortunately, they've been having some problems in the emergency evacuation areas. If an emergency was to happen and the ride needed to be evacuated, there would be no possible way to do so. Talks of adding a catwalk along the side of the track have been rumored. Not too long ago, they put the sign up, but then was quickly taken down.

And like AndyMagic said, it could just have been the 3D glasses. I know for the longest time they had been somewhat smudgy, but on my last ride (Feb 29th.) they seemed very well cleaned to me and the rest of my family.

King_K.

Oh, the irony in this statement:rolleyes: *Looks at Seuss Landing*

Wether you will admit it or not, there would be no USF without WDW. There would be none of the audioanimatronics that permeate USF's rides and attractions. Without Disney there would be no steel roller coasters. Without Disney's hold on the Florida market, Universal would never of had the incentive to build in the first place.

It disappoints me greatly to see that many people only care for fleeting thrills. There is no imagination in that.
Well..not to argue but it's the other way around, not including MK and Epcot, if Universal Studios wouldn't have moved right down the block, disney wouldn't have built MGM to rival them, as said Disney did have the idea to build MGM but didn't focus on it till another studio was built, I mean when MGM opened they only had The Great Movie Ride, and the Backlot Tour Featuring Catastrophy Canyon

NemoRocks78

Seized
Originally posted by King_K.
Well..not to argue but it's the other way around, not including MK and Epcot, if Universal Studios wouldn't have moved right down the block, disney wouldn't have built MGM to rival them, as said Disney did have the idea to build MGM but didn't focus on it till another studio was built, I mean when MGM opened they only had The Great Movie Ride, and the Backlot Tour Featuring Catastrophy Canyon

That is true. According to what i've read, when the concept for Universal Studios Florida was being put together, Mike Eisner was Paramount's studio chief. Universal came to Paramount to see if they wanted to become partners in the USF project but they declined. Mike did not forget USF and got up the Disney MGM Studios a year before USF opened. So if a USF project was never thought of, the MGM Studios may never have been built, along with Walt Disney Studios in Paris.

But then again, if USF was never built, we may not have recieved some awesome rides at WDW now, because USF builds a great, amazing ride, but then WDW comes back with an even better one, giving us some really great rides. But again, IMO, WDW has failed to get back at UO with Mission: SPACE and now Everest. PhilarMagic is a bit better than Shrek 4D though, so I give Disney the edge there.

imagineer99

Originally posted by King_K.

Universal would not have built in Orlando without the presence of MK and EPCOT. (You are right about MGM, though). Universal built due to Disney's gigantic popularity. They figured that some of that popularity could filter off into their own park.

Not to mention that officially, MGM was inspired by a supposed EPCOT exhibit about entertainment. It eventually turned into a brand new theme park.

imagineer99

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
I know that The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man and Mission: SPACE are two different rides. When I meant it was Disney's "answer" to Spider-Man, I meant technology and ride wise. M:S was suppose to outdue Spidey in all areas, but IMO has failed to do so.

And about the elevated track ride in Seuss Landing....it was called Sylvester McMonkey-McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines (well, not it was, but it was "going to be"). Unfortunately, they've been having some problems in the emergency evacuation areas. If an emergency was to happen and the ride needed to be evacuated, there would be no possible way to do so. Talks of adding a catwalk along the side of the track have been rumored. Not too long ago, they put the sign up, but then was quickly taken down.

And like AndyMagic said, it could just have been the 3D glasses. I know for the longest time they had been somewhat smudgy, but on my last ride (Feb 29th.) they seemed very well cleaned to me and the rest of my family.

I don't think you are giving M:S enough credit...where else in the world can you ride a motion simulator attached to a centrifuge? Again, I'm not dissing Spiderman. Frankly, it was just not my cup of tea. I prefer a well thought out story...not some mad dash through a city with some vaguely familar characters flying through. Plus, not to mention that every instant I was in IoA, I felt like a WDW traitor. I could barely look Mickey in the eye when I got back to Disney ground!:lol:

However, I did enjoy the Jurrassic Park ride.

Nemo, thanks for the info on that one ride. It's amazing that such a simple concept could be so complicated.

SirGoofy

About E:E, just look at that pic of the Yeti. I've seen 3rd graders draw better versions.

That Yeti in some of the avatars are from the Matterhorn dude. Atleast know what your talking about before you try an insult.

ThirdEye

That Jurassic Park ride has some great theming when your going up the chain life and going through the building....Plus the drop is pretty neat.

The_CEO

About E:E, just look at that pic of the Yeti. I've seen 3rd graders draw better versions.

GOO GOO...

Attachments

• yeti.jpg
    yeti.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 99

ISTCrew20

<---Not from Matterhorn:) ...

Justin, he looks like a gingerbread man...

And as for IOA...I just don't like it. Hulk was nothing like everyone said it was. Duleing Dragons had a great queue, and then you can see roads and hotels from the top of the lift. The Old show and walk thru exibit in Lost Continent were an AMAZING waste of time. The only ride I really cared for was Dudley Do Right cuz I loved the fun theme of it. Dr. Suess was alright, but they ruined the whole effect with the unthemed ceiling.

IOA is a themed Six Flags, and that is my opinion.

1stStarIC2nite

Originally posted by ISTCrew20

And as for IOA...I just don't like it. Hulk was nothing like everyone said it was. Duleing Dragons had a great queue, and then you can see roads and hotels from the top of the lift. The Old show and walk thru exibit in Lost Continent were an AMAZING waste of time. The only ride I really cared for was Dudley Do Right cuz I loved the fun theme of it. Dr. Suess was alright, but they ruined the whole effect with the unthemed ceiling.

IOA is a themed Six Flags, and that is my opinion.

I agree, I didn't really care much for IOA. I went in with high expectations and came out rather dissapointed. I however don't really like DDRF, (lol, say that just like it is) I feel like they tried for a Splash Mountain and came out with, IDK, a carnival ride? I do like Popeye though and Spiderman, their themeing is great. But for some reason, IOA doesnt really do anything for me. The studios is much much better, IMO.

ISTCrew20

Originally posted by 1stStarIC2nite
I agree, I didn't really care much for IOA. I went in with high expectations and came out rather dissapointed. I however don't really like DDRF, (lol, say that just like it is) I feel like they tried for a Splash Mountain and came out with, IDK, a carnival ride? I do like Popeye though and Spiderman, their themeing is great. But for some reason, IOA doesnt really do anything for me. The studios is much much better, IMO.

Hello...They didn't go for copying Splash. Remember the part in Dudley when Snidley was in the Jail, and the dog got the key in his mouth...hmm, where have I seen that before? :hammer:

1stStarIC2nite

Hello...They didn't go for copying Splash. Remember the part in Dudley when Snidley was in the Jail, and the dog got the key in his mouth...hmm, where have I seen that before? :hammer:

Woah.. I never noticed that. lol. I kinda noticed that they also had that dip and then back up again in DDRF (ha, I love sayin that) with what looked like a train hitting you. But... yea.

dxwwf3

Dr. Suess was alright, but they ruined the whole effect with the unthemed ceiling.

I really didn't think it was that noticeable. I think it is MUCH worse at the Great Movie Ride especially with Marry Poppins. Now THAT is bad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom