The Miscellaneous Thought Thread

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No!!! Update it with fresh floats, new tech and a revamped-but-still-recognizable soundtrack (like they did in Tokyo). Let it continue to charm new generations for decades to come! If it ain't broke... Wait.... If it's a timeless classic that's slightly broke, then fix it! :)
They did that, its called Paint The Night. Some of you just don't like the floats or soundtrack....

Rich T

They did that, its called Paint The Night. Some of you just don't like the floats or soundtrack....
Paint the Night didn't keep close enough to its roots. The Baroque Hoedown has to run throughout the show in some kind of recognizable adaptation, or it's not the MSEP. I like Paint the Night, but it doesn't have any depth and is a bit short on charm. And, I've tried, really I have, but I just can't suspend my disbelief for that Tinkerbell-on-a-stick. It. Just. Doesn't. Work. :D

Last edited:

SuddenStorm

Just got #1 for the day on Buzz. Yes, I make my group ride in a different vehicle on Buzz.

Mac Tonight

What are some of the other things?
This might be worthy of it's own thread... but here are a few of my Disneyland "quirks"...

-Riding Buzz solo
-Sitting in the very back-middle for Mr. Lincoln
-Pretending the blow-darts get me on Indy and falling limp
-Waving to the Blue Bayou diners during Pirates
-Watching Mickey's Polo Team in the Cinema
-Walking directly down the middle of Main St. when I first get in (crowds permitting)
-Thanking Walt as I leave by nodding to the lamp in the firehouse

mickEblu

Original Poster
This might be worthy of it's own thread... but here are a few of my Disneyland "quirks"...

-Riding Buzz solo
-Walking directly down the middle of Main St. when I first get in (crowds permitting)

LOL @ the Indy one

Phroobar

-Riding Buzz solo
I like to pretend I got speared by the natives on the Jungle Cruise.

Mac Tonight

I used to be far more consistent in getting 800k+ 5 or so years ago, but now I'm far more inconsistent due to far less frequent visitation and average in the 700,000 range.
How many rides do you average on a trip? I'm prone to repeat right away if I don't do that well. I think my record is 4 straight runs. The workers are like, "you again?" 🤣

What can I say? It's a great low-wait during the parade/fireworks.

SuddenStorm

How many rides do you average on a trip? I'm prone to repeat right away if I don't do that well. I think my record is 4 straight runs. The workers are like, "you again?" 🤣

What can I say? It's a great low-wait during the parade/fireworks.
Usually only ride once, Splash is the ride I marathon whenever possible.

Planning on doing a solo rope drop day next week to get as many buzz rides in as possible, need to get my average back up to 1mil+

Mac Tonight

Usually only ride once, Splash is the ride I marathon whenever possible.

Planning on doing a solo rope drop day next week to get as many buzz rides in as possible, need to get my average back up to 1mil+
I used to marathon Pirates and Haunted. I went through a weird phase where I tried to be the last one on the attraction.
Gotta say, having a Pirates boat to yourself is pretty rad. I just don't stay that late anymore.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom