The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Mac Tonight

I don’t understand the fascination
The nightly fireworks have thankfully died down a bit in this area. But there for a few weeks it was just a nightly annoyance.
I gotta admit, Disney parks have ruined me for other displays of fireworks. I really just have no interest in them without coordinated music and other effects. (For me, Wishes at MK in 2011 will probably never get topped.)

Though having said that, one of my weirdly favorite life experiences was when I worked at a Walgreens and one 4th of July, since the store was a ghost town, a couple other employees and I snuck out onto the roof to watch the random sparks fly up around town.

PiratesMansion

I dunno... I don’t think even Disney can ever top San Diego 2012...

Ah, that's the one I remembered and referenced earlier in the thread!

The best fireworks I've ever seen was on National Day in Hong Kong in 2010. Incredibly congested, unwittingly found myself stuck in a spot standing two hours before the show, trapped...totally worth it! Elaborate, spectacular show over the water with the skyline of Hong Kong Island in the background. It was an unforgettable experience.

If my local area did fireworks like that I'd be a much bigger fan.

1HAPPYGHOSTHOST

This is from a VHS tape sold at Disneyland in 1991. This is when Disneyland was at its peak. There is lots of footage of Splash Mountain and other rides Disney has since destroyed. You even get to see the Starcade! Enjoy!

I can't believe Disney thought it was a good idea to have such a non inclusive ride with racial cartoon undertones as Splash Mountain in the 1990's. Disgusting that Disney ok'd this ride back then. No body thought of the children when they decided to include ZIP-A-DEE-DO-DAH at the end????

PiratesMansion

This is from a VHS tape sold at Disneyland in 1991. This is when Disneyland was at its peak. There is lots of footage of Splash Mountain and other rides Disney has since destroyed. You even get to see the Starcade! Enjoy!

A good representation of the park from a bygone area. Was that guy from the Big Thunder Ranch segment a member of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies? He looked familiar. The "new" announcer does a good job, but it is a shame that more Jack Wagner isn't left in the parks (Offhand, I can't think of any. What examples of Jack Wagner voiceovers remain in the park? The only one I can remember from any of the parks is Tokyo Disneyland, where his original recording is still used to announce the park's closing.

I'm partial to Disneyland Fun, from 1990. Lots of great footage there too, and I'm partial to it because it was the first images of Disneyland I ever saw and the only-possible-at-that-moment use of Roger Rabbit that firmly sets the entire thing as a time capsule.

SuddenStorm

A good representation of the park from a bygone area. Was that guy from the Big Thunder Ranch segment a member of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies? He looked familiar. The "new" announcer does a good job, but it is a shame that more Jack Wagner isn't left in the parks (Offhand, I can't think of any. What examples of Jack Wagner voiceovers remain in the park? The only one I can remember from any of the parks is Tokyo Disneyland, where his original recording is still used to announce the park's closing.

I'm partial to Disneyland Fun, from 1990. Lots of great footage there too, and I'm partial to it because it was the first images of Disneyland I ever saw and the only-possible-at-that-moment use of Roger Rabbit that firmly sets the entire thing as a time capsule.

His Matterhorn safety spiel is intact- though modified to now say "Remain seated with your seat-belt fastened" instead of "Remain seated please", which I believe they stole from the old breakdown spiel.

socalifornian

Passing through
FAAE0C23-BE97-4607-933A-6F9AFA1235D0.jpeg

7FE15FC0-5148-4596-80FB-D56A6D70F0F7.jpeg
2734A6BE-AD65-4D15-BDED-7EAF0AF6C1E9.jpeg
9E48285B-A452-4589-AC1F-6BFBA38CA6CE.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom