The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

Delete my account please admin, seems to be American dominated here.
1623726624792.png

Rich T

I don’t think so, although we do know that the original was supposed to have a scene of the dwarfs marching across a log. They wouldn’t have been slow-moving dark-ride sections so likely nothing too complex.
They should have made 7DMT a similar experience to the Matterhorn, but with the witch popping out and cackling/shrieking in place of the abominable snowman.

SuddenStorm

Suspirian

A couple “quick” fixes for DCA would be a suspended UP ride maybe where the challenge trail is and a Coco boat ride in whatever backstage area at Pixar Pier that can be used.

This made me think of something. Aside from Carsland and Monsters (which i feel will be gone soon), I was wondering if anyone felt it would be redundant to add Pixar characters anywhere but Pixar Pier? I feel like there was a number of ways that Pixar properties could've been added throughout the park in existing and new areas but Pixar Pier kinda puts WDI in a tough place.

mickEblu

Original Poster
This made me think of something. Aside from Carsland and Monsters (which i feel will be gone soon), I was wondering if anyone felt it would be redundant to add Pixar characters anywhere but Pixar Pier? I feel like there was a number of ways that Pixar properties could've been added throughout the park in existing and new areas but Pixar Pier kinda puts WDI in a tough place.

It’s kind of redundant but I don’t think Disney or people really care. I would prefer IP to be scattered throughout the park and just fit into the theme of the land (even if only loosely). An Up ride for example would work loosely in Grizzly Peak. Cars Land is an anomaly for me in that it’s single IP land that works very well undoubtedly due to the amazing execution and theme that is simpatico with Disney parks.

mickEblu

Original Poster
My man, yes it is!

It's my understanding Tony did some consulting for the book, since he had a close relationship with Claude during the latter part of Claude's career- so I'm hoping there's some new stories that haven't been shared.

Thanks my man! I’ll be ordering this. Great to to hear Tony did some consulting! I remember his story of running into Claude Coates as he snuck into the POTC show building when it was still being built.

lazyboy97o

Wow, and I thought WEB-SLINGERS was bad. This is one of the worst things Disney’s ever done. And then, at the end, to have the animated on-tram hosts gushing (obnoxiously) about how amazingly fun it supposedly was... In all seriousness, how stupid does Disney think people are?

They’re just maintaining the theme of Walt Disney Studios Park being the worst Disney park.

Mac Tonight

Wow, and I thought WEB-SLINGERS was bad. This is one of the worst things Disney’s ever done. And then, at the end, to have the animated on-tram hosts gushing (obnoxiously) about how amazingly fun it supposedly was... In all seriousness, how stupid does Disney think people are?

Oof. As someone who thoroughly enjoyed the Backlot Tour from the MGM Studios days... this was painful to watch. Who do I see about getting those 13 minutes and 45 seconds back?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom