The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

mickEblu

Original Poster
I think it's incredibly sad that things got this far.

If anyone is a fan of any celebrity, the respectable thing to do is to not contact them, and if you see them in person, do not approach them.

Personally I don’t go up to celebrities not out of respect for them but because I have too much pride I guess and it seems silly. I think people should do what they want. The celebrities know what they signed up for. If they can enjoy the good their celebrity brought theme than they have to do deal with the bad too.

Californian Elitist

I think it's incredibly sad that things got this far.

If anyone is a fan of any celebrity, the respectable thing to do is to not contact them, and if you see them in person, do not approach them.

I don’t do it each time I see a celebrity, but I have gone up to a few of them to express how much I admire their work. I’m always respectful and calm. A lot of them appreciate and respect when a fan approaches them just to simply say hello or praise whatever they do.

I don’t condone harassment, but it’s inevitable that celebrities will receive extra attention, whether it’s in person, by fan mail, online, etc. They’re aware of this, it comes with the territory.

lazyboy97o

It would have episodes of the creative team in Costco buying 75" tvs.
Show’s what you know, they’re 80” TVs and they go to Sam’s Club.

Older attractions would be less interested if they only focused on Universal given the level of outsourcing but could also shed light on how small teams can really perform. Dave Cobb did a great video earlier this year with some of the other people who worked on Men in Black: Alien Attack but an actual documentary would not be about what is now Universal Creative as it was mostly outsourced.

Rich T

I don’t do it each time I see a celebrity, but I have gone up to a few of them to express how much I admire their work. I’m always respectful and calm. A lot of them appreciate and respect when a fan approaches them just to simply say hello or praise whatever they do.

I don’t condone harassment, but it’s inevitable that celebrities will receive extra attention, whether it’s in person, by fan mail, online, etc. They’re aware of this, it comes with the territory.
I agree; I think a nice, “Thanks for your great work; it’s brought a lot of joy to me/my family,” or something like that is generally appreciated. The same way a chef likes to hear his food is good. It’s the customers who then want to visit the chef’s home kitchen who are the problem.

Californian Elitist

I agree; I think a nice, “Thanks for your great work; it’s brought a lot of joy to me/my family,” or something like that is generally appreciated. The same way a chef likes to hear his food is good. It’s the customers who then want to visit the chef’s home kitchen who are the problem.

That’s a great analogy. I do love complimenting the chef in person as well. I’ve done that a few times.

smooch

Personally I don’t go up to celebrities not out of respect for them but because I have too much pride I guess and it seems silly. I think people should do what they want. The celebrities know what they signed up for. If they can enjoy the good their celebrity brought theme than they have to do deal with the bad too.

I have only seen one celebrity in person so far: it was Casey Neistat, one of the biggest YouTubers in recent years. I was with my friend in San Francisco going clothes shopping and we saw him with his son, my friend and I waved at him but didn't go ask for a picture because we didn't want to interrupt his time with his son. Honestly though there are only a small handful of people I would ask for a picture and those are really just my favorite musicians or a few actors. It really just comes down to the situation I think, I know some celebrities hate pictures and if I knew a celebrity I like doesn't like pictures I wouldn't even ask, but if they don't appear to be in a huge rush or having a moment like Casey Neistat was with his son (he was visiting his son from New York so it's not like they're always together so we left them alone) then I would probably consider respectfully asking for a picture and if they say no then oh well. I guess there was one other time, I was at San Francisco at the Bell Graham Civic Auditorium for the League of Legends World Championship (group stage, not the championship game, but I did go to that too in LA) and when I was walking to the bathroom I saw one of the casters for the games walking and nobody else was around him and he was my favorite caster so I told him I loved his commentary and asked for a picture and he said yes and seemed happy to take the picture with me, he was super cool about it. Obviously we were at an event of mutual interest so it wasn't randomly in the street, but still my one other interaction with a celebrity which I just realized funnily enough they're both internet celebrities.

Mac Tonight

I once convinced a security guard on the set of ALIAS that I was visiting from England. He let me hang around for a while and when Jennifer Garner walked by, he pointed to me and called me over to come meet her.

Any shred of guilt I may have felt for lying to him instantly vanished the minute she smiled at me and shook my hand.

Thank you, Sir. Wherever you are.

Californian Elitist

One of my film professors told us a story about going to a horse race with his mother back in the 80s. They spotted Michael Jackson sitting fairly close by, surrounded by security. His mother said she was going to walk over and talk to him and my professor told her she couldn’t just walk up to Michael Jackson. Well, she did, and his security guards initially moved in front of him, but he told them to allow her to pass and kindly asked her to sit next to him. She sat and chatted with him during the entire race while my professor sat dumbfounded.

Sometimes being creative, such as pretending to be British to meet Jennifer Garner, or being bold and walking up to mega famous entertainers pays off.

truecoat

I have only seen one celebrity in person so far: it was Casey Neistat, one of the biggest YouTubers in recent years. I was with my friend in San Francisco going clothes shopping and we saw him with his son, my friend and I waved at him but didn't go ask for a picture because we didn't want to interrupt his time with his son. Honestly though there are only a small handful of people I would ask for a picture and those are really just my favorite musicians or a few actors. It really just comes down to the situation I think, I know some celebrities hate pictures and if I knew a celebrity I like doesn't like pictures I wouldn't even ask, but if they don't appear to be in a huge rush or having a moment like Casey Neistat was with his son (he was visiting his son from New York so it's not like they're always together so we left them alone) then I would probably consider respectfully asking for a picture and if they say no then oh well. I guess there was one other time, I was at San Francisco at the Bell Graham Civic Auditorium for the League of Legends World Championship (group stage, not the championship game, but I did go to that too in LA) and when I was walking to the bathroom I saw one of the casters for the games walking and nobody else was around him and he was my favorite caster so I told him I loved his commentary and asked for a picture and he said yes and seemed happy to take the picture with me, he was super cool about it. Obviously we were at an event of mutual interest so it wasn't randomly in the street, but still my one other interaction with a celebrity which I just realized funnily enough they're both internet celebrities.

I'm old so I'm not sure I'd recognize anyone on youtube as a celebrity. I'm sure they are to many people but I just don't see it.

Phroobar

H to the E to the double L no. I do watch Chemical Safety Board videos. The one on the BP Texas City plant explosion is amazing.
Like Nastya is this little girl that travels the world with her parents and visits theme parks. She has 59 million subscribers. Scary!

Rich T

I'm old so I'm not sure I'd recognize anyone on youtube as a celebrity. I'm sure they are to many people but I just don't see it.
If I saw the gang from Theme Park Worldwide, I’d give them a quick “thank you” for all the great park tour videos. Like a lot of good Youtubers, they’re not celebrities, they’re something better: Down-to-earth hosts providing much-appreciated information and someday-historic footage of sites around the world most people can’t get to.

truecoat

Like Nastya is this little girl that travels the world with her parents and visits theme parks. She has 59 million subscribers. Scary!
A lot more than the CSB, lol. Only 132 thousand subscribers but I love their CGI recreation of accidents. It's like watching the Modern Marvels Engineering Disasters.

socalifornian

Screenshots from Microsoft Flight Simulator. No Guardians, Pixar Pier, GE, or Avengers Campus
F837D0DD-8196-4C34-BDA7-8BA1EED5C2EE.png987249A3-0709-4939-8904-08188965F042.pngE0FAAB1D-2B58-45B3-A3BF-29ABD836B14A.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom