The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

lol i like pixar pier
Mickey’s giant face on Pixar Pal Around is a stroke of Imagineering brilliance.

But, hey, I’m glad you like it. The place is at least energetic. I personally think the Classic Mickey theme they started then abandoned was a better direction. And, boy, I miss California Screamin’s wonderful music...compared to...

Jack Jack! Where’s Jack Jack???? There he is! Oh no! Jack Jack! Cookie Num-num! Cookie freakin’ num-num, Jack Jack!!!!!

I swear its the first time a ride actually made me despise a movie franchise I used to love. 😄

Rich T

92056FA1-4B86-4F76-8857-499B8D5908B0.png

I run an honest park.

Rich T

Not really 😔… I could never figure out Mix Master, but everyone who was into RCT3 pyro says the Planco system sucks. It uses a “trigger” system that attaches to tracked rides. Having used that system just for dark ride effects, I can confirm it’s awful.

By the way, are you interested in Planco? I can invite you to some Discord servers with a ton of old members from SGW/Atari Forums
The firework shows In Planco (in default mode) are created using a display sequencer board object, and don’t have to be triggered by rides.

Personally, I really like the trigger system for ride effects; I’ve had decent results.

But I do agree that both ststems could be more intuitive.

Rich T

This takes me back to vPyro days! Do people still make fireworks shows like the ones from RCT3 in Planet Coaster?
Yes, but not in great numbers. I think most players have decided they’d rather use the time and processing power on coasters. 😃

The Console Edition, however, does have preset drag-and-drop firework routines, which makes it all a whole lot easier!

waltography

Not really 😔… I could never figure out Mix Master, but everyone who was into RCT3 pyro says the Planco system sucks. It uses a “trigger” system that attaches to tracked rides. Having used that system just for dark ride effects, I can confirm it’s awful.

By the way, are you interested in Planco? I can invite you to some Discord servers with a ton of old members from SGW/Atari Forums
Ah, that's a shame. Love to hear there's still a community over on Discord though! I haven't gotten around to getting Planco but I may take you up on the Discord invite later when I cave and get a copy. 😂

waltography

Yes, but not in great numbers. I think most players have decided they’d rather use the time and processing power on coasters. 😃

The Console Edition, however, does have preset drag-and-drop firework routines, which makes it all a whole lot easier!
Makes sense; even back then vPyro was a smaller community than the more general RCT3 forums (I myself had a lot easier time keeping interest in making parks and rides than fireworks shows 😂).

BasiltheBatLord

Everyone has probably seen the news about standby pass at DLP this morning. 95% sure it will come to DLR at some point.

For reference, the standby pass system has been in operation in Tokyo for several months now. Not sure if what DLP/other parks are doing is different or not, but in Tokyo it's essentially mandatory fastpass for an attraction where they close the standby line, making it impossible to ride an attraction unless you have a pass for it on your phone. Standby passes are limited (attractions can and will run out), only allowed one ride per day (unless the attraction goes out of standby pass mode, which often happens at the beginning and end of the day) and the line isn't any faster when you actually get there, it's often still normal wait times (up to 45 mins).

BuzzedPotatoHead89

Everyone has probably seen the news about standby pass at DLP this morning. 95% sure it will come to DLR at some point.

For reference, the standby pass system has been in operation in Tokyo for several months now. Not sure if what DLP/other parks are doing is different or not, but in Tokyo it's essentially mandatory fastpass for an attraction where they close the standby line, making it impossible to ride an attraction unless you have a pass for it on your phone. Standby passes are limited (attractions can and will run out), only allowed one ride per day (unless the attraction goes out of standby pass mode, which often happens at the beginning and end of the day) and the line isn't any faster when you actually get there, it's often still normal wait times (up to 45 mins).
And these “Disney Premiere Accesses” passes are paid, correct? Apparently it’s like an additional $9-17 per person per ride at DLP.

Which seems insane given the current price of admission, but nothing is surprising anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom