The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

socalifornian

12E50DCF-9A09-47D2-AA80-7D985F7DA09A.jpeg

Disney Irish

Premium Member
It's pretty insensitive to send it. Maybe they should check they lists for major dead celebrities and cancel their reservations?
How do we know the family decided to not cancel the reservation in order to honor him on his birthday? After all DLR appears have been one of his favorite places to go.

Phroobar

How do we know the family decided to not cancel the reservation in order to honor him on his birthday? After all DLR appears have been one of his favorite places to go.
Because it is addressed to Kobe. I bet the Lodge & Spa at Cordillera was a favorite place of his too.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Because it is addressed to Kobe. I bet the Lodge & Spa at Cordillera was a favorite place of his too.
Are we actually sure it was addressed directly to him or to "The Family of"? Because that wasn't shown in the social media post from Vanessa where this pic came from. I'm just saying the family could have just simply decided not to cancel the reservation in order to honor him on his birthday. I don't find it insensitive at all a hand written note that the executive chef signed along with an actual meal was sent to the family, even if it had been addressed to him directly. Obviously Vanessa didn't find it insenstive either since she shared it on her social media feed with the public.

Phroobar

Are we actually sure it was addressed directly to him or to "The Family of"? Because that wasn't shown in the social media post from Vanessa where this pic came from. I'm just saying the family could have just simply decided not to cancel the reservation in order to honor him on his birthday. I don't find it insensitive at all a hand written note that the executive chef signed along with an actual meal was sent to the family, even if it had been addressed to him directly. Obviously Vanessa didn't find it insenstive either since she shared it on her social media feed with the public.
Club 33 also had to send out a lot of cancellations. That is why I wondering if it was a form letter or if the Chef is really writing notes to everyone. I don't think Kobe's family is the only one that got a meal sent to them.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Club 33 also had to send out a lot of cancellations. That is why I wondering if it was a form letter or if the Chef is really writing notes to everyone. I don't think Kobe's family is the only one that got a meal sent to them.
Could be. I just think its nice that they did send a meal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom