The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Stevek

This forum has ads that seem to take up 1/3 of the screen. It's one of the reasons I only look at this place once or twice a day, if that. I imagine soon it will be never.

You and your third world problems :p ;)

If you do leave, we know where to find you:

"I've stayed at Themed Disney Hotels and never felt Immersed. I just cleaned up, ordered crappy delivery food, slept with a stranger, took a dump and showered again. I can do that at any hotel."

George Lucas on a Bench

You shouldn't be seeing anything taking up a third of the screen. What device are you on?

There was a certain ad for something that consistently popped up from the bottom half of the screen and literally grew, so you'd accidentally click the ad rather than the reply area. I haven't seen it for a while, thankfully. The ones lately are more schizophrenic and smaller, but still intrude. In the time I've posted this, I've seen so many corporate ads, it's like Minority Report.

Here's a really bad one. I almost clicked the ad rather than Reply.

Screenshot_20210630-124327_Chrome.jpg

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
There was a certain ad for something that consistently popped up from the bottom half of the screen and literally grew, so you'd accidentally click the ad rather than the reply area. I haven't seen it for a while, thankfully. The ones lately are more schizophrenic and smaller, but still intrude. In the time I've posted this, I've seen so many corporate ads, it's like Minority Report.

Here's a really bad one. I almost clicked the ad rather than Reply.

View attachment 567905
Yes those ads make the site possible. You can pay $7 a month to remove them.

Curious Constance

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Not sure if it's been mentioned or not but the app is saying the Canoes are open, which is another win for covid era Disneyland. Still nothing for the subs, but I am mildly surprised we got both Lincoln and the Canoes back.
Can confirm. We went on the canoes on Saturday. Got our backs soaked by some small children attempting to paddle, as usual. Good times.

DavidDL

Here's a miscellaneous thought that really doesn't belong anywhere else; planning on ordering some ear hooks for my airpods so that I can enjoy California Screamin' with the proper soundtrack the next time I ride it. Have been practicing getting the timing right for launch using YouTube videos and the 60th anniversary track that came out a few years ago. I'm sure Dash's countdown will prove beneficial to getting the music to start at just the right moment so that I can finally enjoy this attraction again. I'll let you know how it goes once I actually try it out in person. :)

Suspirian

I was thinking this over and you know what I probably wouldn't have minded if the Incredicoaster didn't try so hard to justify itself existing with no suspension of disbelief. Crush's Coaster is a good example of this where both its presence in the park (a soundstage set for an animated movie?) and its ride vehicle aren't meant to really make any real world sense but its still a good attraction.

Related but one of my favorite thought experiments recently has been thinking of what would make Incredicoaster better lol

Mac Tonight

I was thinking this over and you know what I probably wouldn't have minded if the Incredicoaster didn't try so hard to justify itself existing with no suspension of disbelief. Crush's Coaster is a good example of this where both its presence in the park (a soundstage set for an animated movie?) and its ride vehicle aren't meant to really make any real world sense but its still a good attraction.

Related but one of my favorite thought experiments recently has been thinking of what would make Incredicoaster better lol

You're not wrong... the Incredicoaster is a pretty good example of the worst kind of IP-infusion: Simply slap characters onto something that already existed, and work the weakest "story" you can to justify their existence. Small wonder then that it, and Pixar Pier as a whole, is generally lauded as one of WDI's worst achievements in recent memory.

milordsloth

Very nice! Once my party was the only group in the Haunted Mansion’s portrait gallery. That’s an experience I have yet to top.
When I road RoTR last month, my friend and I were the only 2 people sent down one of the hallways towards the interrogation rooms. The guy looked at us and says "Only you 2? This way." When the door opened from the interrogation room to the vehicles, the CM was surprised to see only us in there. It was a bit strange to have only the 2 of us between both ride vehicles.

No idea why that happened but it was an interesting experience!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom