The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Rich T

I saw a news copter video showing the view over LA. There where thousands of morters being shot off. I looked at the valley below my house and saw them everywhere well pass 1am. I'm in a fire zone so all fireworks are illegal. It was quite up here. Everyone went elsewhere for parties. This goes to show if you cancel city run shows people will do their own.
I’m... I’m going to go eat the bag of Hershey minis that was supposed to last me a week...

TP2000

This is basically what central OC looked like last night from the hillside party I was at. There were no Disneyland or Angel Stadium fireworks obviously, but the good people of Orange County more than made up for it with their own displays that went on for several hours.

None of us at the party had ever seen anything like it!

Governor Newsom's mandate to shelter at home and not interact with people outside your household over the holiday weekend obviously wasn't obeyed, as parties and barbecues were rollicking all over the neighborhood. And obviously all over Orange County and Los Angeles County too. That makes me chuckle. :cool:

Sharon&Susan

Mad Libs.jpg

Phroobar

About $5-$20 per shell. Disney usually dumps a few million per night on fireworks since their shells are bigger. When I used to setup city fireworks shows I'd setup $20-$30k. I would check out a van from Pyro Speculators take it to the site, setup, launch and then clean up and return the van. I usually made a $1000 for the day's work that I would split with some helpers. It was a lot of work setting up and testing. I once setup a brage in Reflection Lake at Knotts. This was before Silver Bullet. I ended up falling in the lake that day. I'm too old to set that stuff up anymore.

socalifornian

About $5-$20 per shell. Disney usually dumps a few million per night on fireworks since their shells are bigger. When I used to setup city fireworks shows I'd setup $20-$30k. I would check out a van from Pyro Speculators take it to the site, setup, launch and then clean up and return the van. I usually made a $1000 for the day's work that I would split with some helpers. It was a lot of work setting up and testing. I once setup a brage in Reflection Lake at Knotts. This was before Silver Bullet. I ended up falling in the lake that day. I'm too old to set that stuff up anymore.
Do you know how much it might cost in Mexico? Some years ago I saw ~20 minutes worth of pyro that the hosts brought across the border, I just can’t remember the cost they told me

Edit: 11 seconds of the show

Last edited:

TP2000

About how much would one of those big, impressive, professional looking fireworks cost?

In the 1970's in Seattle, local restaurant owner Ivar Haglund paid for the city's waterfront fireworks shows every year on the 4th at a cost of $20,000 with around 600 shells. And they were some of the biggest civic shows in the country at that time. This was back when Seattle was still a normal American city that would celebrate something like Independence Day. But adjusted for inflation, $20,000 in 1975 dollars would equate to about $100,000 in today's money.

The average Disneyland fireworks show uses less than 200 shells, so a 600 shell show like Seattle used to do in the 20th century would be huge. Especially when displayed over the water along Seattle's downtown waterfront.

Seattle cancelled its fireworks display this year. Ivar Haglund passed away several decades ago.

No Name

Nah that old lady was just a liar this whole time. And a bit of a tramp if you ask me.

Well remember she claims he didn’t steal it and it was planted in his stolen suit jacket. But it’s easy to come to that conclusion when you’re madly in love with the guy. Ultimately we’ll never know.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom