The Mummy might outdue Disney's Mt Everest ?

no2apprentice

Originally posted by Dizknee_Phreek
Which, personally, I thought the score for "The Mummy" was far better than "The Mummy Returns."
Not to mention some of the plot aspects, but that's another topic (or major drift) altogether.

And Lee, if you catch this question, can you reveal how the mountain will progress? Track first, then mountain, or a little track, a little mountain, a little track, a little mountain, etc., OR mountain, then track?

Disney2002

Originally posted by no2apprentice
Not to mention some of the plot aspects, but that's another topic (or major drift) altogether.

And Lee, if you catch this question, can you reveal how the mountain will progress? Track first, then mountain, or a little track, a little mountain, a little track, a little mountain, etc., OR mountain, then track?

We already have a considerable amount of track in place in some areas. My guess is that the major pieces of track will be put down first. This will be followed by the mountain. Then, any 'special' track aspects (like those which have been mentioned elsewhere) will be placed out of sight in the mountain. That will be followed up by all the interior effects and animatronics.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Originally posted by Lee
I don't think Mummy is going to have OTSRs. I think I heard lap bars.

Revenge of the Mummy will not hold OSTRs. I have heard from many places that it will just be a lap bar.

Well, IMO, my avatar says who's going to win. RotM is going to be one heck of a ride, using all sorts of technology, while Everest, well, is just going to be another highly themed coaster in a mountain. Sort of a bigger and better version of the Matterhorn I would say.

The Mummy will rule all....:D

Disney2002

Originally posted by NemoRocks78
Revenge of the Mummy will not hold OSTRs. I have heard from many places that it will just be a lap bar.

Well, IMO, my avatar says who's going to win. RotM is going to be one heck of a ride, using all sorts of technology, while Everest, well, is just going to be another highly themed coaster in a mountain. Sort of a bigger and better version of the Matterhorn I would say.

The Mummy will rule all....:D

Are we so sure that Everest will not be loaded with a ton of special effects?

imagineer99

I would be more psyched about RotM if the source material was better. Frankly, the movies were decent at best. They just in my opinion don't have a "classic" feel. Every time I think of the ride, for some reason all I can picture is Brendan Fraser's face.

Since I haven't ridden either Everest or the Mummy, I will reserve my judgement. As for right now, Everest appeals to me more simply due to it's massive scale. A hummongous mountain in which a train travels outdoors and indoors, backwards and forwards, has me REAL excited.

Add the fact that there may be multiple launches within the mountain and that there will be the most advanced animatronic date, I'm just bustling.

Plus, I just don't like Universal....:lol: :lol:

KevinPage

I wouldn't worry about comparing the speed of each ride. It's the sensation of speed that is more exciting and how it is utilized.

(I'm interested in seeing how AA's are used with a roller coaster as I always had this fantasy of a Star Wars roller coaster with tons of AA, but figured you are going to fast to appreciate it.)

Space Mountain only goes like 33mph, but it feels a heck of alot faster, due to the transitions and twist, turns & drops.

I hope Mummy is successful just due to the fact that competition is good for the CONSUMER (you and me). Let each company spend enormous amounts of $$$ trying to outdone the other and we'll reap the benefits :D

AndyMagic

The problem with EVEREST is that it can't have too many special effects or show scenes because of the length of the train. It just isn't practical for such a ride vehicle because everyone won't be able to see what is going on. Mummy uses a 16 passenger vehicle like DINOSAUR so the experience will be more personal. Mummy will be more of a sensory overload experience while Everest will most likely be Big Thunder for the new century which will certainly be amazing as well. However, like everyone is saying, the two rides are not only incredibly different, they are also not open.

The_CEO

Re: Some Mummy News

Originally posted by stoplight7877
The basic theme of the attraction is that you're going to a museum that's about the ancient Egyptians and things go askew. I'll let you know what she finds out when testing begins.

That is 60 % wrong. You are on a Hot Set of the next Mummy Sequal.

DarkMeasures

Originally posted by KevinPage
I wouldn't worry about comparing the speed of each ride. It's the sensation of speed that is more exciting and how it is utilized.

(I'm interested in seeing how AA's are used with a roller coaster as I always had this fantasy of a Star Wars roller coaster with tons of AA, but figured you are going to fast to appreciate it.)

Space Mountain only goes like 33mph, but it feels a heck of alot faster, due to the transitions and twist, turns & drops.

I hope Mummy is successful just due to the fact that competition is good for the CONSUMER (you and me). Let each company spend enormous amounts of $$$ trying to outdone the other and we'll reap the benefits :D

And that's why Everest is using a 50 foot tall Yeti. (A quarter of the mountain... lol. Imagine if the mountain was full size and the yeti were to scale.)

The really big audioanimatronics will make the large trains fit. But I still wished they would use a dragon instead of a Yeti.

Dragons > Yetis

The_CEO

Originally posted by Disney2002
Anyone else think that Mummy may suffer from some problems with being the first of the two attractions.

Mummy testing has been going VERY good. Minor Minor problems.

Disney2002

Originally posted by AndyMagic
The problem with EVEREST is that it can't have too many special effects or show scenes because of the length of the train. It just isn't practical for such a ride vehicle because everyone won't be able to see what is going on. Mummy uses a 16 passenger vehicle like DINOSAUR so the experience will be more personal. Mummy will be more of a sensory overload experience while Everest will most likely be Big Thunder for the new century which will certainly be amazing as well. However, like everyone is saying, the two rides are not only incredibly different, they are also not open.

I'm not too worried about the ride vehicles. The answer to letting everyone see the action is to have larger show rooms. And even then, the trains won't have to be too long.

I'm curious as to how a 4x4 ride car will work on the very thin track in Mummy. Something about the mechanics of it seems odd. Thoughts?

dxwwf3

I'm curious as to how a 4x4 ride car will work on the very thin track in Mummy. Something about the mechanics of it seems odd. Thoughts?

Well I could be way off but to me it doesn't look that much different from a Hulk train (except with 2 rows only and no over the head restraints, of course).

The_CEO

RnR has it's audio digitally put on the cars.

So will Mummy.

AndyMagic

Originally posted by dxwwf3
Well I could be way off but to me it doesn't look that much different from a Hulk train (except with 2 rows only and no over the head restraints, of course).
It is 4 rows of 4, not 2 rows. And it is nothing like the Hulk train.

raven

There really is no comparison of the Mummy to E:E. Each are different stories. The Imagineers have always designed the story BEFORE the ride itself. And while The Mummy might be very visually appealing, the reason Universal is stepping things up is because Disney is always challenging them. I don't think Disney really cares what Universal does because they have a different target audience for attractions. The Mummy is supposed to be very scary visually while E:E is more of a mythical type of an attraction and more family oriented.

Just my thoughts.

dxwwf3

Originally posted by AndyMagic
It is 4 rows of 4, not 2 rows.

You're right about the 4 rows. I was just looking at one of the concept art drawings and it only shows 2 of the rows. That was my fault.

Disney2002

I just wanted to say that I agree with those people who said that nothing is quite like good competition to keep both parks pushing the envelope.

DDuckFan130

Originally posted by imagineer99
Every time I think of the ride, for some reason all I can picture is Brendan Fraser's face.

And the problem there is? :rolleyes:

Like many of you, I just can't say which will rule because duh I haven't ridden either yet. I hope ROTM does breathe fresh air into that tired park. I haven't been there since '97 because frankly there's nothing there to see. And IoA I went to once the year it opened and haven't had the desire to go back like I have the desire to go back to Disney every friggin' day :lol:. EE sounds VERY intriguing to me. RoTM sounds awesome also because it's based on a couple of movies I absolutely love. So, we'll see.

King_K.

Just To Give You guys a preview of the Animatronics and Ride.

mummy1.jpg

mummy2.jpg

mummy3.jpg

mummy4.jpg

And this Is the Ride Entrance itself at Universal Studios Florida..

3610.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom